Fall in the Sea

Reaction score
Hello guys today due to my combined enthusiasm and curiosity to test the abilities during maneuvering using both sticks I presume I did the FATAL MISTAKE and turn simultaneously both sticks down in angle and therefore I turn it off during flight
POSITIVE:
1.NOBODY GOT INJURED
2.THE DRONE DID NOT SUSTAINED ANY IMPACT AND IS IN PERFECT SHAPE
NEGATIVE
FALL IN SALTY WATER AND STAYED IN THE BOTTOM ABT 2.5 METERS FOR 2 MINUTES
AS I TOOK IT OUTSIDE I REMOVED IMMEDIATELY THE BATTERY AND USED TWO FANS/BLOWERS WITH COLD AIR
PLEASE GUYS TELL ME WHAT ELSE I HAVE YO DO TO ""SAVE LIFE OF MY BABY""

I'd pull the top shell off and rinse with fresh water.
If you don't want to disassemble then with the battery
removed you can submerge in fresh clean water,
Either way you need to rinse ALL of the salt water out.

Reactions: meringueman
Soak it in fresh water - put it in the bath!!! Yes the whole thing!
Then dry it all out - use a fan heater or something but not too close you dont want it to get too hot!
Battery probably finished and if there is water in the camera you have problems as well.
The damage is done - soaking it in a bath will NOT make it worse!!!

When an airliner black box is recovered from a water landing, the very first thing that they do is put it into a container of fresh water and they ship it that way to the NTSB labs.

Every minute the drone is exposed to air after a salt water bath is doing damage.

Disassemble what is easy and put all the pieces into a fresh water bath. At least 12 hours and change the water often.
Chances are your camera is toast already, but I have saved a cellphone that went through the laundry this way.
Go to the grocery store and buy a couple of ten pound bags of the cheapest rice you can find.
Manually dry the water from the drone and parts, then replace the water with rice. Sealed from the room air if possible. You don't want the rice to be absorbing water from the room air. Leave it alone for a few days.

Your barometric altimeter chip is the most vulnerable, and it's inside the NAZA module.

Good luck.

IAM FURIUS WITH DJI BECAUSE THEY COULD KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WITH WRONG STICK MOVEMENT THEY SHOULD CHANGE THAT FUNCTION SO WHEN YOU ARE IN FLIGHT NOT TO BE POSSIBLE ACCIDENTALLY TO TURN IT OFF DURING FLIGHT
IT COULD HAPPENED SOMETHING REALLY WORSD!!!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447609394.538009.jpg

Reactions: DownUnder
That's all I could do I couldn't take any parts off cause I don't have any tools with me now

IAM FURIUS WITH DJI BECAUSE THEY COULD KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WITH WRONG STICK MOVEMENT THEY SHOULD CHANGE THAT FUNCTION SO WHEN YOU ARE IN FLIGHT NOT TO BE POSSIBLE ACCIDENTALLY TO TURN IT OFF DURING FLIGHT
IT COULD HAPPENED SOMETHING REALLY WORSD!!!
Yes, it's better if DJI limit the CSC operations below 3 feet if motors are turning.

Reactions: Trackman1
theres situations where the csc is good. like if you lose control and the phantom flies towards buildings or people and you have to stop it from reaching them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl