Extend Transmitter USB Outside of Case

sahair1 said:
I got a couple of these Motorola right angle micro usb extensions from Amazon. It works great!

Totally off topic for this thread, my apologies.

I see that you've filled in the "Phantom" logo on the TX with red and the lines with black. Looks great!!! What kind of paint did you use and what method? I'd love for mine to look like that...

Thanks...
-slinger

AnselA said:
IMHO, DJI should compensate their design fault by supplying suitable extension cable for free!

I doubt they mind that, but they'll have to contend with 'untrained' people doing modifications on the Tx's body which might end up damaging the product.

sahair1 said:
wish I could of used paint but it's just a red and black sharpie markers.

Ah !!! Nice job. You've a steadier hand than I... :D

garygid said:
Good video, thanks.

Suggestion: I
I might try to route the USB cable differently, trying to
avoid the wire going to the transmitter antenna.
One would not like the nearby ground of the USB cable
to suck up any of the energy from the transmitter.

Flew my Phantom today for the first time after adding the usb extension cable into my Tx case. I took it nice and slow as I was worried about possible interference. I can report that I didn't see any change in performance at all much to my relief. I flew it as far as I normally would and sent it up at least 100ft which is plenty far enough for my uses.

urgno said:
LeoS said:
urgno said:
nice find but don't ship to Italy :-(

If you're not in a hurry, I'll ship you one when I get it.
I bought the bundle of 10 pcs heheh
that's would be great, thank you :)

will see if i will be able to cut short the 1mt I have ordered

urgno, how's your cable situation?
I've just received my bag of cables yesterday.. it took much faster than their estimation, apparently :)

LeoS said:
I've just received my bag of cables yesterday.. it took much faster than their estimation, apparently :)
Leo, sorry for late reply :roll:
I'm still wating for the extensions to arrive

EDIT:
received the long extensions :)
will try to shorten one soldering ...

Please don't place me on your "foe" list for asking this, as it is a serious question. Why bother? How many times have any of you ever needed to update the transmitter? One, max? How many times may be needed any time soon? Maybe one. It literally takes 1-2 minutes to take the cover off to access the micro USB port, if and when an update may be needed. Frankly, a cable dangling from the bottom of my transmitter does not appeal to me. I was going to try to "one up" everyone and mount a female micro USB port in the transmitter case and cable it to the internal port. Simple to do, and perhaps even fun, but then I asked myself, WHY?

not just upgrade but also for mode switch and calibration

happened to me that a friend wanted to try my p2v
but he is in mode1 and me in mode2... with external port is 30 seconds work
without is more time and more risk for the internal cables, specially the antenna

Count said:
but then I asked myself, WHY?

Well I did it because when I initially took mine apart I realised how easy it is to damage that aerial cable so I wanted to avoid ever having to do that again. Also, I live in hope that one day I will be able to use the stock transmitter to fly my simulator. I think for any new owners who have never opened their Tx's yet, they might as well make the mod whilst its open.

urgno said:
LeoS said:
Leo, sorry for late reply :roll:
I'm still wating for the extensions to arrive

EDIT:
received the long extensions :)
will try to shorten one soldering ...

Hey, good to hear that!

Do you still want the medium length ones? Pm me your address if you do

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads