Drone vs. Drone Near Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I almost got brought down by this idiot pilot. It's a short video but you'll see my concern.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I almost got brought down by this idiot pilot. It's a short video but you'll see my concern.

I don't understand why were you following that drone? He must have thought that you are playing with him and gave you a shock. He seems to be an expert pilot.

Reactions: yorlik
Did you or your spotter see him prior?

So, just curious...
Were you flying with this person, or were you just doing your thing and this other Phantom appeared?

I did not know the other pilot nor was I following anyone. My family and I had booked a Mountain get-a-way and I had gone up several times that day to get some aerial footage for the memory book. On my 3rd flight up I was just hovering and doing a slow 360. Out of nowhere he pops into my view finder and was flying very aggressive towards me. I watched him through my camera but as quickly as he appeared, he disappeared. Maybe other drone pilots feel territorial? I never saw him again for the rest of our trip.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I did not know the other pilot nor was I following anyone. My family and I had booked a Mountain get-a-way and I had gone up several times that day to get some aerial footage for the memory book. On my 3rd flight up I was just hovering and doing a slow 360. Out of nowhere he pops into my view finder and was flying very aggressive towards me. I watched him through my camera but as quickly as he appeared, he disappeared. Maybe other drone pilots feel territorial? I never saw him again for the rest of our trip.
Your video speaks about different story.

Reactions: Txmedic2680
To me it looks like the other pilot was surprised to see you and backed off when he did.You may have seen him first. It is not always easy to see the fpv screen.
Then he came back for to see you. At the very end of your video it looks like he gave you a wave.

I am not seeing what makes him an "idiot". You saw him before he saw you. You have the responsibility to get clear until you know he sees you.

P.S. Post moved to general section.

I almost got brought down by this idiot pilot.

Well, I don't see anything idiotic by the other operator. He obviously saw you later than you saw him and took immediate evasive action. That is not the action of an idiot.

As for your concern about the actions of others, I think I'd be more concerned about the actions of the operator in this other video of yours.

Wow. If anyone wants to know why this the FAA is clamping down on drones. If anyone wants to know why there is so much negative press. If anyone wants to understand why your next drone will be limited to 400ft and have NFZs everywhere.

It's because of this.

Exceeding the approved altitude four times over.
Intentionally flying into zero visibility where you can't see anything and where no one can see you.

This is exactly what NOT to do!

Reactions: QuadBart
I tried clicking on this link and it shows nothing!? You boys must have your links crossed. I've never gone above the mandated 400 feet limit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried clicking on this link and it shows nothing!? You boys must have your links crossed. I've never gone above the mandated 400 feet limit.

You sure about that? It had your name on it and it was right next to your other video. Pretty sure it was yours. Maybe you accidentally made it private? It's what most people do when they realize they've done something wrong.

Trust me, I wouldn't take anything down for you. Please learn to navigate YouTube before making any further accusations.

Reactions: yorlik
hey guys i'm new and just stumbled on this video. definitely looked like the other guy was an idiot pilot. you guys claiming he was expert?? did you actually watch video? I hope i never encounter anyone in air trying to get that close to me, i will ram them. Has anyone else ever seen another drone pilot like this while you're flying?

hey guys i'm new and just stumbled on this video. definitely looked like the other guy was an idiot pilot. you guys claiming he was expert?? did you actually watch video? I hope i never encounter anyone in air trying to get that close to me, i will ram them. Has anyone else ever seen another drone pilot like this while you're flying?
You just got your P3 didn't you? Waiting to make your first flight aren't you?
Welcome to the list.
I look forward to your future posts.

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.