Every time I clear the SD card, the file name starts back at one

Reaction score
I know on a regular camera it will keep track of the last file name used and increment the number on it's own, but each time I clear the SD card, the next picture I take is 1. Is there a setting I'm missing in my P3P?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You can find that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-File-Index-Mode.jpg

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I know on a regular camera it will keep track of the last file name used and increment the number on it's own, but each time I clear the SD card, the next picture I take is 1. Is there a setting I'm missing in my P3P?
Go to the File Index Mode setting as shown in post#2.
Select the Continuous option if you want the file numbering to continue from where the last flight stopped.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
You might consider renaming the file as soon as it's recorded (e.g DJI_20171024AM_P3P). That saves confusion when you copy/move it to your HD.

OK ... on Android ... need to scroll down in Camera Menu area by :

<MENU>
* settings

scroll down as the option is not shown immediately ...

Nigel

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Mine does the same thing unless when deleting the files I leave the last one. That way it continues where it left off. I'll have to check my settings later and see how it's set but I thought it was on continuous.

I had everything packed away for our return trip. I will take a look and see if I can find the mentioned setting. Thanks for all the responses!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1