Drone to drone interference?

Reaction score
I had a Mavic fly within what I estimate to be 10-15' of my P4P tonight. Possibly closer. My video signal went out after that. And yes, the operator flew that close on purpose. I found the person and confronted him after I landed. He didn't care...

Reactions: godrocksu
My video signal went out after that. And yes, the operator flew that close on purpose. I found the person and confronted him after I landed. He didn't care...
Ignore it and move on. And you can't say for certain that the downlink loss was due to the Mavic's transmission interference. Unless you have reviewed the flight data in detail and determined such.

Ignore it and move on. And you can't say for certain that the downlink loss was due to the Mavic's transmission interference. Unless you have reviewed the flight data in detail and determined such.

Maybe I'll pull the data in the morning. Everything was fine until his drone was right next to mine. Then the video was gone. It happened about 100' away and maybe 150' up so it's not like I was a distance away with other interference.

Maybe I'll pull the data in the morning. Everything was fine until his drone was right next to mine. Then the video was gone. It happened about 100' away and maybe 150' up so it's not like I was a distance away with other interference.
I haven't tried with a Mavic but Phantoms don't cause any interference when close together.
DJI_0119a-L.jpg

i-fXHGsCQ-L.jpg

I've got video of my Phantom and Mavic (back and forth) but I didn't get within 10' but probably 20' (+/-). Also the same goes for Phantom to Inspire and Mavic to Inspire.

Highly unlikely of loss of signal due to DJI’s spread spectrum technology. I fly my Phantom 4 right up next to my 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz antennas used in my wireless internet business. I was cautious at first but of maybe 15 inspection flights I’ve had no problems.
Jim
WA5TEF

I want to fly with another drone sometime.....The Very thought of hearing the 2 drones " syncing " the engines together from 25 to 50 feet away.......... Must Be Awesome to hear....

I regularly fly autonomous missions with my P3S and P3P. I have also flown a few with my P3S and my Mavic Pro. Never had a video feed issue. Been a few times they have been 5ft apart vertically while planning/tweaking a mission.

I flew my P4P with a Mavic for a couple of hours once - both of us landing to change batteries multiple times, launching, re-calibrating, etc. Never had an issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures