Drones are annoying

I agree that the garbage trucks, sirens, neighbors' fireworks, motorcycles at high RPM, etc., are way more bothersome... My neighbor's $@#%^^ DOG is WAY more annoying (it barks at air, and it's technically illegal to shoot that, too). If I had a neighbor with a 'copter, I'd probably seek him out, introduce myself, and suggest we go somewhere new and play with our toys.

whatever happened to that stealth helicopter that flew over Bin Laden's house? heheh i look forward to the day where we see props spinning but zero noise coming out.
here's a Dyson hair dryer that supposedly spin sooo fast, it's supersonic and out of the range of human ears detection. i cant vouce for it cause i prolly cant afford 1
The Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer – Features
GOOD GAWD!!!! $400 for a fricken hair dryer?!?!?!?!? i use my $2 towel and save a little in the process!!!!

I think basketball hoops in neighborhoods should be banned, I think loud Harleys should be banned(i'm a biker myself), atv is banned but people still ride around the neighborhood, I think leggins, pajamas and belly shirts should be banned in Wal-Mart, on some!!!!

...and Crocs and Tofu. In a list like that, you can't leave out Crocs and Tofu!

Reactions: Zuzua
I fly regularly over an island hosting 300 cottages. I used to have a cottage there 40 years ago but sold 25 years ago. I made my first flight in early spring when nobody could get to it because the lake was still full of ice and I made sure to capture video of the shoreline on the back side of the island so that cottagers would be able to see if the ice had damaged their breakwaters or property (which is always a concern as the ice goes out). I also flew cross-cross over the island at about 120 feet and got most of the cottages on the video - then I posted it on FaceBook and shared it to a group run by the Cottagers Association that all 300 owners were a member of - and I received a vast, virtually unanimous wave of approval and gratitude! Not a single negative comment and through re-shares and multiple viewings, the community of 300 cottagers generated over 2700 views in less than 48 hours!

Since then, I've flown over and around the island about 3-5 times per month including capturing some pretty terrific sunrise and sunset stills. The Phantom videos I've posted have generated a couple dozen new friend requests, a request to record some video at their annual regatta, a request to video a wedding that will be held on a raft later this summer and unending waves of approval, thanks and encouragement to "keep them coming"!

I even used my DroneDeploy free trial to generate a 3D interactive map of 1/3 of the island which was also a big hit. There's a nearby island with 50 more cottages on it that I've shared with as well and I've been receiving messages from them asking when I'm going to come shoot their island! I did make the trip - but only once - that second island is 4.1 km from the mainland where I launched from and I could hardly see the Phantom at that distance! ;)

I mention all of this because I was amazed to receive such unanimous approval. I expected that in a community that size, there would be at least a couple of people that would have had privacy concerns or just plain not want me flying there - but there weren't....and this was a community of strangers when I made my first flight - several of which have now become friends!

I thought it would be nice to share a positive story as a contrast to all the negative ones we hear about.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj