Drone registration Renewal

Reaction score
Got three emails from FAA about registration expiring and today this about low registration numbers only 3.4 % have renewed
FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education
Recreational Flyer Drone Registration Expiration
Notice Number: NOTC1570

Please be aware that out of 854,584 Recreational Flyers whose registration will expire on December 12, 2020 only 30,144 (3.4%) have renewed to date.
To renew go to FAADroneZone
UAS Support Center (UASSC) supports the DroneZone through email at [email protected] and telephone at 844-FLY-MY-UA (844-359-6982)
UASSC answers phone calls Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm ET; emails and return calls from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM (except on designated Federal holidays)
Henrik Vejlstrup
[email protected]

This notice is being sent to you because you selected "sUAS - Small Umanned Aircraft System" in your preferences on FAASafety.gov. If you wish to adjust your selections, log into Login - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov where you can update your preferences.
Earn your WINGS to get a chance to win a cash prize. Go to www.mywingsinitiative.org for more info. Join us on Facebook: Facebook Groups
used for alignment
FAASafety.gov | Email Preferences | Opt Out
Do not reply to this email as it is an unmonitored mailbox. Contact us for comments or questions.

Reactions: dirkclod
All I got was I was coming up for renewal and gave me the link. ?
Paid my 5 bucks and got a confirmation number. Thought I would get it to print out.?‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO and Rick218
I received the same email. Wallet is slightly thinner, but well worth it for the fun.
Just watch out for those FAA lookalikes.
Did they give you a print out when you paid ?

My registration expires in two years because I'm 107. I didn't get a receipt when I registered my drones just numbers
Can understand that being 107 but I'm not. Really thought I would get a printout like when I first registered . I get this why I wondered.
16162130-FC8A-4015-8926-2BDA4F88AA51.jpeg

Reactions: dronesky
Can understand that being 107 but I'm not. Really thought I would get a printout like when I first registered . I get this why I wondered.
View attachment 120752
Login to your account on the DroneZone and then you can print or email your certificate.
800E5787-9CF5-4468-9A8C-6260830FDC77.jpeg

Reactions: DoomMeister
Regulations require that you have the current registration certificate with you when you fly.
The new one started in 2015 and expires in 23 so you can get it
before it’s due.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Regulations require that you have the current registration certificate with you when you fly.
I printed it as well as emailed it to myself. I always have my smart phone with me, so I’ll always have my certification handy.

Good point though for those that don’t know, although most US members on this site know it already. Google and the other search engines mine all of our Pilot forums and the more we get the right information posted, the more we educate those that don’t know or understand.

Does the license need to be contiguous? E.g. if I know I won't be flying again til the spring/summer, can I leave it til then to apply and save myself 6 months fee?

You don't need to carry your registration certificate, you need to display your operator number on the drone.

Sorry to hijack this thread but; I passed my 107 a few months ago. I still fly mostly Recreational (about 90%).

I own four drones. Do I just need to register ONCE for Rec, and put the same number on all four drones, or do I need to decide which one(s) I will be flying commercially, and register those differently? The registration is for the drone, right? So do I need a different reg # for each drone? Or will one suffice?

Sorry to hijack this thread but; I passed my 107 a few months ago. I still fly mostly Recreational (about 90%).

I own four drones. Do I just need to register ONCE for Rec, and put the same number on all four drones, or do I need to decide which one(s) I will be flying commercially, and register those differently? The registration is for the drone, right? So do I need a different reg # for each drone? Or will one suffice?
For the drones flown professionally, they will EACH need their own registration number. For the recreational flyers, you can use one number that will cover them all.

Does the license need to be contiguous? E.g. if I know I won't be flying again til the spring/summer, can I leave it til then to apply and save myself 6 months fee?
It is $5 for three years, so you would save $.70. If you let it lapse you have to register again and probably have a different ID number and have to print new labels for your drone/s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31