Dual Battery Mod

I really think firmware 1.19 has been the best so for ...imo
the day I bought my p3p back in june 2015 , I kept the same
firmware and turned all updates off and fly in airplane mode,
making sure nothing gets into the bird, DJI GO APP, and the
radio.
As far as the new p4..... well, my p3p flys higher, longer and
distance is 8 plus miles, why buy the p4.

Kevin
I'll let you know. Should be here shortly after March 15th! However, there appears to be some confusion about the P4 height limitations. They are, in fact, identical to those on the P3: 200m below, and 500m above the launch point. I have one P3P on 1.1.9. and two on 1.4.3. No 1.5+ for me either!

Thanks for your understanding and innovation! Can't wait! :cool:

Not only will Midwest Horizon provide these set but the price will be good , we have re-priced at £75 in the uk and thats around $104 in the USA , the user them supplied the lipo sets , its not worth messing with these guys , get it all done at Midwest for you, we have done all the work and development enjoy.....

Will
HFPV UK

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Not only will Midwest Horizon provide these set but the price will be good , we have re-priced at £75 in the uk and thats around $104 in the USA , the user them supplied the lipo sets , its not worth messing with these guys , get it all done at Midwest for you, we have done all the work and development enjoy.....

Will
HFPV UK

Thanks Will, please let us know when you know when this will happen, maybe a link to the US website that offers the deal for the US?

I have worked on this over a year ago and can completely bypass the DJi battery module , like do a 30 minute flight ( With 3rd party lipos ) and return with 90 % battery , we did this over a year ago , hover time was 48 mins..... Will Horizon FPV UK

for now settle for the P3 Power mod V3, we give you this extended time that is measurable .....

OK, thanks for the response - appreciate it. I have recently learned about DJI's history related to locking down their own batteries, etc... I didn't know the battery manager might be managing stuff like that, as well....

For the heck of it, I have a couple of aftermarket smart-batteries coming in that I am going to take apart. These manufacturers, presumably, would have had to design their own battery manager to drive the P3. I doubt that they would be spending the resources DJI does to lock their device to any particular battery. They would have enough of a challenge staying compatible with the bird. Well, that is my thought, anyway, and may represent some relief here.

I will order your product, btw when it is off back-order. I like the way the batteries are held.

Won $300 on super bowl pool so that means my battery mod expenses were covered... And now I must do an antenna mod. [emoji3]Torn between the fpvlr or dbs. It seems boosters aren't even necessary with fpvlr. Can anyone chime in with real world experience? I'd like max range for distance runs but also don't want it to be super directional. I'm waiting on Zeiss VR One for FPV flying and I think it would be really hard to fly FPV if I need to keep the r/c aimed at the bird all the time. Still breaking in the nanotech 1600s and will be ordering some LiHV batteries tonight as well.
Hey how are your hyperions holding up as far as puffing goes..

Will
HFPV UK
Will, you are a prince among men, a real mensch! :cool:
Now for the Million Dollar Question...
Can you make this same mod for the P4, using the new P4 batteries, and also share it with Midwest Horizon?
You had to know that was coming, right?;)

Paul will make them for you like that he's the one that showed me that first I have since then modified a couple extra sets.
Thank you! Paul's the best! Are you using the 3.0A Sunhans, or the 2.5A Sunhans on the RC mod? Did you manage to get 1.1.9 on your replacement P3? Which version of DJI GO are you running, and is that on iOS or Android?

Thank you! Paul's the best! Are you using the 3.0A Sunhans, or the 2.5A Sunhans on the RC mod? Did you manage to get 1.1.9 on your replacement P3? Which version of DJI GO are you running, and is that on iOS or Android?
I'm actually running 1.32 I just now put boosters back on my controller I run the 3000 milliwatt boosters but there's no difference between them and the 2500 the only reason I have the 3000 MW is the fact that they're black matches my bracket and antenna

I'm actually running 1.32 I just now put boosters back on my controller I run the 3000 milliwatt boosters but there's no difference between them and the 2500 the only reason I have the 3000 MW is the fact that they're black matches my bracket and antenna
So is 1.32 the optimal firmware for your flights? I think there might be a slight video range benefit to the 3.0W booster from my limited testing of each. They are certainly lighter and smaller. Which platform (iOS or Android) and which DJI GO version? Did you get the 323A version with the new motors, before they further crippled the video range in the 323B version? Lastly, with no birdside video mod, how far out are you, before you lose video, which is unnecessary for your purposes? Really appreciate the insights. You are the Master! :cool: Feel free to PM me, if you prefer.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak