What is an ACC1 error when trying to calibrate the IMU

Reaction score
I have a brand new refurbished P4, it came on 12/11/17, After turning on the RC and Go, and P4 I get an IMU ERROR Restart Aircraft. Restarting does the same thing. Another window shows I need to recalibrate the IMU. When I go to that screen there is a line that says ACC1 data error. ACC0 has .026 and a yellow bar, Gyro0 is .018 and a yellow bar about 1/3 of the way across, Gyro1 has .004 and a green bar about 1/10 of the bar long. Do I keep flying? or send it back for repair? I'm new to DJI Phantoms. After 2 flights ( in beginner mode even though it's turned off my range is limited) I love the P4. One last thing, I'm trying to calibrate the IMU but it just sits there on step 1/6 for 20 minutes and no change, or further instructsion.

TIA for your help and advice.

That's your accelerometer. and I think you need to return the drone, don't send it back for repair! It's defective, and will never calibrate if one of your accelerometers is malfunctioning. If you send it in for repair, it will take weeks to get it back. If you return it you can get a refund.

Where did you buy it from?

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Call them up and ask them if you can return it at no charge

You can always order another one.

I called Newegg, he said to update the firmware. I'll give it a try. Not holding my breath in hopes it cures the problem. I'll let ya know what happens in a couple days.

If it’s defective out of the box your options are to return for refund or replavement from the retailer. Don’t let them fiddle you around.

I just got a refurbished 2.0 with same problem. Was anything successful? Actually it is the ACCO that reads .01 and says there is a data error

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl