FAA Violation - Another Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow can the pilot in the airliner see the drone on radar? Or would his collision avoidance detect the drone? Sorry for the newb questions.

Its always going to happen no matter what laws are put in place , just like people speeding , robbing ect
It's like that here in the states with gun laws. The laws only affect law abiding citizens.

The owner of that drone needs to be punished and fined heavily.

Wow can the pilot in the airliner see the drone on radar? Or would his collision avoidance detect the drone? Sorry for the newb questions.

No absolutely not for several reasons.
A) It's a very small racing/FPV UAS. Extremely small radar return if any.
B) Modern RADAR are filtered to not show smaller objects otherwise the screen would be full of birds, trash, MYLAR balloons etc.

I can't even imagine what someone is thinking doing this. Because yeah, drones never go off course or fly away out of control or anything.

Not only do you put everyone else's life at risk, but the drone operators life would pretty much be over if the unthinkable happened and he/she caused a plane full of people to be hurt or killed, not to mention anyone on the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: strange82
Kinna looks fake to me. A drone floating around the sky...and a plane underneath looks like it's doing about 40 MPH.

Looks like someone fairly skilled in piloting a racing drone being a dinglefritz. In my opinion thats where the odd angles come from.

I'll agree with most of the previous posts here:

Idiot.

And it's not just people in the States doing these foolish and dangerous things. About a month ago, some moron was flying over Halifax, Nova Scotia's 'Stanfield International Airport' and was spotted by several pilots. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police were notified and they were able to keep the drone in sight for a period of time before losing it over a forested ridge line.
If the guy knew he was being followed by the RCMP, he just flew over tall trees and landed,perhaps waiting until later to retrieve his drone.

Here, in Canada, if he'd been caught, he'd face a $3,000 fine and confiscation of his aircraft.

For those of us who responsibly fly our quadcopters, these incidents just serve to remind us that the few always ruin things for the many.

:(

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Looks like someone fairly skilled in piloting a racing drone being a dinglefritz. In my opinion thats where the odd angles come from.
That's what I believed when I first saw it. There is less stabilization and it turns fast, keeping the plane in frame.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Yes, this guy is an idiot. Another reason is, he posted it where people can view it. He wants attention and he is going to get plenty of it. It is stated, “that people will grow in knowledge but lack wisdom.” We are there.

Reactions: DR.B
National News says, “FAA is Investigating!!!!! Hope they can find him!

Reactions: ferrete37
Just saw a news story on this and came here too see if it was posted already.
Whether planned or spur of the moment I’m not sure, but either way stupid and idiot don’t begin to explain this pilot...

Reactions: godrocksu
National News says, “FAA is Investigating!!!!! Hope they can find him!

He's not "missing" and they know exactly who he is. The problem is proving it was him (he says it was not him and he "found" the video on a random SD card).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20