ESC Error After Prop Guard Install, HELP!

I'd use crimp splices in the field to get flying again but wouln't not consider that a repair.

There's a soldering iron in the photo so I assume you can solder???

If you're afraid to go at the PCB at least solder those connections and use your preferred insulation method.

I'd use crimp splices in the field to get flying again but wouln't not consider that a repair.

There's a soldering iron in the photo so I assume you can solder???

If you're afraid to go at the PCB at least solder those connections and use your preferred insulation method.
If he is a good solderer only. I soldered mine and it was a chore. Had to sand the wires on the motor where I stripped them to get a good solder joint. There is a coating on those wires that make them difficult to solder, even with a good hot iron-- 850 F , and flux. Got it done but it wasn't easy with this wire. I would't recommend it for someone with limited soldering experience or good soldering tools and material.

bobmyers. soldaste wire cable ?? ESC did not have the status mistake ?? excellent today will try to replace solder connectors

Well 7 days after DJI received my P3 its checked in. Only posting this so others now the new wait times...

"Dear XXXX ,

We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.

Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.

Our estimated time of repair is 7-8 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.

DJI Service Center North America

DJI North America"

Well I sent my unit to dji 5 weeks ago and they are replacing the hole unit due to I believe an ESC error. Good to know they stand by their product.

Reactions: bobmyers
I'm in a world of hurt. I just used DJI's old prop guards and found out after the fact the screws were too long. Will DJI still cover this if its a motor or ESC issue? I just submitted a ticket and probably won't hear anything back until Mon. I plan on calling in as well on Mon. Has anyone had experience with this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20