FAA Violation - Another Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motorcycle industry in the USA had major problems around 20 years ago with people killing or injuring themselves on 4WHweelers. The government was going to outlaw them. Instead, the Motorcycle Industry required anyone who was going to buy a 4Wheeler take a course and past a safety test first. I submit, that you have to pass your 107 and take License to where ever you are purchasing your drone, and have the dealer register your drone on the spot so that if you do break the law, it makes it easier for the FAA to track you down and charge you with a crime, More work for dealers, and sellers Yes!, More pressure on Manufacturers Yes!, Will some people get away with breaking the law Yes! But to the nonflying public, it looks good, it will catch some bad guys and it will also prevent the random dumb *** that does not want to take the time to study from getting a drone in the 1st place.
This is true in US and I think soon for UK but most other countries don’t have such 107 training/qualification requirements unfortunately.

Longer version.
I wish we’d seen this longer version as the first posting as it is much less likely that any drone could elevate from the ground that quickly to be above a plane even coming into land. The video seems to be continuous. 98% fake for me.

Reactions: Timsboyd
I wish we’d seen this longer version as the first posting as it is much less likely that any drone could elevate from the ground that quickly to be above a plane even coming into land. The video seems to be continuous. 98% fake for me.
Racing drone, cars moving on ground and hiway, "UNITED" on side of aircraft. He launched from the SW parking lot of the "Whitney Ranch Recreation Center". Just 3.43 miles west of the end of the runway. I believe I see his car, dark colored, with a bike rack on it also. LOL Idiot pilot!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Darwin's theory doesn't exist in modern day humanity. If it did, this brainless moron may have succumbed to natural selection long before he had the chance to pull off this stunt.

Potentially hundreds of people's lives at risk because of one idiot, plus millions of responsible drone pilots' futures affected by the regulations that are inevitable as a result of this type of behavior.

I have seen many posts, on this and other forums, from people who complain about being restricted on how they are allowed to use their drones. They just need to read this thread to understand why.

From what I’ve read, the video was posted by a high school student to a Facebook page. If it is as the student indicates, a found video, I’m sympathetic to the student for the grief he is receiving. If he’s the operator of the drone, he’s on the verge of a life lesson that thankfully did not result in injury or fatality.

My initial reaction to the video, this person has done this before to be just in the right spot at just the right time.

My initial reaction to the video, this person has done this before to be just in the right spot at just the right time.

Good point!

You could be right that the person has done this before with his racer drone. He's right on final approach to Las Vegas so he may have been looking for any landing aircraft to capture. It might very well have been planned.

To many co incidences , he flys drones and accidently finds a video ummmm its his me thinks fake or not.

Wow can the pilot in the airliner see the drone on radar? Or would his collision avoidance detect the drone? Sorry for the newb questions.
Weather radar operates on a different frequency to Air Traffic Control (ground based) radar. It is designed to ‘see’ water droplets for example whereas Air Traffic Radar filters that out. Air Traffic Radar and aircraft traffic avoidance systems are heavily transponder dependant as well. Ie the Air Traffic has to be transponder equipped with it on and working.
The primary radar return off a drone, even a fairly big one, would be minuscule and unlikely to show on aircraft weather radar. If it did ‘paint’ it would most likely be a tiny return for a very short moment in the aircraft’s flight. Even low level the jet is probably travelling at around 5 miles a minute or somewhere in that order. That sort of flying is very much ‘on instruments’ as well. So scanning an inappropriate radar or looking out the cockpit window is unlikely to pick anything up until you hit it. A drone up the ‘snout’ of any aircraft or it’s engines in those circumstances would very much spoil your day as a pilot.

This is such a serious hazzard that I bet the FAA will make the efort to identify the the fool and bring down the hamer. From the apparent altitude looks like he was hanging less than 2 miles from the airport approch waiting for a jet to come in.

Not fake. Traffic on ground IS moving. "UNITED" on side of plane.
you are kidding amirite? you think that just because it's a video of a plane that says UNITED on it that it makes this fake [Language Removed] video suddenly a real video taken from a drone? come on bruh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is real, either. The rate of climb is off and the other thing for me is that when it descends right through the wake turbulence of the Frontier A320, the drone seems completely unaffected by it. A two pound drone is going to get knocked around something fierce flying through the wake of an A320!

Reactions: Timsboyd
I don't think it is real, either. The rate of climb is off and the other thing for me is that when it descends right through the wake turbulence of the Frontier A320, the drone seems completely unaffected by it. A two pound drone is going to get knocked around something fierce flying through the wake of an A320!

The FPV was above the wake. Aircraft wake goes downwards and outwards towards the ground. If you've ever taken off in a small aircraft, it's why the tower tells you to "Taxi into position and hold" behind an exiting large body aircraft. Wake goes down and dissipates on the runway and does not climb to affect your takeoff. Staying above the aircraft's flight path and you are safe as with the FV racer in the video.

Go to 1:31 here for explanation:

To me, it appears that he descends through it after. Wake turbulence can be experienced in all phases of flight as we recently saw with the increased separation values of A380s after a number of in-flight upsets of smaller aircraft. About thirty five years ago, wake turbulence from an Air Canada L-1011 on final approach caused a business jet behind it to crash. It ended up in a cemetery and all aboard perished.

The FPV was above the wake. Aircraft wake goes downwards and outwards towards the ground. If you've ever taken off in a small aircraft, it's why the tower tells you to "Taxi into position and hold" behind an exiting large body aircraft. Wake goes down and dissipates on the runway and does not climb to affect your takeoff. Staying above the aircraft's flight path and you are safe as with the FV racer in the video.

Go to 1:31 here for explanation:
LOL that the guy sounds like he's narrating through a pilot headset.

Reactions: why
1% FPV group? Really? I wonder what bottom rocker they fly. Hahaha. Well at least their all gathered up in one place, should make finding them easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4