Drone crashed and lost! Compass error

Reaction score
Hi there its finally happened after a successful droning carers of 6 month I crashed it and could not even recover it. I was flying in the mountainous area ( which i did many times with out any issues) drone was around 200m away so just out of my sight, when compass error came up, drone became totally uncontrollable and non responsive to remote control, it crashed with what seemed like a very fast speed and I was unable to recover it
has any one has similar experience? Can I retrieve flight log files with out the actual drone?

I did look at flight record in the app but it doesn't tell much, I thought that the real flight data is located in hidden sd card inside the drone "the black box"

I believe your correct as far as that and you connect to the front of the bird to access it or pull it out .
Without the bird all you got is the app I'm afraid .

I believe your correct as far as that and you connect to the front of the bird to access it or pull it out .
Without the bird all you got is the app I'm afraid .
That card is in the top part of the battery box . You can see it but read it was a bugger to get out .

I have contacted DJI but no reply yet, can this be something that is covered by warranty? I have done extensive search on compass error, but nothing solid comes up

I have contacted DJI but no reply yet, can this be something that is covered by warranty? I have done extensive search on compass error, but nothing solid comes up
Without the bird only DJI can or will tell you if it's covered stan .And afraid you will be searching for awhile to find anything solid on compass error's on this Standard .Hasn't been out long enough for much input that I've seen .
Sucks you can't get your hands on it .
Why can't you ?

I did look at flight record in the app but it doesn't tell much, I thought that the real flight data is located in hidden sd card inside the drone "the black box"
The app does show your flight and last location with a satellite image correct?

Reactions: dirkclod
Buy the time I got to the location (and it was later in the day (or what I think is the location) it was gone I could not find it:(

Well don't give up ! I looked for one for 3 days last year and found it . I have a tracker on this one .
Had one on that one also but it busted and the battery came out . Won't this one !!

Someone definitely took it as I found some broken small bits,
Is it possible to just buy a drone with out remote controll as I have one for cheaper?
Still no response from DJI:(
I am starting to loose the confidence in them might try 3d robotics one for my next drone

Wow, did you have any personal info on it?
Must be a fairly busy place compared to where I lost mine.
Your not going to response until you talk to them on the phone.

Nothing personal just some footage
Do you think it's possible to just buy a drone without the remote for cheaper?

I Would Think, Not.
This is a mass produced product, your buying technology / research & development.

Sell your remote online, somebody is going to need it.
:)

The same thing just happend to me, after 6 months of flying perfectly I just got a compass error and the drone went straight down into a lake. Why does the compass error come up?

The same thing just happend to me, after 6 months of flying perfectly I just got a compass error and the drone went straight down into a lake. Why does the compass error come up?
Wow. I got a compass error when I was on w man made bridge. I immediately brought it back and landed. And left location. Glad to know as I did not push it. I thought it was from all the rebar in the concrete on the bridge. Was thinking metal around somewhere. This is scary to know.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I received a brief compass error last weekend. Just started taking off. Flying in the same spot as other times, very open and out in the country. As soon as I was going to put it in ATTI it stopped and became responsive again. I am going to recalibrate compass and IMU before next flight...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl