End of Life for Phantom

Amazon US has the obsidian colored battery at 169.00. Shows in stock. The white ones are now over 200.00 for DJI brand.

Not sure how well the knock off brands work.

Does seem that DJI has closed the door on P4. But it’s been like that for a while.

Paul C

Are any of the 3rd party batteries reliable at all? I’ve tried to stay away from them. Very leery of them.

OEM DJI batteries are still available, so there's no need to go 3rd party unless you want to use 3rd party batteries.

OEM DJI batteries are still available, so there's no need to go 3rd party unless you want to use 3rd party batteries.

Great. Where?
Even DJI’s store shows as “Backordered”

So I fired one off about, letting us down, business built on discontinued products, etc...response:

Pat (DJI Support)
6月22日 CST23:48

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts towards our support for the Phantom 4 Pro aircraft as well as the availability of its parts on our Online Store. This is definitely not the kind of experience you're expecting here as you're relying on the unit and you need to keep it in the air. Allow me to assist you so we can have this issue resolved.

In regards to your inquiry, currently, the Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight batteries are currently out of stock at our Online Store. What I am going to do here is I will communicate with our Inventory Department to see if we have stocks available at our facility. If you're interested in this route, please provide the following information and we will get back to you accordingly.

1. Complete Shipping Address (No PO Box. Kindly send us your complete shipping address to avoid further issues for shipping):
House/Flat No./Building and floor:
Street:
City/Town:
Province/State:
Postal/Zip code:

2. Quantity of the battery that you'd like to purchase:

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,

Pat
DJI Technical Support

Unexpected. And if this works, encouraging. They still aren’t definitively saying “we are still producing the P4 batteries”, but there’s hope.

Reactions: Jeb418
Phantom 4 batteries will probably be available from DJI (with the occasional shortage) for some time to come, and as suggested earlier even after that point producing/rebuilding batteries will probably became a nice cottage industry for a few vendors.

For the more handy, it appears that the battery can be disassembled non-destructively. There are two small screws on the side that if removed will allow removal of the cap, and from that point there appears to be a path to disassembly (I didn't go further than removing the cap but someone with a dead battery might want to experiment.) If the internal cells are replaced with known high-quality units then the result should be just as reliable as a new battery from DJI. One question might be if there are any internal age/cycle counters (in the electronic control unit in the battery) that would need to be reset.

Reactions: quadrotor
This is a perfect example of planned obsolescence. They want you to buy the mavic 2 or the inspire 2. Because they plan on supporting those drones for a year or 2, then when you have invested thousands of dollars in that drone, they tell you to throw it away and buy the mavic 3 hassle-zoom-a-dongle-sensor 8k drone for 3500 dollars, and guess what! We designed a new flight battery that gets you 1 minute extra flight time!

Reactions: quadrotor
Within the last week I was able to order a P4P battery from the DJI store and was notified it has shipped. So maybe not fully dead yet!

This is a perfect example of planned obsolescence. They want you to buy the mavic 2 or the inspire 2. Because they plan on supporting those drones for a year or 2, then when you have invested thousands of dollars in that drone, they tell you to throw it away and buy the mavic 3 hassle-zoom-a-dongle-sensor 8k drone for 3500 dollars, and guess what! We designed a new flight battery that gets you 1 minute extra flight time!
Don't buy the Mavic 2. If you wait until 2020, there will be a new generation of drones with ADS-B installed.

Don't buy the Mavic 2. If you wait until 2020, there will be a new generation of drones with ADS-B installed.
Yeah, literally the only reason I would buy the mavic 2 is so I could use moment's anamorphic filter on it. But I don't have 1500 dollars laying around, so I'm sticking with my Phantom 4.

Reactions: Ansia

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor