Error message: "IMU Error. Calibrate IMU" What can I do?

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Every time I start my DJI P4, I get the error message "IMU Error. Calibrate IMU" I have calibrated IMU after DJI's descriptions many times, but it does not help. The error message comes every time I start my P4. This message disappears after about 2 minutes and everything looks normal. I have had many tours despite this message. I therefore ask: Is this error message normal at startup and heating the drone?
Screen Shot.png

I am very grateful for a feedback.
I'm sorry for my bad English grammar (Google Translate :))

Regards Paal

Did you do IMU calibration in cold conditions?

Reactions: Norweigan
This appears to be a bug in the GO 4 app that Is wrongly displaying an IMU cal needed when it really means to display the regular “IMU warming up” message. Many of us have seen this,but as long as it disappears after the normal warm up period and says safe to fly,you should be ok.

[QUOTE = "alokbhargava, post: 1232179, medlem: 38561"] Har du gjort IMU-kalibrering under kalde forhold? [/ QUOTE]
Did you do IMU calibration in cold conditions?
I performed the calibration at room temperature around + 18ºC (65ºF). I see that more people recommend putting the drones in the fridge. I discourage this because condensation water can damage the electronics.

Last edited:
This appears to be a bug in the GO 4 app that Is wrongly displaying an IMU cal needed when it really means to display the regular “IMU warming up” message. Many of us have seen this,but as long as it disappears after the normal warm up period and says safe to fly,you should be ok.
That was strange. Why does DJI do not fix this bug? This error has given me some extra gray hair. It's as you write, the error message appears only at that time, as it would normally be that the queue is warming up. Well, I'll have to wait until the next upgrade comes, then they should have fixed this bug. I hope so.

I suspect timing or sequence of checks has been modified so IMU cal check is too early while warming up. Depending the way you calibrated the IMU maybe he takes more time than usual to be ready (some reference calibration values are correlated to temperature). Avoid fridge etc. but rather rush to calibrate IMU as soon as possible right after booting 'cold' craft.

If you've done properly cal just ignore for now until fix available. You did it right asking the question anyway;

Last edited:
Reactions: Norweigan
I also get the "IMU Error. Calibrate IMU" message, but when I look at the sensors it says my GYRO1 is at .050 and there is a red bar all the way accross. When I calibrate, everything looks good, but then I restart and I'm back to square one. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_6056.JPG
    IMG_6056.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_6057.JPG
    IMG_6057.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 445

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads