Effects of Landing Gear add ons for Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
Im really new at this But one thing I have experienced is instability on landings my P3 Pro. I thought that some kind of lightweight extensions to the landing gear might be a good idea. I shopped the hell on these and there are a plethora of options including Floats. The YT videos of some Home Made efforts were ok But most were very dated.

I would appreciate the opinions and experiences of the community on this topic

Reactions: JoBe
Hi Thanks for your response, I saw and ordered these on speculation. I have been trying a variety of home made ideas some of which I am embarrassed to post. I felt that the weight is a big consideration and simplicity for the ease of quick on and off. Screw it here's a few pics. They might give everyone a chuckle.

Attachments

• 20191224_183200.jpg
    20191224_183200.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 263
  • 20191222_172304.jpg
    20191222_172304.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 262
Reactions: KachemakDiver
I use these also. I like the extra distance they give btw the camera and the ground/grass and I think they help me see the orientation of the AC better when its several hundred feet away. Not sure how much 'shock absorbing' effect they have added, but they do reduce my anxiety when landing....

The biggest mistake some new Drone flyers make while bringing the craft down for landing, is descending Too Slowly. Because of the wild vortices created by the prop's down wash. These prop winds disturb the air below the drone causing it to wallow, tilt and possibly crash.

When the drone is within 2 feet of landing, bring it down deliberately with a moderate descent rate.

Try this, bring the drone down to 8 feet above ground, then click the Auto Land button, and observe how the DJI software descends to a landing. HTHs, Bill

Reactions: Brad Neill
I've been using the same ones as Fly Dawg for 4 years, much softer landing as I only land on my wood landing pad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic