Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Re: New video Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Depends what you want out of your PV I'm ready to take mine to the next level, now hurry up postman and deliver my Gimbal :D

shaun27 said:
have just been on drone expert site its showing £344. 00 or 415 euro with case and 7th channel yes I would like one but I think I will wait to see if the price comes down or I win the lotto which ever comes first.

if you think about it if you have got the phantom 2 vision but you don't have a Gopro or gimbal would this not been the best way to go money wise if its as good as they make out.

studiowise keep everyone up to date would like to see some vids of it action

Just to clarify, after Euro/GBP conversion, mine was £405 delivered.
I have no doubt myself and others will be keen to post our findings (in the right post!).

This looks like a dandy upgrade, with great stabilization potential. However, for that price, I think I would also like to have zoom capabilities and a microphone.

Studiowise said:
i hate forum police but this thread is about the Dronexpert gimbal not "have a look at my non gimbal video" and "how to shoot better footage" there is a thread already for posting your efforts - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3767

i have a Dronexpert gimbal on order, saw this thread had some new posts and got all excited about a possible update :lol:

if you hate it so much then why do it, the post of the video was to show others that even with a high end post stabilization program the result is still quite bumpy, and the tilted horizon is also and issue. Until making that video and trying the stabilization process i was under the impression that a gimbal would be unnecessary, but obviously this footage has changed my mind, and i await the first reviews of the new gimbal, even might be changing my mind that the price is worth it.
Since someone gave me some good advice (not that i had asked) i thought it worthwhile thanking them despite what this forum post was about. The slight side track topic was over and done until you started carrying on about it, pull ya head in.

Going forward has anyone put any though into using the cheaper gimbals for the previous phantoms on the pv2 and using the 7th channel for tilt and ignoring the app, sound like a cheap option too the dronexpert gimbal, until rotorpixel or some other company makes a cheaper alternative. (there is another topic for this on the index board, but wish to see what people interested in the dronexpert gimabl think, would the cheaper ones even stack up to the dronexpert)

7th channel doesn't work out of the box for the Vision. Dronexpert.nl have done something/found something that gets it working whilst preserving the app tilt function. Once the early adopters get their gimbals from Holland hopefully they'll give us a clue as to how they've done it - and that might open up all sorts of possibilities for using other gimbals. I'm really intrigued, as their website is still saying "no need to open the Vision aircraft to install" so they've got some magic trick up their sleeves with the 7th channel tilt!

Pull_up

check out the post , he says while turning the potentiometer in the naza-m mode it changes the values on the assistant

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5973

if this is the case, then i would have to assume it would work. I don't have my PV2 with me for another week and cant try it for my self .

from what I know it seems impossible to not open the aircraft to get the 7th channel to work. Cant wait to hear the trick/ review when someone finally gets the gimbal !!

I tested out the tilt control 7e channel in NAZA mode. When I turned the pot on the back of the Transmitter I saw it change in Phantom 2 Assistant when hooked up to the PC via USB. This means the 7e channel is being sent over the 5.8Ghz control link. I have a funny feeling that the servo cable underneath the P2V camera is hooked into the NAZA and we can get tilt control from the cable directly. We may not even need to open up the P2V. This would be great because then we may be able to use other types of gimbals also besides the ZenMuse (Tarot, Dronexpert, RotorPixel, Arris CM-2000, GoodLuckBuy etc...)

I'm kinda shocked that someone hasn't released a more reasonable 2 axis gimbal by now. I would have thought there would at least be two out there... I'm really hoping DJI gets their *** in gear and makes one as an accessory for a reasonable price.

ZonComGMZ said:
I tested out the tilt control 7e channel in NAZA mode. When I turned the pot on the back of the Transmitter I saw it change in Phantom 2 Assistant when hooked up to the PC via USB. This means the 7e channel is being sent over the 5.8Ghz control link. I have a funny feeling that the servo cable underneath the P2V camera is hooked into the NAZA and we can get tilt control from the cable directly. We may not even need to open up the P2V. This would be great because then we may be able to use other types of gimbals also besides the ZenMuse (Tarot, Dronexpert, RotorPixel, Arris CM-2000, GoodLuckBuy etc...)

Yes, your funny feeling is right :)

You remove the cable from the servo and use that one. I thought it was already known. But how to use it with the transmitter, i don´t know, that is a big question.

Scottrod said:
I'm kinda shocked that someone hasn't released a more reasonable 2 axis gimbal by now. I would have thought there would at least be two out there... I'm really hoping DJI gets their *** in gear and makes one as an accessory for a reasonable price.

Good point

stenno said:
I've made my first video using all vision footage, even with post stabilization in adobe using prodad Mercalli, the footage is still bumpy, a lot smother then it was, but the next purchase will be a gimbal. However I'm waiting for the price to drop down :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRx1NuIpFv4

I enjoyed your film and boy you have good stick control flying that thing. I never realised they could keep up with something moving that fast let alone overtake it.

stenno said:
Studiowise said:
i hate forum police but this thread is about the Dronexpert gimbal not "have a look at my non gimbal video" and "how to shoot better footage" there is a thread already for posting your efforts - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3767

i have a Dronexpert gimbal on order, saw this thread had some new posts and got all excited about a possible update :lol:

if you hate it so much then why do it, the post of the video was to show others that even with a high end post stabilization program the result is still quite bumpy, and the tilted horizon is also and issue. Until making that video and trying the stabilization process i was under the impression that a gimbal would be unnecessary, but obviously this footage has changed my mind, and i await the first reviews of the new gimbal, even might be changing my mind that the price is worth it.
Since someone gave me some good advice (not that i had asked) i thought it worthwhile thanking them despite what this forum post was about. The slight side track topic was over and done until you started carrying on about it, pull ya head in.

Going forward has anyone put any though into using the cheaper gimbals for the previous phantoms on the pv2 and using the 7th channel for tilt and ignoring the app, sound like a cheap option too the dronexpert gimbal, until rotorpixel or some other company makes a cheaper alternative. (there is another topic for this on the index board, but wish to see what people interested in the dronexpert gimabl think, would the cheaper ones even stack up to the dronexpert)

you're right, without your video, none of us would have any concept on what bumpy, unstabilised video footage looks like. if everyone else wanting to consider this gimbal could also post their bumpy videos, im sure that will help the thread flow nicely.
(* pulls head in WTFTM)

Anyone know if this gimble will suffer from the props being visible in forward flight or the landing legs? I am really hoping that we don't see that.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Anyone know if this gimble will suffer from the props being visible in forward flight or the landing legs? I am really hoping that we don't see that.

We'll know soon enough. Camera seems to sit lower than stock position so that props should not be visible. Also, no legs or props appear in their introductory youtube video.

They've announced an instructional video on their product and install. Should be posted very soon, prior to anyone's receipt of the gimbal.

I decided to take the plunge and order one. Yes, it was really **** expensive way more then it should be. However, doing image stabilization in post wasn't yielding the quality of results I desired.

I can get it solid but I end up having to crop the edges which lowers the quality.

I asked about delivery times and they said 2 - 3 weeks because I am in the US. I ordered it like last week, so hoping I still get shipped int he first batch. At the price it was, I can't expect them to have sold a ton of them.

Really looking forward to it.

My main concern for mine (when it arrives) will be whether the design is flawed due to the possible destabilising effect the downdraft will have on the flat surface now present between the support legs.
Only time will tell.

studiowise,

I've also ordered one. I don't think downdraft will be an issue. They've already used this "platform" technology on other accessories for P1. You can probably finds reviews on their P1 products.

I can only hope we're investing in a good product.

Studiowise said:
stenno said:
Studiowise said:
i hate forum police but this thread is about the Dronexpert gimbal not "have a look at my non gimbal video" and "how to shoot better footage" there is a thread already for posting your efforts - http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3767

you're right, without your video, none of us would have any concept on what bumpy, unstabilised video footage looks like. if everyone else wanting to consider this gimbal could also post their bumpy videos, im sure that will help the thread flow nicely.
(* pulls head in WTFTM)

Personally didn't mind the video. Was helpful for me also, simply because the weather here is horrible, and this video showed me exactly what I should expect from my lightly used setup.

Anyhow, this little spat is meaningless. I just want to see a review on the DronExpert gimbal...

Then this thread will mean something!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic