Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Reaction score
Re: New video Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Very cool. Price reminds me of the Zenmuse of old (as of 2 months ago). Seems to be the natural progression for DJI's next update. Will be interesting to see their solution. In the meantime, this is a great add-on.

dronesetc said:
Very cool. Price reminds me of the Zenmuse of old (as of 2 months ago). Seems to be the natural progression for DJI's next update. Will be interesting to see their solution. In the meantime, this is a great add-on.

it's ironic that DJI has a gimbal and a camera, but hasn't put the two together!
(maybe that's what they'll be announcing in a few weeks?, we'll see)

Nice, thanks for posting this Geert, it looks even better than that last video of it.

$800 THAT is crazy. I bought the Vision and have been back and forth on sending it back and getting the P2 adding everything but keep thinking about the cost. The $1300 I paid is about what I can afford at the moment but really feeling the need for the gimbal. I could see maybe another $250 but no way I would shell out $800 for this.

Tilt function is awesome at the back.

Somebody know if it is true you can see the props in your video when you have the Phantom ll with zenmuse/Gopro?

Can´t wait for the first reviews from owners. It looks like they thought about every detail.
Although it seems to be a very good product, i hope they will lower price.

Geert said:
Expensive for sure, let's hope the price will drop.

It's so not worth it. Rotorpixel is coming out with their own 2 axis gimbal that is likely to be in a much more realistic price range. I still would not be so sure about it. If you really want a 2 axis gimbal setup it may be best just getting a Phantom 2 with zenmuse combo for $869 and adding your own fpv setup and GoPro Hero+ Black.

@BenDronePilot

But for some of us it is worth it because we use the Vision app to control the camera settings. How do I do that with the setup you suggested? I have a gopro3B bolted to mine already but I have to anticipate the results I want to achieve before I set off.
All I wanted was what I've already got but with the option to have smoother video and this ticks all the boxes. I could have waited for the Rotorpixel one but you know what's it's like, there would then be a rumour of an imminent DJI's own one and then a 'Swedish one' Etc Etc

Placed my order today. Not that it's a huge difference from the $800 price speculated in this thread, but actual cost to US is $658.00. Basically an impulse buy. Just too impatient to wait for the competition and believe that stability is key for those of us who simply want to point and shoot or point and record. I'm not into editing and production.

I'm new to this and never flew the P1, and therefore have no experience with the 2 axis gimbal. I am very impressed with the stock Vision, but suspect that this this will improve the experience significantly. I'll let you know what I think and hope I don't regret the purchase.

btw, the contributors to this forum have made my experience significantly better. I appreciate all the input.

mem_ny said:
Placed my order today. Not that it's a huge difference from the $800 price speculated in this thread, but actual cost to US is $658.00. Basically an impulse buy. Just too impatient to wait for the competition and believe that stability is key for those of us who simply want to point and shoot or point and record. I'm not into editing and production.

I'm new to this and never flew the P1, and therefore have no experience with the 2 axis gimbal. I am very impressed with the stock Vision, but suspect that this this will improve the experience significantly. I'll let you know what I think and hope I don't regret the purchase.

btw, the contributors to this forum have made my experience significantly better. I appreciate all the input.

And, in turn, we'll all appreciate your input as you work through installing and utilizing this new gimbal... that we've all been watching closely....

Geert said:
Received email from Dronexpert.
They will start shipping end of next week.

Nice Congrats, looking forward to a review

I've made my first video using all vision footage, even with post stabilization in adobe using prodad Mercalli, the footage is still bumpy, a lot smother then it was, but the next purchase will be a gimbal. However I'm waiting for the price to drop down :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRx1NuIpFv4

it was incredible windy on each day I flew the pv2, almost to the point i didn't want to fly it, however, once in the air in performed tremendously holding it position well, except for the tilted horizon being an issue. When i take photos in high wind i generally fly with the wind to get a flat horizon, obviously same result can be archived with altitude hold mode.

I'm new to video editing and self taught, and have a lot to learn. thanks for the advice on DE-interlacing I was wondering why this combing effect occurred and now can hopefully fix it in future videos.

stenno said:
it was incredible windy on each day I flew the pv2, almost to the point i didn't want to fly it, however, once in the air in performed tremendously holding it position well, except for the tilted horizon being an issue. When i take photos in high wind i generally fly with the wind to get a flat horizon, obviously same result can be archived with altitude hold mode.

I'm new to video editing and self taught, and have a lot to learn. thanks for the advice on DE-interlacing I was wondering why this combing effect occurred and now can hopefully fix it in future videos.

i hate forum police but this thread is about the Dronexpert gimbal not "have a look at my non gimbal video" and "how to shoot better footage" there is a thread already for posting your efforts - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3767

i have a Dronexpert gimbal on order, saw this thread had some new posts and got all excited about a possible update :lol:

have just been on drone expert site its showing £344. 00 or 415 euro with case and 7th channel yes I would like one but I think I will wait to see if the price comes down or I win the lotto which ever comes first.

if you think about it if you have got the phantom 2 vision but you don't have a Gopro or gimbal would this not been the best way to go money wise if its as good as they make out.

studiowise keep everyone up to date would like to see some vids of it action

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31