Fall in the Sea

Yes mate but this could be control for instance by a different "EMERGENCY STOP BUTTON" not with sticks which you use during flying!!!
I hope you understand my point

I do feel your pain. I have never done a CSC mid flight but that doesn't mean I never will by accident. Someone now sells a plastic guard to limit the travel of the sticks to stop it happening.
Good luck with the P3. In the UK in some cases house insurance can cover you for mishaps with personal property. Example you drop your camera! I don't know if that is the same with you?

I am just curious, what were you trying to do with the sticks in the fully down in/out position.

I have personally never done a full yaw in flight with any MR with a gimbal. I can see full down to descend fast (that is actually limited by SW) but I don't get the yaw and I don't think I have ever gone all the way to a corner with the right stick either, except in a 3D plane doing an inverted stall.

Most of the time when I fly anything with a gimbal, I try to be very smooth and make slow moves.

Not a criticism, I am just curious. To me the P3P is a flying camera not a FPV racer or a 3D heli or airplane model.

IAM FURIUS WITH DJI BECAUSE THEY COULD KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WITH WRONG STICK MOVEMENT THEY SHOULD CHANGE THAT FUNCTION SO WHEN YOU ARE IN FLIGHT NOT TO BE POSSIBLE ACCIDENTALLY TO TURN IT OFF DURING FLIGHT
IT COULD HAPPENED SOMETHING REALLY WORSD!!!

Ford doesn't stop you from turning your engine off on the freeway...

Reactions: Reed L
Actually Ford will let you do that. There have even been accidents where people remove the key from the steering wheel when coasting down hill and when they turn the wheel it locks in one position, most of these are fatal accidents, because the power brakes are then off as well.

Once again if it can be done someone probably will. Most of us just ask, what were they thinking...

I make educational videos as part of my business, and we always say, if you could legislate common sense we would be out of business.

I appreciate your comments,advises and thoughts but I still strongly believe that shutting off the motors during mid flight using the same sticks you use for "steering" is a fatal mistake by DJI .Its all looks like you are driving a car and when your turn totally on the left or in the right the engine to shut off the hydraulic steering to go off and become very heavy and therefore to lose control and have an accident.More or less looks the same.
It was a matter of seconds my dear co- pilots a matter of seconds until I realized what happened it was to late... DJI should help not assist in flight mistakes

When an airliner black box is recovered from a water landing, the very first thing that they do is put it into a container of fresh water and they ship it that way to the NTSB labs.

Every minute the drone is exposed to air after a salt water bath is doing damage.

Disassemble what is easy and put all the pieces into a fresh water bath. At least 12 hours and change the water often.
Chances are your camera is toast already, but I have saved a cellphone that went through the laundry this way.
Go to the grocery store and buy a couple of ten pound bags of the cheapest rice you can find.
Manually dry the water from the drone and parts, then replace the water with rice. Sealed from the room air if possible. You don't want the rice to be absorbing water from the room air. Leave it alone for a few days.

Your barometric altimeter chip is the most vulnerable, and it's inside the NAZA module.

Good luck.
Agreed with Steve, I hate that happened. Wish you the best of luck Nicolas!

Honestly I was doing some circles and a kind of maneuver abilities testing and nevertheless I read before about that case with the sticks I was so absorb and thrilled that I did that move without even realizing that I did it.Of course without any doubt as I posted before it's totally my stupid fatal mistake but if this un proper function did not work in this way may be I could be more lucky....

CSC has existed for a LONG time. Some multi-rotors are meant to be flown like race cars. A P3 is NOT one of those pieces of equipment!! CSC is a safety feature, not a road block. In that, there is almost no reason to ever have an opportunity to accidentally perform a CSC in a P3. I fly the living hell out of mine!! But that what I'm paid to do. CSC will never go away, and DJI really cant move it elsewhere. It is, in every electric RC product, a combination of stick movements.

Sorry you gave yours a dip! Everyone will crash.. eventually. Its part of the hobby! Hopefully you got it in fresh water soon enough.

Reactions: keepngoal
Sorry to read this. I hope your recover your bird but if you do recover the battery I'd never trust it in flight again being underwater once.

Good luck!

I am sorry you lost your MR in the sea. I hope some of it is salvageable, but I would say chances are slim. Salt water is very corrosive.

The thing about all these mishaps with MRs is. If you have any experience in RC model aircraft, then you know new pilots will crash their models and just accept it.

Put into perspective. Most new RC pilots will crash about a dozen planes before they are competent pilots. It is just an accepted fact. I don't think modern MRs are any exception at all, just people think these "new" machines are supposed to be safe and fool proof, they are not. You have to become a good pilot and put in your dues. And they rely on new programming and electronics that are bound to have problems. Look at NASA and the expensive hardware they blow up.

I have crashed dozens of planes and heli models over the years, almost all were my fault. I have had bad glow plugs, failed servos, bad gusts at the wrong time, a tail come off due to structural failure and once a NIMH battery fail. But most were just me being reckless and/or stupid.

Bottom line is flying RC models is a hobby that will inevitably lead to crashes and MRs are just another form of RC model crafts. Don't blame the manufacturers, we are all living on the bleeding edge here. These are just toys after all. And if they are tools, then you have to accept them as such and fly them as such, and if you are in business making money from them, accept the risks and be prepared to loose a few. It happens with expensive cameras as well, you drop them or leave them on the roof of your car and forget and you speed off, ask me about that one, I have insurance for that. It is all the cost of doing business or the cost of this wonderful hobby.

You are absolutely right my friend I have to face and cope with it in your "fashion"
Have a good night Tomorrow is a new drone day :).

I appreciate your comments,advises and thoughts but I still strongly believe that shutting off the motors during mid flight using the same sticks you use for "steering" is a fatal mistake by DJI .Its all looks like you are driving a car and when your turn totally on the left or in the right the engine to shut off the hydraulic steering to go off and become very heavy and therefore to lose control and have an accident.More or less looks the same.
It was a matter of seconds my dear co- pilots a matter of seconds until I realized what happened it was to late... DJI should help not assist in flight mistakes

You've lost a bird and gained a very expensive lesson. One the manual can't teach you. Look on the bright side, you became a better pilot by crashing.
(give your self a cheapo Hubsan for christmas)

It would be more like turning the wheel full right, while turning on the left blinker and applying full throttle. There is never a reason to do such a thing, and thats why the CSC has always been in that location. Its been this way for a dozen years. Changing it would be like moving the gas peddle to the left and the clutch to the right. Everyone with any past experience would be screwed!

Reactions: reboot81
Prop guards are more of a liability than a benefit. They negatively impact stability. Nothing beats practicing in a large open space until you are proficient.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.