Dual Battery Mod

Flight time with the brand new 3 virgin batteries came in at 23 min. When their broken in, surely they will be better. The Hyperion 2400s will most definitely carry me further than the virgin nano tech 1600s
Yeh I would expect you would be pushing around 28mins with the Hyperions.

I am amazed myself that these new motors have so much more perforamnce (and are they cool as well)!
I think I'm going to buy an advanced and sell off all the extra parts I don't need. That seems like the cheapest way to go after looking at all the prices.

Ok alrite, now where do I get hold of them bad boy 2800 Hyperions?

I live in the UK so need them before Christmas as flying out of the country before then and want them for my holiday flying.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Ok alrite, now where do I get hold of them bad boy 2800 Hyperions?

I live in the UK so need them before Christmas as flying out of the country before then and want them for my holiday flying.
Google them there's a UK dealer. Or order at lindinger.at from Austria.

Reactions: D4T_PoM

3Mins difference from the old to the new motors on the 2400 while running so much cooler.That is really surprising results I would never of thought there would be such a margin.....thx for the spreadsheet Fredz
Actually one Q Fredz no that it would make much difference weight wise but did you have they flytrex on for either of these birds?

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
New personal best on the Nano tech 1600s. Still waiting the arrival of the Hyperion 2400 x2 60c.

Even still though.... The nano techs are not even broken in yet. This was flight # 2. Flew her in at 4%.... [emoji83]

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448922857.944697.jpg

That s correct 3s for the p2 as the p2's battery is 11.1v
Set a new pb today 8.066km/5miles lost signal on the DBS after I turned to head home reached about the limit of the DBS antenna/mod but boosters are on the way.Still landed with plenty of juice left in the 1300's.
I wonder if any one else that has a battery mod has noticed there smart battery running 20c cooler :)
Way cooler! The battery mod is likely prolonging the battery life of the stock battery, by keeping it cooler at all times!:cool:

Picked up my Hyperions today spoke with the head guy he said best result are received after two to three cycles cant wait to try them out. G6 Hi-Voltage 2400mAh 4S 80Cmax LiPo
So... 2400 mAH times 2 equals 4800mAH plus the p3p 4480mAH equals 9280mAH.
Why not just eliminate the p3p battery and use two HV60C5200S4 with DJI battery top? Or am I missing something here?? I don't know the weight of the p3p battery, but the Hyperion 5200mAH weigh in at 466gms each, or 932grms total.
Two 2800mAH weigh in at 516grms. Two 2400mAH weigh in at 406grms. So.. the p3p battery has to weigh what....365grms

Last edited:
P3 battery is 365 grams only.. highly efficient power/weight ratio of 12.27 mah per gram vs 11.15 mah/g for hyperion 5200 mah..So no need to replace.

Way cooler! The battery mod is likely prolonging the battery life of the stock battery, by keeping it cooler at all times!:cool:

Yea but you don't get something for nothing. There's a trade-off in there somewhere.

Yea but you don't get something for nothing. There's a trade-off in there somewhere.
Well, it's not something for "nothing"! The external battery mod to a new stock battery costs $250 which includes the new $150 battery. My two MaxAmp 2800 mAH batteries, weighting 248g each, are $85 each, and their charger costs another $65. Total "nothing" investment for the full battery mod is actually just under $500, after having already invested $450-$850 in the transmitter mod to increase the Tx range to 7 miles. Catastrophic battery failure of the internal battery is now backed up by the two external batteries, for more safety. The real trade-off for the extra 10 minures of flight time might be premature wear on the motors, to which you may be alluding. However, if you assume a destination 5 minutes away that requires 15 minutes of video coverage, with the mod, you can accomplish the flight mission in a single 25 minute flight, instead of three 15 minute stock flights, so there is less total time on the motors, and the internal battery. Where the real benefit occurs is in choosing a location that is a 10 minute flight away, that requires 5 minutes of exploration. You can't even reach it and immediately return with the stock battery flight time of 15 minutes. If your flight radius goes from 3 miles to 5 miles, it opens up a whole new world. If you just want to go straight out and back, even a 7 mile radius is now possible! The transmitter mod and the charger are never lost if the P3P goes down. Extra modded batteries are also not lost. Worst case, you lose the aircraft and a modded internal battery and the externals. With a backup P3P, you are ready to fly again on your backup modded internal battery with extra externals. Still cheaper than an Inspire 1. It's also much easier to deploy and transport than an Inspire 1. Lastly, it's a lot safer to hand-catch and hand-launch than an Inspire 1!:cool:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4