Dual Battery Mod

Nice thread. I got the p4p modded with a split 5200 lihv mah battery. Worth every penny.
ce74d51c0a2626e03ff5910860f8dd9c.jpg

Reactions: rulppa
68% battery at 22min of fly its great ...its that the bigger pro battery on the P4?

The P4 its more efficient because the glossy finish thats all :) , im going to clear coat the P3 to prove it ....lol

Couldn't wait to test the new battery so I taped on some toe warmers, yes toe warmers, to the external batteries and took it out in 20deg Fahrenheit....weird flight though, at 23% remaining and 31min into the flight the low voltage came up and started auto landing...It caught me by surprise and good thing i was only a little over 4000ft away and i was able to bring it back...After checking the voltage the DJI battery was 13.4V with a high cell of 3.39V and the low at 3.29V...the external had13.39V remaining with the high cell at 3.49V and low cell 3.35V...one thing i noticed was the toe warmer on the high cell wasn't warm like the rest and was a dud...I did mess around with the FW a little on the voltages and this may be the result of that but this isn't the first flight after i did that and it hasn't done this before......I guess we'll see what happens next time...And yes i did say toe warmers...

68% battery at 22min of fly its great ...its that the bigger pro battery on the P4?

The P4 its more efficient because the glossy finish thats all :) , im going to clear coat the P3 to prove it ....lol

Hey, I was only at 11 minutes of flight but I was at 23700 feet/ 4.5 miles away and still had 68% of battery left. I do have the p4p with the 5800 mah battery but I did the external battery mod and added a split 5200 lihv battery. I think the p3 can go further than the p4 though if it had the mod.

Reactions: Digdat0
Reactions: Strat
I'm new to doing a battery mod, but from my reading the 5200 seems to be the most common. And the 6600 or 8000 as a max, but 10000 that's too much. Personal I went small with a 3400, which I know is on the low end, buts that's all I need.
Yes! I agree with you^^

Hey anyone know where I can find a set of carbon fiber battery wings for my P3S? I can't find these things anywhere?!

I didn't have any luck in the classifieds here but i did win this today.. now to buy a battery to mod it with. :D

@Digdat0 any tips opening the shell?
yes! i wish i were at home .. take a screw driver on the side under the tab on each side, then use a mallet (or hammer) and pop the end off. Prochargd97 showed me this method, I'll see if i can find a video. its super easy. From there, you will need to break apart the shell with brute force, or get out a dremmel and cut it. Be careful not to cut into one of the cells. Thats a heck of a deal man, that smart board is totally worth that!

Reactions: tml4191 and Strat
yes! i wish i were at home .. take a screw driver on the side under the tab on each side, then use a mallet (or hammer) and pop the end off. Prochargd97 showed me this method, I'll see if i can find a video. its super easy. From there, you will need to break apart the shell with brute force, or get out a dremmel and cut it. Be careful not to cut into one of the cells. Thats a heck of a deal man, that smart board is totally worth that!

If you can find that video please post it but seen some users opening the P2 batt's which look similar until you need to crack open the shell.

That battery auction was a ripper deal, was watching 2 bidders outbid each other all week by $1 or $2 then i snipped them at the end. :D

Been a good eBay week, scored a phantom 3 adv today which is pretty much as new condition for $400US

Reactions: G Tek Fab
alright, credit to prochargd97 for this technique, I think he sent me a vid originally but i coudn't find it, so i made one real quick. basically take two small flathead screwdrivers, one each under the big tabs on the sides of the battery, hold and smack the end with something hard/heavy and it will pop off.

Reactions: chazz
^^^^ Good to hear, that's the set up I'll be trying next week!

Then I'll inch my way up to longer flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164