Dual Battery Mod

Any reason to want to keep the old motors and board, once you have replaced them with the new ones?
Yes, unless u get a great discount you keep em for if you burn up a ESC . Then you wont have spend $$$

Any reason to want to keep the old motors and board, once you have replaced them with the new ones?
No need to keep them unless you want to have backup motors and a board. My bird has 1.8 million ft on it so I'm happy to switch them out. The shell is in perfect conditions too.

No need to keep them unless you want to have backup motors and a board. My bird has 1.8 million ft on it so I'm happy to switch them out. The shell is in perfect conditions too.
I have 1.7 million feet on mine, and feel the same way. Adds a margin of safety by starting with new motors.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I have 1.7 million feet on mine, and feel the same way. Adds a margin of safety by starting with new motors.
I definitely agree !! I especially like how much cooler they run too. Plus we are running extra lipos so i think it will be good to have the new motors . It certainly won't hurt. Unless my shell gets cracks lol buy hopefully I got a good shell , it's lasted this long.

I definitely agree !! I especially like how much cooler they run too. Plus we are running extra lipos so i think it will be good to have the new motors . It certainly won't hurt. Unless my shell gets cracks lol buy hopefully I got a good shell , it's lasted this long.
I just started running extra lipos about 2 months ago, so it's also reassuring that if I ever lose the original bird, its new P3P replacement will be a substantial upgrade. Almost encourages pushing the limits to have an excuse to buy the new one!:D

By switching them out changing the whole main board are you essentially starting over with those numbers or is there a main controller that you keep on the new board from the old board that essentially still makes it your old Phantom

By switching them out changing the whole main board are you essentially starting over with those numbers or is there a main controller that you keep on the new board from the old board that essentially still makes it your old Phantom
I'm not sure about that. I would assume it's kind of like a car . The odometer stays the same even after new motor is put in it. That's a good question though .

Hey guys I just wanted to tell everyone that still has their drones on 1.32 or earlier DO NOT UPDATE to 1.41 or later if you want to go for records in PGPS mode. To make it fly straight in high winds they cap your top speed to 35 mph don't matter if you have a 20 mph tailwind. If you plan on flying ATT mode you can break 40 miles per hour no problem but you lose flight time. I made this mistake I just don't want to see anybody else to do it that doesn't have to.

Reactions: Rocket_Aus
I'm not sure about that. I would assume it's kind of like a car . The odometer stays the same even after new motor is put in it. That's a good question though .
Unless there is component on the old mainboard that they switch to fhe new board(like a flight controller) it seems that you would lose your "odometer" or worse if the new board is used start over with someome elses miles

Hey guys I just wanted to tell everyone that still has their drones on 1.32 or earlier DO NOT UPDATE to 1.41 or later if you want to go for records in PGPS mode. To make it fly straight in high winds they cap your top speed to 35 mph don't matter if you have a 20 mph tailwind. If you plan on flying ATT mode you can break 40 miles per hour no problem but you lose flight time. I made this mistake I just don't want to see anybody else to do it that doesn't have to.
I just flew a flight and had a top speed of 38mph. I'm on the newest firmware.

I lost 5 - 10 miles per hour top end on mine it became useless for long range stuff. I was 8 miles out and when I should have been going over 40 miles an hour I was stuck at 35 or 36 miles an hour. It literally locked it in. Never broke 36 miles an hour after the update weird I ended up sending the drone back to Amazon. I'm glad it didn't affect everybody but I'll never update mine again.

I lost 5 - 10 miles per hour top end on mine it became useless for long range stuff. I was 8 miles out and when I should have been going over 40 miles an hour I was stuck at 35 or 36 miles an hour. It literally locked it in. Never broke 36 miles an hour after the update weird I ended up sending the drone back to Amazon. I'm glad it didn't affect everybody but I'll never update mine again.
Thanks for the heads up! Strange! Fortunately, I haven't yet updated mine.
Just curious: Why do you lose flight time going over 40mph in ATTI mode, if flying downwind in a tailwind? Isn't that like coasting behind a big rig in their wind shadow to improve mpg?

If im not mistaken, unknown doesnt fly atti. And also where as one day in like conditions it went 40 it could lock 36 from 3-4 mph undetectable wind difference at 300'. How many runs did you give it before sending it back

If im not mistaken, unknown doesnt fly atti. And also where as one day in like conditions it went 40 it could lock 36 from 3-4 mph undetectable wind difference at 300'. How many runs did you give it before sending it back
Also, with a minor wind direction change, a headwind on the way out could easily change into a crosswind on the return, instead of a predicted tail wind. UnknownCaller was specifically referring to ATTI flying above, in my question about that statement. At least the speed throttling correction for wind drift only affects P-GPS and doesn't affect ATTI flying, but the loss of flying time in ATTI counters that benefit. Throttling max speed is a lousy solution to the wind drift issue, if that is confirmed ! :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! Strange! Fortunately, I haven't yet updated mine.
Just curious: Why do you lose flight time going over 40mph in ATTI mode, if flying downwind in a tailwind? Isn't that like coasting behind a big rig in their wind shadow to improve mpg?
You lose flight time in ATT as opposed to GPS mode. I get over 32 minutes flight time in GPS mode I could do about 28 in ATT mode I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. A shift in wind conditions could explain maybe one flight but this happened 5-6 times I always fly into the wind on my first leg. I have done it so much I can tell about how fast I am going to go on the way back by my flight out. If I am running 25 or 26 mph on the way out I am going to be pushing 40 on the way back. After that firmware upgrade 35 was the best I could do

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94