Fall in the Sea

theres situations where the csc is good. like if you lose control and the phantom flies towards buildings or people and you have to stop it from reaching them.
If you loose control, How would you operate CSC? If you can operate CSC, then as well initiate RTH.

CSC is the emergency stop button.
It's unlikely anyone would ever activate it to avoid flying into something but it is very useful to stop the spinning blades of a crashed Phantom.

CSC is the emergency stop button.
It's unlikely anyone would ever activate it to avoid flying into something but it is very useful to stop the spinning blades of a crashed Phantom.
I actually came fairly close a few weeks ago. I was flying about a mile away and an air ambulance showed up between me and my P3. Almost impossible to know what his altitude was, or where he was in relation to the P3. Our altitudes were very close to the same though. I ended up flying further away and UP to avoid an accident. I had maybe 30 seconds from the time I heard him to when he went by. CSC would have dropped altitude far faster than simple descending.

My RC mentor told me a very wise and true thing: "Every time you fly, you need to be prepared to lose your craft." Words to live by. Even the most proficient flyers will encounter a catastrophic situation at some point and the RC craft will be a total loss. Just part of the hobby. Sorry it had to happen to you so soon. Expensive but valuable lesson.

Reactions: III% Streve
I hope your advise will work !!!

Hi Nikolas

The advise was proper advise.
It may or may not result in a working bird.
It's just a first step.

Nikolas, Any more news on this? Hows the bird looking?

I'm sure all of us are routing for it.

Nikolas, Any more news on this? Hows the bird looking?

I'm sure all of us are routing for it.
Hello guys Just a short update the aftermath of my tragedy:
So the GPS still working
The battery is dead
The rest parts for the moment do not show any sings of life probably also toasted
That's all for the moment

Use distilled water for the rinse. Tap water might have enough minerals for trouble. Distilled is safest. This can work for some things, BUT what kills electronics is I^2*R heating. Basically current flowing where or higher than it's supposed to, and blowing something up. Yep, I'm talking within silicon too, and maybe mostly. Salt water is a good conductor, and your device being powered up, and dunked, could be game over right there. Getting what salt water remains and dries and corrodes is important. I HAVE TO READ THE SALT WATER POST. Do take whatever I said with a grain of salt. LOL
In general, I've struggled with tipovers when not using only the throttle back shutdown. At idle with the thin gear, unless I'm doing it wrong the right rudder, left roll and pitch have enough authority to tip it over before the engines shut down. This and a catch in gusty days is my method. Unless, dual position shut down is working great, it seems like just a way to shut down in the air with nothing gained. But dude, full left roll, full up pitch, and full right "rudder", is one weird *** control input in the air! You must have been really horsing around! And above your take off altitude, don't you have to hold it for 3 seconds?

Yes, it's better if DJI limit the CSC operations below 3 feet if motors are turning.
I'd never be able to shut it off if limited to 3'. Every time I spool up my P2V, the altitude, while on the ground is different than 0. Usually 6 or 7 feet. When I land it is anything from -5 feet to +30 feet while sitting on the ground. The barometer is not a very accurate altitude measure.

I'd never be able to shut it off if limited to 3'. Every time I spool up my P2V, the altitude, while on the ground is different than 0. Usually 6 or 7 feet. When I land it is anything from -5 feet to +30 feet while sitting on the ground. The barometer is not a very accurate altitude measure.
Also depending on the wind and changes in weather, barometric pressure can change quite a bit in 15 minutes.

When landing an airplane with very accurate barometer in instrument conditions you update the barometer setting just before landing. In a precision approach this is given out by the tower or automated reporting system. And even ILS in GA planes have a 200' minimum vertical visibility limit.

Bottom line. It is not unusual for barometric pressure to drop or rise suddenly.

After a fresh water rinse, you can throw it in the oven on low/warm to drive out the remaining moisture. Solder melts around 360F and plastics are fine up to boiling temp.

I had a salt water incident as well. Rinsed it out with the hose and then baked mine at 170F for 2 hours. Works fine now.

4f9qcqD.jpg

Reactions: Reed L
After a fresh water rinse, you can throw it in the oven on low/warm to drive out the remaining moisture. Solder melts around 360F and plastics are fine up to boiling temp.

I had a salt water incident as well. Rinsed it out with the hose and then baked mine at 170F for 2 hours. Works fine now.

4f9qcqD.jpg

The salt is already added so maybe toss on a little pepper to give the taste a little more kick.

Reactions: aka1ceman
When I did mine in the oven, I added a little olive oil before cooking to keep it moist. I also basted every 5 minutes and now she's flying fine. Just make sure you rest it under foil for 20 minutes before flying or the bird will be a bit tough.

Hello Nikolas,

I am very sorry for your loss.

I always wondered if CSC is possible mid-air. Again it is a pity that you found it out the hard way :(

Now I know, my questions is: can you restart the engine also in the air and would it be possible to regain control if you were high enough?

Ps. Prevent writing in caps.

Hello Nikolas,

I am very sorry for your loss.

I always wondered if CSC is possible mid-air. Again it is a pity that you found it out the hard way :(

Now I know, my questions is: can you restart the engine also in the air and would it be possible to regain control if you were high enough?

Ps. Prevent writing in caps.

The engine can restart in the air but will probably not be able to stop the stall and regain altitude. Maybe if the bird was at its max 500m and luck was on your side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31