Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Re: New video Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

FPV col said:
iDrone. said:
As soon as another company will start to make a gimbal for PV for a more reasonable price, Dronexpert will drop the price.

You may be in for a long wait for an alternative Gimbal for your PV as there is only one other possible and that is still under development... I wouldn't be to sure Dronexpert will automatically drop the price.. What is a reasonable price for stable raw footage ?

I could almost hear the Chinese manufacturing plants firing up there copying machine once this gimbal is shipped, two months later they'll be all over alibaba, hobbyking, infinity hobby, goodlucksell, eBay etc

I also have a funny feeling that the pricing was held back until after the jan 7th announcement just incase it was a 2 axis gimbal for the vision, if dji had of release a PV-2axis gimbal for say $300 I bet the dronexpert one would have been cheaper!!

It might also be wise to hold off on this one until some real world reviews are made, it would be a shame to see this come out like the zenmuse H3-2D did (with its motors issues)

My DroneExpert gimbal arrived yesterday.

I managed to fly it tonight for the first time. LOVE IT. But I think I may have incorrectly connected the pan up/down as I have little or no control via the app.

No instructions arrived with the gimbal module. It is pretty straight forward, and I am not an RC nut.

The gimbals do exactly as demonstrated. If I fix this control problem tonight, I will fly down the Surf Coast here in Australia at sunrise tomorrow and upload a clip.

IAP said:

I managed to fly it tonight for the first time. LOVE IT. But I think I may have incorrectly connected the pan up/down as I have little or no control via the app.

No instructions arrived with the gimbal module. It is pretty straight forward, and I am not an RC nut.

The gimbals do exactly as demonstrated. If I fix this control problem tonight, I will fly down the Surf Coast here in Australia at sunrise tomorrow and upload a clip.

Awesome!

Looking forward to the test footage and your impression after using it some more. Btw how many cables connects to it and where to? Did you need to open the phantom's body shell?

Any pictures of the installation and cabling?

IAP your the fist person I've heard to receiver their gimbal. Any pics of anything would be great. What do they do with the transmitter for the 7th channel? Do you install the lever? Be prepared to asked tons of questions, ha ha.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

LeoS said:
IAP said:

Awesome!

Looking forward to the test footage and your impression after using it some more. Btw how many cables connects to it and where to? Did you need to open the phantom's body shell?

Any pictures of the installation and cabling?

Only two cables... One from servo and the camera cable, no need to open the body.. Its a simple instal :)

shaun27 said:
[

I have just got this off there facebook page

Thank you. Flying for the footage is indeed a bit 'wild', we did it on purpose to give a good impression what the gimbal does. We had the tilt angle on -20 to 90 degree (also to give a good view). Standard we set this to 0 to 90 degree and than you will not see the probs anymore. So you can adjust it as you like. We compared this also with gopro H3/Zenmuse with this gimbal, with GoPro on 0 degree you have more props in view than the the vision gimbal. The last shot is the GoPro/zenmuse on 0 degree.

Put in context, this was their reply to my question (comment) asking about seeing the props a lot in the video they posted

IAP said:

In reply to me about delivery, they asked would i rather have mine shipped this week OR WAIT FOR THE 7TH CHANNEL STUFF TO BE READY? Were you not given this option? Do you have the level on the rear of the tx?

edited to add: heres the exact email from Monday 13/01/14

"The gimbals itself are ready for shipping for the first batch.
Were waiting for a incoming shipment to make the 7th channel complete (we want to deliver it complete with lever and all parts).
As soon this shipment is arrived we directly will start shipping the first batch. Some gimbals without 7th channel already are sended. If you cannot wait anymore, please note that gimbals without 7th channel are ready for shipping. But i recommend to wait a bit longer for this very nice (free) feature. Were almost there!

FPV col said:
Only two cables... One from servo and the camera cable, no need to open the body.. Its a simple instal :)

So, the 3 colored ribbon cable that goes to the top of the camera? It goes to the gimbal first now?
Does it also use the white cable too (looks like a mini-RCA/headphone jack)?

What about their claim that you can control camera pitch with your remote (the hole in the back of your transmitter, above the FCC/CE frequency switcher)

LeoS said:
FPV col said:

So, the 3 colored ribbon cable that goes to the top of the camera? It goes to the gimbal first now?
Does it also use the white cable too (looks like a mini-RCA/headphone jack)?

What about their claim that you can control camera pitch with your remote (the hole in the back of your transmitter, above the FCC/CE frequency switcher)

LeoS, I have not taken delivery of mine as I am waiting for the 7th channel.. I am only going by what I've seen on the promotion clips and from a few questions answered by Dronexpert... It will be easy to install and setup :)

Studiowise said:
IAP said:

In reply to me about delivery, they asked would i rather have mine shipped this week OR WAIT FOR THE 7TH CHANNEL STUFF TO BE READY? Were you not given this option? Do you have the level on the rear of the tx?

Were waiting for a incoming shipment to make the 7th channel complete (we want to deliver it complete with lever and all parts).
As soon this shipment is arrived we directly will start shipping the first batch. Some gimbals without 7th channel already are sended. If you cannot wait anymore, please note that gimbals without 7th channel are ready for shipping. But i recommend to wait a bit longer for this very nice (free) feature. Were almost there!

I am going away on vacation soon and I wanted it for the trip, they offered me the 7th channel option but would have delayed the shipment. As I had the app control, I was happy just to go with that.

Hope to have some vision to upload in 12hours of posting this to the forum.

Studiowise said:
IAP said:

Yep I received the same email and I'm also waiting for the 7th channel option.. If anyone has taken delivery at this time it is without this option, I was offered an immediate dispatch without or wait a short time for extra option, I'm waiting :D

Blimey its all starting to get a bit exciting now :lol: Its like waiting for the oscars to be announced, who is going to be the first to post some piccys and video :ugeek:

Shrimpfarmer said:
Blimey its all starting to get a bit exciting now :lol: Its like waiting for the oscars to be announced, who is going to be the first to post some piccys and video :ugeek:

:lol:

iDrone. said:
Studiowise said:
You're right Shrimpfarmer. Having had a gopro3 hanging under my Vision for a while, I've created a takeoff box with a hole cut out of it. With hand catching on landing it works fine so I plan to use this when my gimbal arrives.

Any pics to share ?

I don't have one of my final launchbox (get it) just the prototype cardboard one I used to prove the takeoff method worked OK
Also here are a few with the GP3B mounted for front and facedown capture.
NOTE: I attach the GoPro the other way round when using the Vison camera on full tilt otherwise it could catch the rear data cable on the GoPro J mount.

Attachments

• 100-SW140111_LR-1958.jpg
    100-SW140111_LR-1958.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 101-SW140111_LR-1959.jpg
    101-SW140111_LR-1959.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 102-SW140111_LR-1961.jpg
    102-SW140111_LR-1961.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 345

FPV col said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

:lol:
Ha! i'm scanning all the forums and Facebook pages wondering who's going to reinforce / decimate my purchase decision!

Wow expensive, i bought my p2, zenmuse, avl58,7inch monitor,from heliguy.com for under £900, i already owned my gopro, as i take it scuba diving etc, alot of questions about seeing the props etc, on a gopro this isnt a problem, you can narrow the fov to medium for straight down shots that might see the landing skids etc, 2 other points to consider, you can take a gopro anywhere 60m scuba dives, rock climbing, skydiving, and the vision will still have crippled range for FPV and control, just saying lads i would have a long think about whether its worth the investment, surely selling and going to the p2 makes more sense !

shortyuk said:
Wow expensive, i bought my p2, zenmuse, avl58,7inch monitor,from heliguy.com for under £900, i already owned my gopro, as i take it scuba diving etc, alot of questions about seeing the props etc, on a gopro this isnt a problem, you can narrow the fov to medium for straight down shots that might see the landing skids etc, 2 other points to consider, you can take a gopro anywhere 60m scuba dives, rock climbing, skydiving, and the vision will still have crippled range for FPV and control, just saying lads i would have a long think about whether its worth the investment, surely selling and going to the p2 makes more sense !

(I have vision and a GP3B)
Changing the FOV looses you pixels, you are just using a cropped area of the sensor so it's best to not have them in shot if possible.
If I was just buzzing around shooting video then yes, FPV and a P2 would be great - I may still buy one to have in the stable.
BUT what the P2 & gimbal GoPro boys forget is the app control that comes with the Vision.
I am a photographer first and videographer for fun. How do I frame the shot whilst alter the camera settings (exposure compensation / single shot / multi / RAW-JPG etc) with your setup?

Studiowise said:
iDrone. said:
Studiowise said:
You're right Shrimpfarmer. Having had a gopro3 hanging under my Vision for a while, I've created a takeoff box with a hole cut out of it. With hand catching on landing it works fine so I plan to use this when my gimbal arrives.

Any pics to share ?

I don't have one of my final launchbox (get it) just the prototype cardboard one I used to prove the takeoff method worked OK
Also here are a few with the GP3B mounted for front and facedown capture.
NOTE: I attach the GoPro the other way round when using the Vison camera on full tilt otherwise it could catch the rear data cable on the GoPro J mount.

There's posh..... I use 2 bricks......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers