Drone vs. Drone Near Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ram them slightly above to where your skid hits their propeller, this won't hurt your drone and will cause them to crash
I'm so curious about this.
How do you know this will work?

As a member who just joined this morning, and purportedly just made your very first drone flight ever today at lunch, why would you advise this?

...If only we had that warning when we encounter other pilots, err, drone operators who lack experience.

Pilots?? Pilots have a LOT more training than flying a toy. Anyone who calls us drone flyers "pilots" is in my opinion an arrogant SOB, with opinions not worth ever listening too. We fly our toys, we can get very expert at it, but we CERTAINLY are not "pilots."

Yorlik,
You've been here long enough...

Why are you dragging out that old, tired, contentious pilot/not a pilot trope again?

I have to admit - I've had my drone for a while and I've run out of boring videos to make. I guess I'm just looking for some excitement and a great story. Bringing down someone who didn't respect my air space is reasonable in my opinion.

YOUR airspace? How did you identify YOU own it?

YOUR airspace? How did you identify YOU own it?
Yorlick, that person is trolling here. He posted on another thread "once bikes start riding on the sidewalk, I'll start yielding to other aircraft."
Nothing but an attention seeker, best to ignore him.

I have flown RC aircraft for many years. The fact of the matter is that flying close to other RCers is unavoidable especially due to the flight restrictions set upon us. In other words we have limited airspace available to us. I fly my P3S in parks and soon enough I expect I will be told go elsewhere. I guess my input is: It will always be up to the pilots to be aware of their surroundings. Courtesy does not end when you leave the ground.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Wow. If anyone wants to know why this the FAA is clamping down on drones. If anyone wants to know why there is so much negative press. If anyone wants to understand why your next drone will be limited to 400ft and have NFZs everywhere.

It's because of this.

Exceeding the approved altitude four times over.
Intentionally flying into zero visibility where you can't see anything and where no one can see you.

This is exactly what NOT to do!

Ianwood,
It sounds like your really concerned about a 400 ft limit enforced by the FAA. Why are you worried about this if you ALWAYS fly below that threshold!? You strike me as a total hypocrite.

Ianwood,
It sounds like your really concerned about a 400 ft limit enforced by the FAA. Why are you worried about this if you ALWAYS fly below that threshold!? You strike me as a total hypocrite.
We should all be concerned with the 400 foot limit, don't you think?
I always fly below that altitude and those who don't concern me because they have the power to impact how and where I can fly in the future.

I fly below also, so why do I care if the government enforces a 400 foot rule? They can make that rule tomorrow and I wouldn't be bothered. If we all already fly low then who cares what rules they enact to cover the airspace above?

I fly below also, so why do I care if the government enforces a 400 foot rule? They can make that rule tomorrow and I wouldn't be bothered. If we all already fly low then who cares what rules they enact to cover the airspace above?
Don't know why you are going on about it for someone who "doesn't care"...
And I especially don't respond to 5 day old posts that I don't care about. Why did you?
Me suspects you really do care.

Carry on...

Looks like someone taking the opertunity to get some playful footage of another drone in the air.
Your drone doesn't look like it was in any danger. The other drone was at least 20ft away when it stopped and the other pilot
Likely new this.

This is a great peice of footage for you.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Beside quad, anyone here fly RC? In a typical field, RC plane fly much faster and around each other all the time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I have a garage full. Planes, Helis and Quads. I was an External Pilot in the Marine Corps when the RPV (now UAV) program kicked off in the mid 80's...

Yes, I think most of us RC pilots recognize this video for what it is. You can tell the inexperienced pilots here, they view this as an act of aggression and are oblivious to the friendly "wave" the encroaching pilot gave at the end.

Wow! I am new to the drone world and I am thankful I found this site. It's nice to know there are experienced Radio Control Pilots out there who can keep this forum in compliance. I don't know that I would have been able to recognize friendly vs foe drone action, especially in the mountains when I though I was alone with my own drone. I guess working in the industry for years, as a Radio Control Pilot, you have been able to pick up on the little behavioral signals. I have so much to learn..... I think this is more than I thought it was going to be!

Wow! I am new to the drone world and I am thankful I found this site. It's nice to know there are experienced Radio Control Pilots out there who can keep this forum in compliance. I don't know that I would have been able to recognize friendly vs foe drone action, especially in the mountains when I though I was alone with my own drone. I guess working in the industry for years, as a Radio Control Pilot, you have been able to pick up on the little behavioral signals. I have so much to learn..... I think this is more than I thought it was going to be!
Oh how cute!
Little Mister made him a brand spanking new Avatar just so he could make a sarcastic snark at me!
Love it.

Thanks majobvious. There are so many know it alls on here its starting to feel like Jr.High school. I saw no fault on this man's part. Every one wants to point fingers. I'm 63 years young, and all this condemnation of folks is just ridiculous. Maybe we should have the Admin make a forum for emotionally mature people, and another one for the haters. Hey guys. Whining is what FB is for. Let's have a little constructive criticism. Not immediate condemnation. ........Nuff said. Peace out.

Oh how cute!
Little Mister made him a brand spanking new Avatar just so he could make a sarcastic snark at me!
Love it.

Well.... I'm not quite sure what to say about you... Other than you are completely wrong. Who is "Little Mister"? I'm not sure, but when you refer to me going forward, you can refer to me as Ma'am. If not, that's all fine and well. After all, I did serve 4 years in the Marine Corps for you to be a disrespectful person at your pleasure. And yes, I am a female. So, next time, think twice before you post a reply. You don't know everything like you think you do..... I am not this "Little Mister" that you must think I am....

Last edited:
Video is great evidence in a court (as we have here) as both stories are compared to it by neutral peers. Without both sides to compare to the video then the person telling the only story we hear can ensure their story is supported by the video. Not saying OP is wrong in his/her assessment as I was not there and the other side has not make a statement. This is an example of how people conduct themselves every day of their (our) lives, actions do not alway indicate the intent...
Semper Fi Grumpy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers