Dual Battery Mod

Check this out as well
6600mAh Stealth Battery Mod ... (27.5 minute flight times)

Hope you figure a workaround!

Thanks Luap. A while ago I asked if anyone had pulled the battery out of a P3 smart-battery and tried running a standard lipo. What you have shown me, clearly addresses that. I wasn't aware of DJI's past in regard to locking down batteries. Up to now I figured I was dealing with a battery manager, done by a company that was, well... shall we say capable of making life difficult for the consumer(?) Those links you gave me leave no doubt :) They will be helpful.

Guys it going to happen , with enough demand , Midwest Horizon will handle the P3 Power mods V3 , you can send in your lipos pairs or buy new ones modded.,, Its official , Will Horizon UK
Awesome! Do you have a date by which it will be available, to send our Lipos into them?? I'm ready yesterday! :)

i think you will find midwest Horizon will be carrying out these mods to those who want it at a fair price I developed it and have allowed them to share the mod in the USA.,
Thanks for your understanding and innovation! Can't wait! :cool:

we have decided to let the USA dealership carry out these Power mods , only to let you guys in the USA have access to this mod . Noting But Nothing is coming back to us in the UK i can assure you .so it not the money rolling in as you think , we have given this to the USA dealer , its down to Midwest Horizon to price it at a fair rate . this development from Horizon in the UK has passed this the USA, so you guy can enjoy the longer flights.
Thank you! Thank you! :):):)

Thank you! Thank you! :):):)
Gadget you know me I've tried every battery mod out there this is the best 1 I've ever used 35 - 36 minute flights it's actually gives me better flight time then my Matrice 100 did. The lipos match the main battery so well mah for mAh even under 10% there's no lipo drop out it pulls all the way down. I know I'm going to get another one.

Gadget you know me I've tried every battery mod out there this is the best 1 I've ever used 35 - 36 minute flights it's actually gives me better flight time then my Matrice 100 did. The lipos match the main battery so well mah for mAh even under 10% there's no lipo drop out it pulls all the way down. I know I'm going to get another one.
Indeed, I do, and you have! You are our hero! :) Your validation of the mod makes it a no brainer. Glad Will has generously allowed Midwest Horizon to perform his mod for us at a comparable price to the Europeans sending in their own batteries! I'll likely have two sets made up as well from my extra new P3 batteries! Mine are ready to go! :D

Reactions: UnknownCaller
Indeed, I do, and you have! You are our hero! :) Your validation of the mod makes it a no brainer. Glad Will has generously allowed Midwest Horizon to perform his mod for us at a comparable price to the Europeans sending in their own batteries! I'll likely have two sets made up as well from my extra new P3 batteries! Mine are ready to go! :D
Thanks gadget but you or anybody can get 9 miles with the p3 it's all about the setup. 20160301_193954.jpg

Attachments

• 20160301_194015.jpg
    20160301_194015.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 340
  • 20160301_194350.jpg
    20160301_194350.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 340
Thanks gadget but you or anybody can get 9 miles with the p3 it's all about the setup. View attachment 45637
That some shots of my brackets I know most of you have these and if you want to continue to use them if you modify like mine you can run the power mod and your normal battery mod very easily. Or you can install the rails that horizon send you.

That some shots of my brackets I know most of you have these and if you want to continue to use them if you modify like mine you can run the power mod and your normal battery mod very easily. Or you can install the rails that horizon send you.
That's what the power mod looks like on my modified RC brackets they fit snug with just the strap no need 4 zip tie

Attachments

• 20160301_195502.jpg
    20160301_195502.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 20160301_195426.jpg
    20160301_195426.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 393
  • 20160301_195436.jpg
    20160301_195436.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 20160301_195522.jpg
    20160301_195522.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 340
Can someone post a pic on where they soldered to the smart board? I can open the battery easily enough but cannot figure where to solder to the board and still get the case back on.

Awesome!
Where did you get these new P3P battery plate brackets?
I need some of them!

Can someone post a pic on where they soldered to the smart board? I can open the battery easily enough but cannot figure where to solder to the board and still get the case back on.

Is there an easy way to get the top off the battery without breaking tabs?

Thanks gadget but you or anybody can get 9 miles with the p3 it's all about the setup. View attachment 45637
Which aircraft firmware version are you running! 1.1.9?
Which version of the DJI GO app?
Are you staying in P-GPS, or switching to ATTI?
What are your thoughts on the P4?
Did you preorder one to complete your fleet?

Upon closer reading, have you modified Paul's P2 battery plates to cut them into these shapes, or did you buy them as displayed?

I expand the top case with a screwdriver and slide a little piece of plastic under each tab as I go around the case, by the last tab it pulls right off

Sweet. Hopefully someone chimes in on your question but I think most people are soldering on the B+ and B- points. But don't take my word for it.

Which aircraft firmware version are you running! 1.1.9?
Which version of the DJI GO app?
Are you staying in P-GPS, or switching to ATTI?
What are your thoughts on the P4?
Did you preorder one to complete your fleet?

I really think firmware 1.19 has been the best so for ...imo
the day I bought my p3p back in june 2015 , I kept the same
firmware and turned all updates off and fly in airplane mode,
making sure nothing gets into the bird, DJI GO APP, and the
radio.
As far as the new p4..... well, my p3p flys higher, longer and
distance is 8 plus miles, why buy the p4.

Kevin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94