End of Life for Phantom

Reaction score
We all know the Phantom series has stopped production. Today I realized replacement batteries are no longer available from DJI or B&H. Problem is I’ve had several of these batteries swell and have had to get rid of them. I no longer have enough to make it worth it to continuing flying the P4P. Now with no replacement P4P should it be needed nor replacement batteries, this platform is dying much faster than I thought. I’ve used the P4P for mapping given the mechanical shutter. MP2 just can’t provide the same quality for that purpose. I guess MP2 is quickly becoming the only option - for now. What are folks doing to deal with the P4P end?

I don't think replacement batteries are going away any time soon. They seem to be low in stock at the moment, so those who have them are charging a premium. That's the usual for any DJI accessories that are low in stock.

When batterys are actually finally not really available ... then the answer is to open and replace cells - I am sure by then someone will post up on YT the reset trick for the board counter !

I know if my P3P can no longer get batterys - that is what I will do. Why ditch a perfectly good model for sake of a LiPo cell ?

Reactions: Shoot4fun
We all know the Phantom series has stopped production. Today I realized replacement batteries are no longer available from DJI or B&H. Problem is I’ve had several of these batteries swell and have had to get rid of them. I no longer have enough to make it worth it to continuing flying the P4P. Now with no replacement P4P should it be needed nor replacement batteries, this platform is dying much faster than I thought. I’ve used the P4P for mapping given the mechanical shutter. MP2 just can’t provide the same quality for that purpose. I guess MP2 is quickly becoming the only option - for now. What are folks doing to deal with the P4P end?

Check this out. If they really have them I wonder how old are they?

If color not a problem. I have bought here before and got great service.

Last edited:
Amazon has 3P3 batteries for close to $160. Knock-offs for a little less than half of that. Gonna savor the ones I have, won't buy the knock-offs.

Amazon has 3P3 batteries for close to $160. Knock-offs for a little less than half of that. Gonna savor the ones I have, won't buy the knock-offs.

So what are you going to do when OEM are finally not available ?

Even when DJI stops making batteries, I'm sure 3rd parties will continue to make them until people no longer want to buy them.

Reactions: Deezbs
Thanks. It’s the kind of thing that makes you question if these products can be used to build a business around. Could just as easily happen to the Inspire. That’s not a sustainable business model and now definitely questioning the purpose and viability of DJI as a reliable, long-term supplier. Bottom line don’t build your business around volatile tech companies and products that can come and go overnight.

Reactions: Phantom_Al
Running into this issue as well. Needed another battery. Best Buy, nope, Amazon and eBay, knock offs or market cornered pricing. Sadly saved to purchase best product on the market at the time and now, basically forced to Inspire or M....c
[emoji53]

I wonder how old these would be. I doubt many people shop Home Depot for DJI products but they sell them and claim to have the batteries for $169.00? Go figure

DJI Phantom 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery-P4P Part 64 - The Home Depot

IMG_0794.jpg

Sorry to report my windfall, but I just obtained 4 new batteries from a private sale. Should I use them and sync their charge count to my current stock (12) or keep the charges at 0 and just store them. By storing them I mean constantly keeping them at 30% charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic