ESC error messages

Reaction score
Guys
I have today started receiving the ESC error message which is unfortunate as I was on a job and the drone wouldn't fly :(
Is there a software fix for this or is it a major repair?
I have read about some unofficial software giving good results to solve this but not sure about using non dji stuff
Help please....

I have read about some unofficial software giving good results to solve this but not sure about using non dji stuff
And this software would be??? I have never heard of a software fix for an ESC issue, and quite frankly would not trust it. Unless this is a "Bogus" message.

It was described as a beta version 1.11.30
I would be more than just a little suspicious of that. There have never been "beta" firmware versions to my knowledge, and there are no new firmware versions since 1.11.20 nor will there be as far as I know for the any of the P3's. This sounds very bogus.

So, a major fix then?
Unknown. Is this every flight? For how long? If it occurs only on occassion, it could be a simple tolerance issue. If it is all the time at a particular motor speed, then it could be a real issue.

Can't fly...it won't take off despite repeated restarting etc...same in Litchi and DJIGo

Can't fly...it won't take off despite repeated restarting etc...same in Litchi and DJIGo
Then that is a true hardware issue. Sorry, I missed the "wont fly" portion in your first post. But since you said "wont takeoff" that pretty much answers that.

Guys
I have today started receiving the ESC error message which is unfortunate as I was on a job and the drone wouldn't fly :(
Is there a software fix for this or is it a major repair?
Help please....
It was described as a beta version 1.11.30
Not sure about it myself....
Yes, we know about the FW that DJI had been officially providing to select users who say they saw ESC issues after the update to 1.11.20.
They were providing a tweaked version (1.11.30) on a case by case basis as you can see here:
Firmware v1.11.30 for ESC error??

I don't know if they are still offering it directly to people as they were in the past and as far as I know they never made it widely available. A few people here were a bit irate about it not being posted on the DJI website for everyone.

Some who were given the tweaked FW by DJI directly made it available via a download link on both this forum and also the DJI forum. I archived a copy of 1.11.30 in case I ever needed it in the future, though I don't expect to ever update beyond the older FW versions I use currently. These second hand 1.11.30 FW files may be legit, but since I didn't get them directly from DJI I wont be sharing them here. You can find links in a search of this forum (and others) to download a copy of 1.11.30. The most popular one here seems to be through MediaFire.

Of course, it's a risk to both use it from an unofficial source and also to use it if it will mask a more serious issue with your AC.

Last edited:
Yes, we know about the FW that DJI has been officially providing to select users for the past year or so who say they saw ESC issues after the update to 1.11.20.
They were providing a tweaked version (1.11.30) on a case by case basis as you can see here:
Firmware v1.11.30 for ESC error??

I don't know at all however if they are still offering it directly to people and as far as I know they never made it widely available. A few people here were a bit irate about it not being posted n the DJI website. Some who were given the FW by DJI directly made it available on both this forum and also the DJI forum.

Of course, it's a risk to both use it from an unofficial source and also to use it if it will mask a more serious issue with your AC.
Well thats very interesting. So there actually is a later FW version somewhere out there! That would be useful to have in situations where the current FW is corrupt somehow but it won't rewrite cuz of the same old error message "new FW is the same version or older than the current version, aborted " If anyone has this file please pm a download link.

Clearly I need to speak to dji tomorrow.
Do so at your own risk. If this is an actual hardware issue, the firmware that they "might" provide you would be a patch, to mask possibly a real issue as OSO mentioned. It is a risk, but it is worth it?

Reactions: Oso
I would be more than just a little suspicious of that. There have never been "beta" firmware versions to my knowledge, and there are no new firmware versions since 1.11.20 nor will there be as far as I know for the any of the P3's. This sounds very bogus.
The firmware solution does exist- it can be downloaded here Phantom 3 Pro and Adv Firmware v1.11.30.7z
Many have claimed it did resolve the ESC status issue.

The firmware solution does exist- it can be downloaded here Phantom 3 Pro and Adv Firmware v1.11.30.7z
Thanks yes i did find the download link simply by following the threads you all have shared(sucks being android and with the latest forum update i cant search). I've downloaded it. Dunno if I'll ever use it. But i suppose if someone has a bricked P3 because a fw upate went sideways at least this is worth a shot to revive it as it wont get the error i mentioned above. And then u can go back down if it revives it.

Then at what cost? Risk per Reward? Or ignorance of the fact. Just don't see the risk involved. But, each to their own.

I've been closely following the FW updating (if it aint broke dont fix it) and while i agree with that to a point i haven't seen any hard evidence on any level that its dangerous to do or in any way inhibits flight as none of the changes that do get affected are within legal flying laws anyway, why we shouldnt do FW updates. I update every device i own that can update itself whenever it asks.

Then at what cost? Risk per Reward? Or ignorance of the fact. Just don't see the risk involved. But, each to their own.
Each to their own indeed.

Ignorance to what fact?

The consensus with this issue is that DJI introduced an extended ESC check routine in firmware that grounded a number of P3 owners. DJI later provided certain of those customers with a firmware directly that resolved the issue for them. Yes- the modified firmware was originally supplied by DJI. Just because a firmware caused issues does not necessarily mean the hardware is defective. Would DJI provide a dodgy patch if they expected it was simply a band aid and hardware failure was expected? I’m going to say probably not.

That would be useful to have in situations where the current FW is corrupt somehow but it won't rewrite cuz of the same old error message "new FW is the same version or older than the current version, aborted "
Just an FYI that the regular force reinstall process is also an option in those cases. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl