Drones and wild life

some have used these predator "eye" lights successfully against coyotes. Don't know how they work on deer but maybe worth a shot. You'll need a lot of batteries to chase them with your drone all day lol.

Amazon.com : Aspectek l 4600sq ft l Predator Eye Nighttime Outdoor Solar Animal Repeller - 2 Pack, Waterproof, Repellent Predator Light Keeps Nocturnal Animals Away Such as Rat, Mouse, Cat, Bird, Raccoon. : Patio, Lawn & Garden
I use liquid fence. I have to put it on heavy and keep putting it on.

What about those Ultra Sonic units you can fit to cars to stop animals running into road in front of you ? Don't know if the work ... but plenty my friends have them fitted.

Simple 12v supply and a few directed over the ground ?

Nigel

Only during season right?
No, anytime. I have to get a permit. The last time I was given one, it said I could shoot up to 3 deer. Then he said if I need more to come back and get another permit. No permit needed if they are crawling under an electric fence. DNR says to shoot because they will teach the others deer how to do it.

What about those Ultra Sonic units you can fit to cars to stop animals running into road in front of you ? Don't know if the work ... but plenty my friends have them fitted.

Nigel
West Virginia would be a good testing ground for them. We have the highest deer road kill of any state. I have many friends from out of state that say they are scared to drive in w.v. at night. Our hi-ways have large red spots all over them.
Now, about deer responding to drones. Lol I will find out.

Nigel

The 80s will never die. But no, they are mostly snake oil.

Look at it from the deer's perspective... in a normal environment deer have no predators from the sky. So normally they aren't threatened from a small aircraft (not saying never). This is even more the case when they are used to human sounds (motors, cars etc). If the deer is already skittish then the drone "might" be more spooky to the animal.

During the spring I'm not sure I would be so quick to address a deer with a broomstick. She may have little ones she is protective of and a deer can do more damage than you'd imagine with their hooves. Check out the video below... poor dog LOL

That ladies dog is getting OWNED and she just stands across the street yelling? WTF?

Has anybody had much experience with their drones encountering wildlife. I really have a time with deer in my garden. I had one threatening my wife when she tried to chase it away with a broomstick. She called me when I was in Croatia and said she was 10 feet from it and it won't leave. I told her to get back in the house. How do deer respond to drones? And I'm not harassing wildlife! These lawn rat eat everything around my house. They have cost me lots of money. I know it not a solution, but I might get a few good pic's. How about drone vs. bear?

We had herds of deer come through our yard all the time in New Jersey. The solution is simple.
A good paintball gun posted up in your window, preferably the bathroom window, preferably the second story. Then just shoot them deer when they come in your yard.
Easy as pie.
The paint is biodegradable and it's fun. Technically deer spread ticks, and thus disease, so i believe you have the right to protect your family ;)

I shoot bottle rockets at them almost every night before I go to bed. I will become an expert on deer drone encounters. They are ridiculous here. I hit 3 deer in one year with my truck. All hit were under 45 miles an hour. They even eat my plants that deer aren't supposed to eat.
What a hero!! Not.

I routinely harass my deer, while trying to use up whats left on the battery. They just get up & walk away. They will eat anything, some kick open garbage bags without a can.

To dispel an ol' timers tale about a deer putting a hoof thru your heart, it ain't so. It hurts but never broken skin. I
have a photo somewhere of a buck that got the uknow what out of him, he lost about half his fur.

I routinely harass my deer, while trying to use up whats left on the battery. They just get up & walk away. They will eat anything, some kick open garbage bags without a can.

To dispel an ol' timers tale about a deer putting a hoof thru your heart, it ain't so. It hurts but never broken skin. I
have a photo somewhere of a buck that got the uknow what out of him, he lost about half his fur.
c526b1b8bbe68a5cfd04f70f95f56684.jpg

What a hero!! Not.

The 80s will never die. But no, they are mostly snake oil.
Not so fast. I put those ultrasonic whistles on my truck ant they do work. You can see their ears pick up just before you hit them!

Reactions: len750 and BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor