Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.11.20 to 1.5.0011 May 2020

Reaction score
I have acquired a P3 Pro that has Firmware 1.11.20

I have another P3 Pro that I was able downgrade from 1.09 to 1.50.0011 Thanks to the Process from . Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6
The above process was (last updated: 2017/8/23), and I haven't found anything more recent.

The Issue is that I haven't been able to find a firmware .bin to be the first step downgrade.

Thats the in between .bin file from 1.11..20 and 10.9.6

I'm concerned that I could brick it if I don't do this incorrectly AND I wonder if DJI has DOWNGRADE PROOFED with 1.11.20

So the questions are:
1. " Are there Any New Methods to Downgrade P3's?"
2. " If required Where can I get that "IN BETWEEN" >bin file?"

UPDATE
1. Found all the firmware for every DJI Product ----
2. I have not found any other Methods of Downgrading P3 's other than the tedious Step Method.

So the Only Remaining Question of the DAY is

"Is it SAFE to use the Manual Method on Version 1.11.20 to Downgrade to 1.11.0010 then the next one and the next one etc."

Last edited:
I have acquired a P3 Pro that has Firmware 1.11.20

I have another P3 Pro that I was able downgrade from 1.09 to 1.50.0011 Thanks to the Process from . Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6
The above process was (last updated: 2017/8/23), and I haven't found anything more recent.

The Issue is that I haven't been able to find a firmware .bin to be the first step downgrade.

Thats the in between .bin file from 1.11..20 and 10.9.6

I'm concerned that I could brick it if I don't do this incorrectly AND I wonder if DJI has DOWNGRADE PROOFED with 1.11.20

So the questions are:
1. " Are there Any New Methods to Downgrade P3's?"
2. " If required Where can I get that "IN BETWEEN" >bin file?"
As far as I know, there aren’t any versions between 1.10 and 1.11. You can find many FW version bin files and the release notes here.

One note about 1.5 which you said you have on your other P3. 1.5 is a known bad version and it is the only firmware you should not use. It includes a bug that could allow the battery to shut off mid-flight. At the time, we routinely recommended not using 1.5.

Reactions: JoBe and 3rdof5
One note about 1.5 which you said you have on your other P3. 1.5 is a known bad version and it is the only firmware you should not use. It includes a bug that could allow the battery to shut off mid-flight. At the time, we routinely recommended not using 1.5.
Yes, this is correct, 1.5 is flawed. It was out only a couple weeks in late 2015 when DJI quickly fixed the issue that crashed a lot of drones. 1.6 was the fix to the motor shutoff during mid-flight issue, which mostly occurred during cold weather, or someone starting up the motors and taking off again with a half charged battery. However, the 1.6 version ADDED auto throttle limitations after the single cell voltage got below 3.6V. At 3.6V the voltage character color changes from green to orange. This means you cannot ascend as fast, or fly as fast, compared to a fully charged battery. You really want version 1.6 or later, given the battery limitation in P3P.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Greybush
What is the best combination in the Phantom 3 Pro?
^^
maximum possible range?
In terms of stability?
And without restrictions? and without geofencing (no-fly zones)?
^^
My best one is:
Android: App GO 2.4.3
RC: 1.5.80
Firmware: V. 1.04.0010
Is there any better?

As far as I know, there aren’t any versions between 1.10 and 1.11. You can find many FW version bin files and the release notes here.

Hi Thanks for your reply and the advisory on the the 1.5.
I have suspended any further firmware changes after I upgrade to 1.06.0000

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20