Fastest Micro SD Card

Here's my real life test of this cards against three other competitors:
Just a clarification. Are you showing that the P4 writes faster than the P3 (hardware limited to 7.5MB/s write speed) or simply just comparing cards for use in the P4?
I'm asking because I've seen your P4 videos in the P3 discussion pages a few times now.

BTW - I've enjoyed your videos. You have a great voice and personality on screen. I hope you do more. Cheers!

Thank You!

Yes, my goal was to simply show the differences in the cards performance.

Just a clarification. Are you showing that the P4 writes faster than the P3 (hardware limited to 7.5MB/s write speed) or simply just comparing cards for use in the P4?
I'm asking because I've seen your P4 videos in the P3 discussion pages a few times now.

BTW - I've enjoyed your videos. You have a great voice and personality on screen. I hope you do more. Cheers!

Reactions: Oso
Is there a typo in the specs of the Phantom 3? According to DJI the P3A has a write speed of 40 Mbps(5 MBps) and the P3P @ 60 Mbps(7.5 MBps). I had found a good deal on some cards and posted in the General Discussion forum and there is some debate on needing better cards.

These are the cards I posted about. Two 32 gb cards for $17.
http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-High-Pe...ar+32gb+micro+sd+card+ritz+camera&sdsrc=staff

At a 20 MBps write speed they should be plenty fast enough for the Phantom 3. Or am I missing something?

Just came to know from here, that Samsung has recently released their 256GB card which is also having 95MB/s writing speed which is also able to record 4K videos too. I am planning to buy that card for my P3, any one has already used it? Any experience with this card?

AFAIK, the phantom 3 doesnt support more than 64GB.
That's the advertised limit, but most larger memory cards work just fine too.

Larger sizes sometimes work depending on the card but a rating of class 10 UHS-1 is max speed. Class 10 UHS-3 also works but will not go any faster. I haven't tested this personally that's just what documentation says.

Would something like this work in the P3S? Not sure how good Samsung is over SanDisk. I thought the owners manual recommended SanDisk.
Lots of different brand cards work.
I've used many brands including Samsung with no problems.

I just searched the Standard manual and can't find any recommendation for Sandisk or any other brand.
Here's what it actually says:
The Phantom 3 Standard comes with an 8 GB Micro SD, but also supports Micro SD cards with a
capacity of up to 64 GB. It is recommended using a UHS-1 or Class 10 Micro SD card to minimize
the delay when reading or writing high resolution image files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72