Fastest Micro SD Card

Reaction score
The SanDisk 64gb Extreme Pro is UHS-1/U3 which will handle 4K video writes. Speeds 95Mb/s. Latest version, package states 95mb/s, real world speeds will of course vary on different hardware.

I

Last edited:
Reactions: vinnnocc
That card writes at 90MB/s. The card that comes with the Phantom 3 writes at 40MB/s.

Does anyone know if the Phantom can actually write at anything higher than 40MB/s? It seems DJI might have included a better card if it was required to record at 4k.

Last edited:
Most real cameras tell you what the max write speed is... shocked this one doesn't include that info

The SanDisk 64gb Extreme Pro is UH3 which will handle 4K video writes. Speeds 95Mb/s. Latest version package states 95mb/s, real world speeds will of course vary on different hardware.

I

Sure that card can handle 4K video but the camera isn't that sophisticated that it needs UH3 with write speeds 95Mb/s.

The write speed is especially important when it comes to burst picture taking. It also depends on the size of the P3's buffer. The slower the write speed, the less "burst" it can do. My DLSR with a 40mb/s card will only burst 3 pics, but with a 90/mb/s it can burst almost 10.

the advantage of a fast card is in the transfer of files with the PC

Does it come with a card?

I think it comes with a lexor 16gb card (class 10)

Supported SD Card Types
Micro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
Max Bitrate of Video Storage: 60 Mbps
Supported File Formats: FAT32/exFAT
Photo: JPEG, DNG
Video: MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)

Last edited:
Well idk if I'll be mad that I just got the 64g extreme pro ups-1/u3. And can't use it with my P3p but I can use it with my go pro and t3i

Really hope I can with the p3

Don't confuse your bits and bytes. The P3's camera can put out 60 mbps (which is 7.5 MBs). Almost any card can write that. As said above, the speed of the card helps with data transfer to a computer afterwards.

As in most things, speed is good, and especially in all PC storage devices

Don't confuse your bits and bytes. The P3's camera can put out 60 mbps (which is 7.5 MBs). Almost any card can write that. As said above, the speed of the card helps with data transfer to a computer afterwards.

Only read speed applies to the rate of transfer to the computer, write speed is from camera to card.

So...Can anyone tell us what the write speed for the P3p might be?
I agree faster is always better. Why take a chance on any card that is slower.

So...Can anyone tell us what the write speed for the P3p might be?
I agree faster is always better. Why take a chance on any card that is slower.

UKFlyer covered that above, it appears to be Max Bitrate of Video Storage: 60 Mbps, although, that says video. I would assume that also applies to photo

I saw that DJi specification before as well. It doesn't make a lot of sense though. I bet DJi meant "B as is bytes" instead of "b as in bits". 60mbps seems pretty slow.

I bet DJi meant "B as is bytes" instead of "b as in bits".
I'm thinking the same. Aldryn Estacio said he can snap RAW photos back-to-back with absolutely no delay. For that to be possible, the files must be writing to disk at a speed much faster than 7.5MB/s.

Here's my real life test of this cards against three other competitors:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers