Epic crash - My old P4P in the hands of a rookie - Gone for good

Reaction score
Epic DJI Phantom 4 Drone crash. I gave my old P4P to a friend and he royally crashed it after just a few flights. I guess he was flying in sport mode, which probablt also disabled the sensors, therefore the bird did not see the upcoming building, crashing straight into the Church. Fortunately the Church did not suffer any damage. A word of wisdom: do not fly your drone in sport mode, unless you know what you are doing. It also appears that the video was all glitchy, do who knows what happened before this crash. The SD Card did not keep the video, for some reason, but he was able to download it to his phone and here it is. A truly epic drone crash, quite sad to watch.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
R.I.P. indeed.
Sorry to see a dead Phantom.
Glad nobody was hurt.
At least he was careful about that. I gave that drone to two people at the office before and always explained the basics, such as: check the drone before flying, charge the battery 100%, wait for GPS, never fly in sport mode, always sensors on, at least for a while, etc. Strangely his SD card did not retain the accident. He has everything except that, but his app retained the video. Sending it back to DJI. the P4P had the refresh, but it expired a few days before, which is mainly why I gave it away.

You did a great job on the video, even though I know it hurt seeing it.
And, your editing had a sense of humor thrown in, which makes it a little less painful for you I hope.

Good luck getting back in the air soon.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Painful to watch. Glad it only took out the drone and no damage to the church or by standers. Thanks for sharing with us electriclife.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
You did a great job on the video, even though I know it hurt seeing it.
And, your editing had a sense of humor thrown in, which makes it a little less painful for you I hope.

Good luck getting back in the air soon.

Thanks, humor was the only thing I could think of. I have an Obsidian, this was just a backup that I gave to people to try to get them into drones...Sigh!

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik