Extreme Lag with Go App 3.0.0

Like I said earlier I'm not having any issue whatsoever but I have been flying my P3 4K .
After reading some of this I took the Standard out this afternoon and used my 6S on 10.0.02 . AC on 1.5.40
and flew 2 battery's down . Didn't do no long runs but played with the auto take off - perfect .
Took videos and pictures and worked as it always has - flawless and had no issues with lag .
I really can't figure out why some are having issues .
The only thing that I can see is maybe the version of the Go App works for the AC firmware it was made for if that makes sense .
Like if you are using an older version firmware then that's the version of the app you should use .
Other than that I dono .

Like I said earlier I'm not having any issue whatsoever but I have been flying my P3 4K .
After reading some of this I took the Standard out this afternoon and used my 6S on 10.0.02 . AC on 1.5.40
and flew 2 battery's down . Didn't do no long runs but played with the auto take off - perfect .
Took videos and pictures and worked as it always has - flawless and had no issues with lag .
I really can't figure out why some are having issues .
The only thing that I can see is maybe the version of the Go App works for the AC firmware it was made for if that makes sense .
Like if you are using an older version firmware then that's the version of the app you should use .
Other than that I dono .

I'm confused. In your last post you said "latest everything" but here you are saying your bird is running 1.5.40? Latest is 1.6.8. OP and I are running 1.5.7+ to fix the range issues on the Standard which came with 1.6.8. OP has also since updated the firmware with no change to the issue.

Sadly you can't downgrade an iOS app without jailbreaking to my understanding. So we might be stuck with the issue until DJI release a new version fixing the bugs.

DJI seem to not care much about the P3S anymore... we are still waiting for an official fix to the range issues introduced with firmware 1.6.8 and now this bug making their app unusable... :-(

I'm confused. In your last post you said "latest everything" but here you are saying your bird is running 1.5.40? Latest is 1.6.8. OP and I are running 1.5.7+ to fix the range issues on the Standard which came with 1.6.8. OP has also since updated the firmware with no change to the issue.

Sadly you can't downgrade an iOS app without jailbreaking to my understanding. So we might be stuck with the issue until DJI release a new version fixing the bugs.

DJI seem to not care much about the P3S anymore... we are still waiting for an official fix to the range issues introduced with firmware 1.6.8 and now this bug making their app unusable... :-(
Well maybe My standard is behind one . I haven't seen the update flag when I start it up so I just assumed it was up-to-date .
Me gonna go check both birds now just to be sure .crap :)

Well maybe My standard is behind one . I haven't seen the update flag when I start it up so I just assumed it was up-to-date .
Me gonna go check both birds now just to be sure .crap :)

And I might see if I can downgrade to 1.5.4 and see if that works!

Also, whatever you do, don't upgrade your firmware! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Many many users on here (me included) found that the 1.6.8 upgrade (which includes some new encryption) reduced their range to 20-50m before the video cuts out and a RTH message appears. Downgrading to 1.5.7+ using a workaround posted (put the file on the SD card) was the only thing that increased my range back to 200-300m.

OK now I'm confused . Maybe the P3 4k has a different firmware My 4k is on this rebel.PNG Standard on this dixie.PNG I just assumed both were
the same as I always when I see the banner update . My range has not been affected any . Have been flying my 4K more lately and the last long run I made with it was 16,187' The Standard's was 10,300' . I'm just not seeing no issues ..
I will go out in the morning and fly the Standard in my spot I go to check distance and will post back but I bet it will be good .
Now a little ot here but am I mistaken if you don't see that red banner I am up to date on the firmware ?
Also Squinly I have always made it a point to be up to date just to show what I see . The ...ain't broke, don't fix it...has always made me do it ;)
Welcome to the forum :)

OK now I'm confused . Maybe the P3 4k has a different firmware My 4k is on this View attachment 66279 Standard on this View attachment 66280 I just assumed both were
the same as I always when I see the banner update . My range has not been affected any . Have been flying my 4K more lately and the last long run I made with it was 16,187' The Standard's was 10,300' . I'm just not seeing no issues ..
I will go out in the morning and fly the Standard in my spot I go to check distance and will post back but I bet it will be good .
Now a little ot here but am I mistaken if you don't see that red banner I am up to date on the firmware ?
Also Squinly I have always made it a point to be up to date just to show what I see . The ...ain't broke, don't fix it...has always made me do it ;)
Welcome to the forum :)

Interesting!! It's hard to gauge the scale of some of these issues just reading forums but we have a few here experiencing it. Based on your location you'll be using the FCC mode. I believe the range issues were posted by members in CE mode countries (Australia here). I wonder if the app lagging is also for CE users?

Interesting!! It's hard to gauge the scale of some of these issues just reading forums but we have a few here experiencing it. Based on your location you'll be using the FCC mode. I believe the range issues were posted by members in CE mode countries (Australia here). I wonder if the app lagging is also for CE users?
Maybe that's it Squinly . I'm out in the country with little or no noise . And I should also think of the CE differences we have .
Me be forgetful sometimes :rolleyes:

FWIW, I flew two batteries down this evening with no lag problems. P3S ver 1.6.80, DJI Go ver 3.0.0, iOS 10.0.2, iPad mini 2. Interestingly, when I first launched the app after upgrading, it prompted me to update the P3S firmware, claiming the bird had 1.2.40. It also would not display the RC serial number. I shut down and restarted everything and it booted and flew correctly. Fingers crossed.

To my understanding, it seems the issues only occurs when using DJI Go 3.0 with a P3S that is NOT in 1.6.8.

To my understanding, it seems the issues only occurs when using DJI Go 3.0 with a P3S that is NOT in 1.6.8.

I will try to update to 1.6.8 and see if that fixes it. But I suspect then my range issue will return? Unless the "Optimized live streaming performance" fix which was bundled into DJI Go 3.0.0 fixed that. *crosses fingers*

I have no lag on my system:
P3Standard with 4.0 Magic mod
FW 1.6.8
Go app: 3.0
IOS 10 on iPhone 6

Video and auto take off and auto landing without delay.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Mine did it with 1.6.8 too.I see we are a few here...
I was talking all night long with Dji in facebook and they were telling me that I didnt bind the bird to the RC and other "clever" things.
When they asked me if the bird could fire up the motors straight from the RC and I answered yes,they started telling me to hard reset my phone and re-install the app.

Of course nothing happened and I told them I was able to fly before the last update and sent them a print screen that says "connection timeout".

Waiting for an answer.....
Send them some mail you people too...We have to show them that the problem exists.

I haven't updated to 1.6.8 yet... I'm too scared to lose my range which happened the first time I updated. Had a short test flight with Litchi and it seemed fine, auto take off and landing working normally and photos/videos responsive. Switched to DJI Go and same extreme lag stuff happened...

For now I'll leave it with 1.5.7+ and just use Litchi.

Wondering if the problem is limited to CE users. Perhaps FCC is unaffected?

Didn't watch that video but here's another from J Dot here if your interested .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I just got my drone the other week, but have already been playing with all the soft mods and configurations. Just got back from home a couple of test flights and can report the following. I am in Australia, so the drone was CE out of the box.

- Upgraded to 1.6.8 out of the box..signal seemed unstable but did manage to get about 200m range before it turned back. Running DJI Go App 2.8.1
- Downgraded to 1.5.7 and woke in the morning to find my iPhone had auto upgraded to DJI Go 3.0.0. Was pissed I left the stupid auto update settings on. Flying in this config gave me a much more stable signal (to around 350m) but EXTREME lag when trying to switch to video mode. Sometimes it would even crash the app.
- Applied the Papatitas mod to 20dbm (while on 1.5.7). Running DJI Go 3.0.0, got to about 500m range (using stock antenna) but the bird kept freaking out switching to ATTI mode, not sure why - but this freaked me out so got it back to base quick smart. Still the same lag (basically unusable).
- Just reverted back to stock CE transmission config and re-applied the 1.6.8 update. Lag seems like it's gone now but I haven't flown yet - this is just while the craft is idle.

To be honest I don't know WTF they are doing over there at DJI R&D. I don't think they are intentionally trying to screw over Phantom owners, it just seems like some major QA was missed on the release. Also because it doesn't appear to affect all users - perhaps some of us are running different hardware config's (i.e. different chips used on different assembly lines for example) and maybe the software is having a different effect on that.

Oh and I should also add the EXTREME lag extends to telemetry data - not just video. I would stop the drone mid flight and took a good 5 seconds for height and distance data to be updated on the iPhone. FPV image transition was smooth the whole way though.

So it seems like to me at least if I want decent range, I need to downgrade to 1.5.7 and use Litchi (which is gonna cost me an extra $35). I might try the 20dbm mod on this firmware version and see how that goes...unless someone advises against it?

We are gathering up as far as I can see.If I have time I will try to downgrade the app.

Also tomorrow morning I will be having a friend's P3 Pro in order to be sure that its the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31