Exposure question when doing night photography with the P4P?

Reaction score
I've been doing some long exposure photos at night. Aperture around 4-5.6, Shutter 1-3", and ISO.

What's the max that you can push the ISO on the P4P without getting huge noise issues?

Attachments

• Downtown_Night_Aerials (2 of 5).jpg
    Downtown_Night_Aerials (2 of 5).jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 523
  • Downtown Oktoberfest 2017 HDR.jpg
    Downtown Oktoberfest 2017 HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 438
I've been doing some long exposure photos at night. Aperture around 4-5.6, Shutter 1-3", and ISO.
What's the max that you can push the ISO on the P4P without getting huge noise issues?
The lens on your Phantom has more than enough depth of field at any aperture so you can always open up to f:2.8 to keep the ISO value low.

I recently shot in very low light conditions well before sunrise.
But I was shooting a fast moving subject so I had to use higher ISO values to get an acceptable shutter speed.
Actual conditions were quite a bit darker than the resulting images suggest.
Although the results above ISO 400 show a lot more noise, I was very pleased with the results for the conditions.
Here are some examples:
All shot at f:2.8 (except the last which was f:4.5). This was shot was the previous day and just after sunset - lots more light to work with)

As low as you can get away with on the ISO while maintaining correct exposure (subject movement and wind will limit your max Shutter duration). According to the DXO mark test of the P4P/A camera max usable ISO is somewhere around 400ISO. Actual versus depicted ISO is seemingly lower than displayed in the camera settings with the max ISO being 1600 actual.

Reactions: AyeYo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31