Drones are annoying

personally i don't get anoyynoed to see another drone fly by me! Though i do try to steer away from people when i fly!

Reactions: NC Drone
I know what you're thinking "what?!? How dare him!" Bare with me....

I've been asking myself this question recently: If I didn't own a drone, would I be annoyed if I routinely saw one buzzing around my neighborhood, flying over my lake filming boats and seemingly "always being around" when it's a nice day or when I'm outside relaxing with my family on a nice evening?

After some thought and self reflection, I've come to the conclusion that yes, I would be annoyed. Drones are annoying. They are cool to fly but if I'm not flying it, I don't want one buzzing around me, over my house, or orbiting near me and my wife/kids on the boat.

I suspect if others were honest with themselves they would come to the same conclusion.

Here's the thing, I'm not a big drone film adventurer who packs up my P3 and heads out to capture scenic views of whatever. So, I tend to fly where it's convenient, near my house. I imagine a lot of other folks on here do too.

After the novelty of seeing "one of those drone thingys" buzzing around, I suspect a majority of people in my neighborhood and on my lake are probably sick and tired of seeing/hearing it by now. Nobody has ever said anything or complained but I am beginning to get a little self conscious about flying it more than a few times a month.

My Phantom flying around once or twice a week is no worse then my neighbors dog (a Beagle) barking a 11:30 at night or 5:30 every morning. This dog does not bark, it screams like someone is cutting his paws off or something.

My Phantannoying ying around once or twice a week is no worse then my neighbors dog (a Beagle) barking a 11:30 at night or 5:30 every morning. This dog does not bark, it screams like someone is cutting his paws off or something.
I hear ya. Cute dogs but the howling they do is very annoying. Sounds like they are being slaughtered. Years back my neighbor had a beagle that would do this outside my bedroom window at 3am.

Never had anyone complain . . . yet, but then I try to be considerate. I was at a large playground the other day, with only one family, so i stayed in my own area and didn't go near anyone. As the family was leaving, the dad looked over at me and . . . gave me the . . . thumbs up. Most people are genuinely interested, so i try to give them drone 101. Even let one person fly it. He was on cloud nine afterwards.

Never had anyone complain . . . yet, but then I try to be considerate. I was at a large playground the other day, with only one family, so i stayed in my own area and didn't go near anyone. As the family was leaving, the dad looked over at me and . . . gave me the . . . thumbs up. Most people are genuinely interested, so i try to give them drone 101. Even let one person fly it. He was on cloud nine afterwards.
yep 99 percent of people don't care and like them and are amazed then its that 1 percent that think they own the world and want to complain

Reactions: NC Drone
I own a P3P and fly it almost daily. With that being said, yes they are annoying. The last thing I want to see while hiking, is some clown flying his drone all over the place. I always fly away from people when possible and do what I can to avoid crowded areas

I own a P3P and fly it almost daily. With that being said, yes they are annoying. The last thing I want to see while hiking, is some clown flying his drone all over the place. I always fly away from people when possible and do what I can to avoid crowded areas
that's like saying if I'm flying my drone don't want to see some clown hiking all around the place

Reactions: Zuzua
I have to agree with this statement. Everyone is ok if what you do agrees with their plans. Otherwise, you're a jerk.
yep you said it right monte

I have to agree with this statement. Everyone is ok if what you do agrees with their plans. Otherwise, you're a jerk.
You misinterpreted my comment. By their very nature, drones are invasive. My point is, a bit of discretion should be used when flying and not buzzing around everyone.

You misinterpreted my comment. By their very nature, drones are invasive. My point is, a bit of discretion should be used when flying and not buzzing around everyone.
Don't believe I did. Joggers don't want bikers on their path and bikers don't want joggers in their way. Drones are not invasive unless buzzing just above your head. People need to respect the others space and get along. We all have different interests. Many seem to think what they are doing at the time is the only important thing and all others are jerks. I drive on roads and get behind a line of bicyclist . So I just wait until I can pass safely . I also let deer, duck, turtles cross the road without interference from me. I actually help some of them. Just be patient and share the space.

Don't believe I did. Joggers don't want bikers on their path and bikers don't want joggers in their way. Drones are not invasive unless buzzing just above your head. People need to respect the others space and get along. We all have different interests. Many seem to think what they are doing at the time is the only important thing and all others are jerks. I drive on roads and get behind a line of bicyclist . So I just wait until I can pass safely . I also let deer, duck, turtles cross the road without interference from me. I actually help some of them. Just be patient and share the space.
+1

this drone bothers me
upload_2016-6-13_16-1-48.png

I can answer this question as someone who just bought his first drone 2 days ago. Prior to 2 days ago I didn't give them much thought. A couple times I'd be somewhere and see one flying around and I would think, wow thats pretty cool. Then move onto something else. Now that I own one I think they are freakin awesome! But I would guess most people don't care one way or another.

Reactions: flpholt
Liking the dialogue here. Several posts are internet gold. Lmfao

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: curiosity
whatever happened to that stealth helicopter that flew over Bin Laden's house? heheh i look forward to the day where we see props spinning but zero noise coming out.
here's a Dyson hair dryer that supposedly spin sooo fast, it's supersonic and out of the range of human ears detection. i cant vouce for it cause i prolly cant afford 1
http://www.dyson.com/haircare/supersonic/features.aspx

I'd been researching drones over the past week. I was ecstatic and had a Phantom 3 kit picked out and was ready to pull the trigger. But decided not to and abandon altogether. My original plan was to take it with me on a 2 week trip to Maine, we'll be in Acadia for several days.But recently I read that drones are not permitted on federal lands including National Forests, National Parks, National Seashores, etc. State Parks generally not too fond either. As a matter of fact, just about every person I've mentioned it to finds them annoying and a complete invasion of privacy. Flying them in public would likely provoke people and draw dirty looks. Not to mention the lack of places actually available to fly given the FAA's 5 mile rule. Even if I could find a remote cornfield somewhere, it would get boring real fast filming corn.Given public reaction and regulations I think this dream is dead.

I don't generally care what other people think about me. If it's legal, do what ya want! People find lots of things annoying, but I still do them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1