FAA Violation - Another Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two reasons for this.

Some are unconsciously unaware ... know as stupid.

Some are consciously aware but feel they are above the law and it does’t apply them ... illegal.

Both will lead to a tighter regulatory environment. Too bad.

The motorcycle industry in the USA had major problems around 20 years ago with people killing or injuring themselves on 4WHweelers. The government was going to outlaw them. Instead, the Motorcycle Industry required anyone who was going to buy a 4Wheeler take a course and past a safety test first. I submit, that you have to pass your 107 and take License to where ever you are purchasing your drone, and have the dealer register your drone on the spot so that if you do break the law, it makes it easier for the FAA to track you down and charge you with a crime, More work for dealers, and sellers Yes!, More pressure on Manufacturers Yes!, Will some people get away with breaking the law Yes! But to the nonflying public, it looks good, it will catch some bad guys and it will also prevent the random dumb *** that does not want to take the time to study from getting a drone in the 1st place.

Not trying to be a buzz kill but very few people if anyone can build a quality 4wheeler sitting at their kitchen table in an afternoon.

Reactions: jah_josh
If the video IS a fake, then shame on the news media for making it such a hyped up story making drone pilots look suspicious, and proving their ineptness once again. I hate to use the term, but it would be "fake news" just to hype up viewership and sell commercials, I guess. In my opinion if it was a fake video it was harmful to show it before verifying, as many of their stories are. If fake, they've already put the image in the mind of the public. On the other hand, if real, I hope the guys gets his due for the harm he has done and risk he took.

... I submit, that you have to pass your 107 and take License to where ever you are purchasing your drone, and have the dealer register your drone on the spot so that if you do break the law, it makes it easier for the FAA to track you down and charge you with a crime, More work for dealers, and sellers Yes!, More pressure on Manufacturers Yes!, Will some people get away with breaking the law Yes! But to the nonflying public, it looks good, it will catch some bad guys and it will also prevent the random dumb *** that does not want to take the time to study from getting a drone in the 1st place.

Sounds like NFA and the BS people have to go through to buy a gun. Gun laws have done nothing but made law abiding people jump through hoops to buy one and criminals DON'T HAVE TO BE CHECKED AT ALL (Fifth Amendment, and all) and has done nothing to reduce gun related crime. Same thing with drones. People will get one by other means, ignore the laws and the law abiding will suffer the consequences.

Granted, there is no Constitutional Amendment (here in the United States) to own a drone, but I digress.

I believe It is fake. How did the FAA get the video if they don't know who shot it? Surely he didn't put it on Youturbe.

The motorcycle industry in the USA had major problems around 20 years ago with people killing or injuring themselves on 4WHweelers. The government was going to outlaw them. Instead, the Motorcycle Industry required anyone who was going to buy a 4Wheeler take a course and past a safety test first. I submit, that you have to pass your 107 and take License to where ever you are purchasing your drone, and have the dealer register your drone on the spot so that if you do break the law, it makes it easier for the FAA to track you down and charge you with a crime, More work for dealers, and sellers Yes!, More pressure on Manufacturers Yes!, Will some people get away with breaking the law Yes! But to the nonflying public, it looks good, it will catch some bad guys and it will also prevent the random dumb *** that does not want to take the time to study from getting a drone in the 1st place.
The real issue is not if the video is fake or real but it will inspire copy cat owners to attempt this video, with dire results both to them and potentially an aircraft.
Large commercial aircraft would probably brush a drone aside or ingest it and spit out dust, however if the same stupid flight were attempted over a non controlled airport and a light propeller aircraft hit the drone !!!!

Real, fake, whatever. Doesn't matter. This was pasted all over national news tv the other night and it was real as can be to millions of viewers. If real, the guy's a complete butthole. If fake, the guy's a complete butthole.
Couldn't agree more. People will see that video and immediately place a cloud of negativity over our entire drone industry/hobby. A cloud of negativity that - sadly - already exists in most folks (outside the industry/hobby) eyes.

Personally, when I first saw the video, it really did piss me off. Stupid people doing stupid things. Irresponsible people doing irresponsible things. The really upsetting part of it all......is that so many folks will think it's cool, that rules are meant to be broken, and take a 'what's the big deal' approach to it all.

I'm no expert. Am relatively new to drones. I have my 107. I try - at every turn - to fly responsibly and within the guidelines (whether I agree with them or not) prescribed by the FAA. If real, I would not lose any sleep over the individual responsible for such foolishness being levied a fine that he would be paying for many, many years to come.

Reactions: why
Must be a California thing. We have no such requirement in the free states... :) curious thought as to how this omnipotent government is to control the sale of secondhand equipment and parts? BATF has a pretty big budget and they have no control over that market. I’ve had almost a decade of service and I can tell you that we don’t want to cede more control to our government. The government large and powerful enough to do what you want it to do, is powerful enough to do what IT wants to do..

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Longer version.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Wow can the pilot in the airliner see the drone on radar? Or would his collision avoidance detect the drone? Sorry for the newb questions.

Collision avoidance equipment (TCAS) works, provided the other aircraft is operating a corresponding TCAS system, as well. A small drone, doesn't have enough of a mass to return a radar ping. Commercial pilots of airliners, rely on Air Traffic Control, TCAS, and the Mark I eyeball method to make sure they don't collide with another aircraft. BTW there is no such thing as a "newb question". We are all learning, from each other, every day.Welcome aboard.

Collision avoidance equipment (TCAS) works, provided the other aircraft is operating a corresponding TCAS system, as well. A small drone, doesn't have enough of a mass to return a radar ping. Commercial pilots of airliners, rely on Air Traffic Control, TCAS, and the Mark I eyeball method to make sure they don't collide with another aircraft. BTW there is no such thing as a "newb question". We are all learning, from each other, every day.Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the explanation and the welcome. I have found a lot of helpful people here.

So stupid.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/QUOhTE]

I have to wonder if this video was doctored by the guy who posted it on YouTube. How is the drone still in the sky after a commercial aircraft that big passes under it? Even with that separation, the wake turbulence would be unbelievable.

Sorry friend....outlaws will always be outlaws...punish the innocent with regulations because outlaws exist....Happy Trails...Sky King..

cool but fake af. the plane clearly just pops out of nowhere is not moving for a moment and then begins getting closer. fake fake.
Not fake. Traffic on ground IS moving. "UNITED" on side of plane.

1. BTW, took me 5 mins to identify the place he took off from. He launched from the SW parking lot of the "Whitney Ranch Recreation Center". Just 3.43 miles west of the end of runway. I believe I see his car, dark colored, with a bike rack on it also. LOL Idiot pilot!
    Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 8.35.13 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers