Drone Black Boxes. Why They are Important.

Reaction score
Who hasn't wanted their flight records examined from time to time? What is the point of the black box in your drone? Can this be turned off at any point?

A common question that is always asked in a drone crash was what happened and is this something that can be prevented. If you are a DJI pilot and you have a Go App on your mobile device, you can see how your sticks move on the remote while the drone is flying. Not only is it helpful to determine how you are controlling the aircraft as well as how the drone responds.

The importance of the Black Box can’t be underestimated. But to best learn more about the Black Box, it is best to brush up on what the functionality is of this feature: Drone Black Boxes- Why do we need them? - WeTalkUAV

Reactions: BigAl07
NO manufacturer would like to turn off black box or erase its saved data.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

NO manufacturer would like to turn off black box or erase its saved data.

I think if they wanted to do so they simply wouldn't add this feature at all. And if you crash -you crash. No way to proof the aircraft malfunction

I think if they wanted to do so they simply wouldn't add this feature at all. And if you crash -you crash. No way to proof the aircraft malfunction

Hope DJI has implemented a way to regularly push off old logs else we will have an issue later when logs occupy full allotted space.

Great thread :)

Collaboration? What's that? How dare you suggest that LOL! Great idea as well :)

Reactions: kevinm
Hope DJI has implemented a way to regularly push off old logs else we will have an issue later when logs occupy full allotted space.

Have you ever looked or downloaded the logs, as far as I can it is always full, the one I was looking for was already gone.

Rod

I downloaded mine when I got it back from repair, It had some flights from when they tested it. Never tried to load them and look, but I got them saved. I was also looking for one from a older flight, but it was already gone.

Rod

Great thread :)

Collaboration? What's that? How dare you suggest that LOL! Great idea as well :)
Hey, thank you for your feedback on the thread. All feedback is always welcome. Ideas are like seeds. You plant them and sometimes others will fertilize them. Drone technology is still changing. Stick around for more great news coming out.

100% agree. Thanks for the post and share.

I wrote something similar for Drone Insurance Depot a few weeks back. How analyzing your drone flight logs can increase efficiency.

Happy to collaborate with We Talk if you're interested!

Still got butterfingers over here. I appreciate you guys patience in my response. I looked at the article and some great points on flight logs. Well written too so my hat off to you sir on that information. I think when it comes to piloting drones, it takes a certain mindset to make this happen safely. An analysis is most important which is why flight records can make a huge difference. I like the depth you presented in this article. Certainly food for thought.

Why should I share my logs/ my activities with DJI? :)

Isn't everybody doing that already, when they save the flights to the cloud with the DJI-go app?

What a stupid name, "DJI go" :rolleyes:

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers