Exchanging Batteries When Puchased Through a Non-DJI Approved Vender

Reaction score
Greetings fellow sUAS airmen,

Question for you. I purchased a couple of batteries from taus784's Ebay Store, and one of the batteries for the Phantom 4 is defective. The seller is pushing quite hard for me to work through DJI's support team, rather than for his store to send off another battery (I get it, he doesn't want a dead battery on his hands).

Has anyone had to exchange a battery through DJI's support team when purchased through a 3rd party? Is there a cost for services rendered, or for repairs? If it's free, I'll work with DJI. If it's not, then this Ebay seller is going to give me another battery!

Here's the seller's latest reply. Notice the lack of complete sentences, and tons of abbreviations. Yes, this was purchased through a US-Based warehouse. I'm having fun!

"thanks for your understanding. but we didnot found pictures,could you pls send it again? and if you contact with DJI,it will be fast and easy,and we also will contact them if they cannot solve this issue,pls do not worry. Could you pls try to contact with DJI support and open a case first?(In general,the case can be opened within 14 days after you receive the drone.)Next,DJI will offer a case number and an instruction shipping label. Then,you can return the battery for exchange.DJI will excange for you in 1 to 2 weeks.Here is the contact ways : Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789 Email: [email protected] Online Support: DJI Support - All Products. Regards!"

Thanks!
- Eric

Eric, if you have never dealt with DJI on anything like this, you are in for a treat! You would be far better off to deal with this guy than even think of using DJI. Even if you were to get one exchanged, it would probably be used and questionable. Also, you cannot trust anything their customer support tells you.
Good luck, let us know how you come out on this.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: ProFPVRacer
It's not worth the hassle. just put in the claim for item received is defective or not as described since it probably was listed as new.
and get your money back.

Pretty sure that I have read on this forum that only authorised DJI resellers in the US will offer and honour a warranty, not sure if the people you purchased the batteries from sit in that category. Classic handball and I have a feeling you are going to be up for a few emails and phone calls to get satisfaction.

What was the sellers Return Policy? When did you purchase? Probably leads back to Slackware's initial thoughts. Return to Sender.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, you have confirmed my suspicions. So long as I place the claim with eBay within the allotted time limit, I have the right to get an equitable exchange, or my money back since it was not shipped and presented as advertised. Either or works for me, but I was simply hoping to get a simple exchange. Apparently that's not the easiest thing to do. It's a shame since the other battery works perfectly fine. Great voltages, doesn't heat up that much when flying or charging, etc. etc...

Most likely, it's probably a burned out chip on the motherboard. I doubt that the battery's cells are completely dead, but they could be. I don't know without a method of easily measuring the voltage without disassembling the unit and voiding the "warranty".

Will keep you guys updated.

- Eric

I had a similar issue, bought 3rd party drone and spare batteries off Amazon and had absolutely no problem exchanging a doa battery through DJI. I found them to be very accomadating. It is they're product after all, and it has 6 months warranty no matter where it was purchased!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik