Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Sensor Error -- Please Help

Discussion in 'Standard' started by pamisano, Apr 17, 2018 at 1:59 PM.

1. pamisano

I have looked everywhere for a similar problem and haven't found this exact issue. Every time I turn on my Phantom 3 I get a "Sensor Error, please restart the aircraft" at the top of the DJI Go app. If I check the status screen, everything says normal. If I pull the sticks in/down to attempt to start the motors, I get a "IMU Initiating" message in the DJI Go app. The IMU never initiates. If I check the IMU it doesn't need to be calibrated. If I calibrate the IMU and restart, same problem. If I calibrate the compass and restart, same problem. However, if I pick up the quad and move it about 6 inches to 1 foot in any direction, sometimes it will let me start the motors and take off. Once in the air I haven't experienced any issues, no drift, no fly aways, etc.

I have this problem whether I am at the local baseball field, my back yard, at the lake or in an open field.

I currently have the latest firmware. I have tried every firmware from 1.06.08 to 1.07.94 to 1.09.02.

Anybody else experienced anything like this?

2. PhantomNate3se

Mine did this as well for the first time yesterday,I would say within 5 seconds the message disappeared and I was good to go.
    I decided to do a imu calibration just in case that was the issue,and I have never done one since owning it,again this is the first time I have seen this particular message,very vague! Sensor error? What particular sensor? I should also note that I was taking off from a spot I have many times in the past.
    As a side note after owning this quad for a month I can say I love it BUT I have come to the conclusion it’s a very sensitive piece of equipment! I’ll get random errors one day and none the next all in the same location? My point is I feel a lot of theses error messages can be attributed to this being a very precise model simple as that! And prone to outside influences. Just my 2 cents

3. RunningWithScissors

I want to ask, have you performed any firmware updates recently?