Drones and wild life

Reaction score
Has anybody had much experience with their drones encountering wildlife. I really have a time with deer in my garden. I had one threatening my wife when she tried to chase it away with a broomstick. She called me when I was in Croatia and said she was 10 feet from it and it won't leave. I told her to get back in the house. How do deer respond to drones? And I'm not harassing wildlife! These lawn rat eat everything around my house. They have cost me lots of money. I know it not a solution, but I might get a few good pic's. How about drone vs. bear?

Welcome to the Forum!

Deer...
Hum?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cell Phone

Rod

No offense but who's the outsider here... you or the deer? I've not even search but I'm betting there are probably at least 100 better ways to curb dear are from your property that don't involve a drone.
I was just using that as an excuse to get some good videos. Also wanted to know how they respond.

Welcome to the Forum!

Deer...
Hum?

Cell Phone

Rod
Yea, that's what I wanted! Now how about the bear?

Has anybody had much experience with their drones encountering wildlife. I really have a time with deer in my garden. I had one threatening my wife when she tried to chase it away with a broomstick. She called me when I was in Croatia and said she was 10 feet from it and it won't leave. I told her to get back in the house. How do deer respond to drones? And I'm not harassing wildlife! These lawn rat eat everything around my house. They have cost me lots of money. I know it not a solution, but I might get a few good pic's. How about drone vs. bear?

We have Deer as well ..... but not threatening.

Couple of Firecrackers let off scares them off ...

Nigel

Look at it from the deer's perspective... in a normal environment deer have no predators from the sky. So normally they aren't threatened from a small aircraft (not saying never). This is even more the case when they are used to human sounds (motors, cars etc). If the deer is already skittish then the drone "might" be more spooky to the animal.

During the spring I'm not sure I would be so quick to address a deer with a broomstick. She may have little ones she is protective of and a deer can do more damage than you'd imagine with their hooves. Check out the video below... poor dog LOL

Reactions: WV. Rootman
We have Deer as well ..... but not threatening.

Couple of Firecrackers let off scares them off ...

Nigel
I shoot bottle rockets at them almost every night before I go to bed. I will become an expert on deer drone encounters. They are ridiculous here. I hit 3 deer in one year with my truck. All hit were under 45 miles an hour. They even eat my plants that deer aren't supposed to eat.

Look at it from the deer's perspective... in a normal environment deer have no predators from the sky. So normally they aren't threatened from a small aircraft (not saying never). This is even more the case when they are used to human sounds (motors, cars etc). If the deer is already skittish then the drone "might" be more spooky to the animal.

During the spring I'm not sure I would be so quick to address a deer with a broomstick. She may have little ones she is protective of and a deer can do more damage than you'd imagine with their hooves. Check out the video below... poor dog LOL
That is good. I laughed hard on that one. Not about the poor dog. The cat.
We had a really mean buck that was eating my heirloom pepper in September.

Reactions: BigAl07
Problem is as we encroach on THEIR habitat - it forces them to encroach on ours.

Where I live - my house and large grounds have been for a hundred years or more. But the surroundings were their territory. Developers came in and felled the trees, cleared the land and up it went on sale as desirable residential land. Great for my land value - but crap for the wild-life.

We now have deer cross our 'garden' and they want to get to other side where they can still grub around.

I have 4 big dogs ... and the scent of them I am sure is not appreciated by the Deer as they do not linger on my grounds.
I would actually like them to stay more with us ... but also understand they can be extremely destructive.

Nigel

Wow. We have no deer here. Our problem is coyotes and owls. They come and snatch up your pets and take off.

Wow. We have no deer here. Our problem is coyotes and owls. They come and snatch up your pets and take off.
The owls get our ducks. Locals killed over 50 coyotes last winter. They hunt them together.That group is crazy about hunting. They also like to shoot anything that flies. o_O

Sounds like "Dog-Off" ..... a powder you can spread over your prize garden areas to stop your dogs crapping all over !!
Nigel

I shoot bottle rockets at them almost every night before I go to bed. I will become an expert on deer drone encounters. They are ridiculous here. I hit 3 deer in one year with my truck. All hit were under 45 miles an hour. They even eat my plants that deer aren't supposed to eat.
You're doing it wrong. You've got to let the deer know they aren't supposed to eat them. Put signs up alerting the deer to the fact they don't LIKE t hose plants LOL!

Mother Nature has a wicked sense of humor sometimes. :)

I was going to suggest a "Predator Urine" as well.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Also Don't let your local DNR catch you chasing the deer with a drone. They will fine you for harassing the wildlife. I think that's what they call it.

You're doing it wrong. You've got to let the deer know they aren't supposed to eat them. Put signs up alerting the deer to the fact they don't LIKE t hose plants LOL!

Mother Nature has a wicked sense of humor sometimes. :)

I was going to suggest a "Predator Urine" as well.
I have tried that. I pee in the garden and they still come. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31