Extreme Lag with Go App 3.0.0

It does not disappear on my case.I mentioned it above.

There are other people too that have the same issue.

It's also unacceptable 1.5.7 and 1.6.8 to work with Go App in a cheap android phone and not with IPhone.

Just saw the thread in DJI forum gee this is gonna be painful you can tell the support folk have practically no clue

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Post it in the Dj forums my friend!I made a video too.
With manual controls it works ok,so the RC is binded correctly.When I hit the auto take-off the problem starts.

Post it in the Dj forums my friend!I made a video too.
With manual controls it works ok,so the RC is binded correctly.When I hit the auto take-off the problem starts.

Yup, that's my exact issue... it's the 2.4ghz link which the app runs on which has the issue. The 5.8ghz controller link seems fine. Although on the weekend after the "autoland" didn't work my bird did a return to home which I couldn't cancel or override with manual controls for 20 scary seconds... (height was set to 50m and it was a windy day above the nearby treeline)

So guys based on some research I did last night - it would appear that with the latest firmware release, DJI has done changes to reduce the range of the CE birds to comply with regulations. According to an email from DJI to a customer, official range has now come in to 300 meters. Whether this is true or not who knows, but they have obviously done something.

So this gives more questions than answers, because according to the documentation, all Phantom's are shipped with FCC config, but then switch to CE depending on the GPS location of the bird. So even with the FCC mod (e.g. Papatitas), perhaps the firmware overrides, which is 1.6.8 seems to be screwing so many people over? Also 1.6.8 for the Phantom 3S is likely the last firmware version to be released (saw that on DJI forums).

In any case I'm still in a bind. 1.5.7 with FCC mod, DJI go app unusable if I wanna actually record video or take pictures. Litchi range is 1/2 that of DJI Go app, but recording works fine. Also had RTH issue with Litchi where it was almost 300m from me and wouldn't RTH.

Getting a bit tired of all this fking around, it's starting to become more trouble than it's worth..

Not Happy!

So guys based on some research I did last night - it would appear that with the latest firmware release, DJI has done changes to reduce the range of the CE birds to comply with regulations. According to an email from DJI to a customer, official range has now come in to 300 meters. Whether this is true or not who knows, but they have obviously done something.

So this gives more questions than answers, because according to the documentation, all Phantom's are shipped with FCC config, but then switch to CE depending on the GPS location of the bird. So even with the FCC mod (e.g. Papatitas), perhaps the firmware overrides, which is 1.6.8 seems to be screwing so many people over? Also 1.6.8 for the Phantom 3S is likely the last firmware version to be released (saw that on DJI forums).

In any case I'm still in a bind. 1.5.7 with FCC mod, DJI go app unusable if I wanna actually record video or take pictures. Litchi range is 1/2 that of DJI Go app, but recording works fine. Also had RTH issue with Litchi where it was almost 300m from me and wouldn't RTH.

Getting a bit tired of all this fking around, it's starting to become more trouble than it's worth..

Not Happy!

What I haven't tried yet is 1.6.8 with FCC mod. Did you give that a go? What were your issues?

Haven't tried yet and to be honest a bit apprehensive. Not even sure it will make a difference as 1.6.8 works to specifically limit the CE range. As I mentioned CE mode is based on GPS location so maybe DJI overrides any mods in that version

I'm sorry but I didn't buy phantom to fly 100-200m.
I would buy a cheap clone.

When I paid 600€,I paid for some specific reasons.
If your thoughts are going to become reality.I'll need to have a word with DJi.

I don't know if i can help anyone with this but I run firmware 1.5.7 and I refuse to update because I don't want to risk the problems i hear with 1.6.8. I fly perfectly with my current version. My phone automatically installed 3.0 and i got this lag problem. followed a downgrade tutorial for apple here: How to downgrade to any DJI GO App version
I am flying happy back on 2.9.2 :)

I don't know if i can help anyone with this but I run firmware 1.5.7 and I refuse to update because I don't want to risk the problems i hear with 1.6.8. I fly perfectly with my current version. My phone automatically installed 3.0 and i got this lag problem. followed a downgrade tutorial for apple here: How to downgrade to any DJI GO App version
I am flying happy back on 2.9.2 :)

Thanks for sharing! I'll try it tonight and let you guys know how it goes...

Can you tell me are you using the FCC mod as well? Are you in CE country? What sort of range are you getting? (assuming your using a P3S)

Thanks for sharing! I'll try it tonight and let you guys know how it goes...

Can you tell me are you using the FCC mod as well? Are you in CE country? What sort of range are you getting? (assuming your using a P3S)

I'm flying in the United States so I am already flying with FCC. I haven't really been following the mod so i don't know if it would have any impact.
I haven't done any official distance test since I still get scared going far even after 20 hours of flight, but my farthest flight was 1500 m and my signal was still great. And yes I have a P3S

I will try it too.....because Dji support emailed me and asked me to send the drone in because it's a drone problem.

I asked them how they came into this conclusion because the drone worked great with 2.9.2

I really don't know what to say.

I will try it too.....because Dji support emailed me and asked me to send the drone in because it's a drone problem.

I asked them how they came into this conclusion because the drone worked great with 2.9.2

I really don't know what to say.

It's definitely not a drone side problem. The app ran just as described on version 3.0 but after I downgraded back to 2.9.2, no problems.

Is it an easy thing to do in the video above?I'm a brand new daddy and no time for reading!

:)

It's not hard if you follow the instructions exactly. A few things are different because the program used in that video is a older version of the program but you should be able to figure it out. I'm not entirely sure but some people say it doesn't work with the latest version of iTunes, I have a few versions old of iTunes with no problems doing this. Maybe try downloading an older iTunes version if it doesn't work.
After you download it, delete DJI Go off your phone and just install the app off your computer onto your phone. Make sure you have auto update turned off.

In doing a roll back today, my range is terrible with 1.6.8 and 3.0.0, 80m tops in built up area
2348efc966481ec97a630c3555cff7a8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In doing a roll back today, my range is terrible with 1.6.8 and 3.0.0, 80m tops in built up area
2348efc966481ec97a630c3555cff7a8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if the firmware or the app killed your range.
Firmware 1.5.7 and app 2.9.2, just went on my farthest flight ever, 2000 meters and still plenty of signal to go farther!
c80e702fd19934dec350edb320925d44.jpg

Reactions: jasonb2909

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik