Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Hello friends.
I went to lower and lower firmware (P3P) but after uploading 1.7 of 1.8 there are problems. Gimbal does not react, the message about the problem with the firmware makes it impossible to do anything. I had to go back to 1.8. Some solution ? Regards

Hello friends.
I went to lower and lower firmware (P3P) but after uploading 1.7 of 1.8 there are problems. Gimbal does not react, the message about the problem with the firmware makes it impossible to do anything. I had to go back to 1.8. Some solution ? Regards
and do you have gimbal problems with FW 1.8?
if not, why do you want to downgrade?

And why everyone here wants to lower the version to 1.7 ? ;) (There is no problem in version 1.8) Regards
this thread is quite old and some of the information is not true anymore
if you want to mod the flight parameters of your AC, there is no need to downgrade
for a few months now with dji-firmware-tools you can modify any Phantom's FW

Will I find help to turn off the altitude limit in the easiest way in DJi Phantom 3 Professional ?

This thread is about downgrading.

Also, figuring out the software by yourself is more educational.
You need to extract firmware, edit flyc_param_infos and update them within flight controller module. Then flash that to your drone.
Try searching for retroroms dji wiki for details. Also there's nolimitdronez which lets you pay for having such things done automatically.

I won't mind if the thread will be cleaned of these unrelated posts.

This thread is about downgrading.

Also, figuring out the software by yourself is more educational.
You need to extract firmware, edit flyc_param_infos and update them within flight controller module. Then flash that to your drone.
Try searching for retroroms dji wiki for details. Also there's nolimitdronez which lets you pay for having such things done automatically.

I won't mind if the thread will be cleaned of these unrelated posts.
Thank you for the information. Regards

I can't stand the fact of dji crippling 'my property' even more with every supposed 'better/newer firmware', and while nothing wrong with my AC nor RC, I had a new droid device and couldn't immediately find my saved copy of the older app so installed the new. OF COURSE then, and only after then, the newer app gave me the new firmware required message. I refused to do it, BUT, afterwards trying to fly without updating, I was getting ESC error and couldn't power up the motors app or not. After reading this Entire Thread First, I got my drone back to Great and Even Better!

Even after all of this time, and even though there's also now the newer(cool way to do to, but not for any lamers that can't/don't want to study/read whole threads and directions) of downgrading the firmware's, I'd like to shout out a Super Kudos to the original poster of this thread for his method does indeed still work just fine as I downgraded to 1.7 easily, as well, like he, I hit the bump in from 1.8 to 1.7, though flashed 1.8 back and again 1.7 and Whalla! Success! Later this week, I will edit a flyc_param_infos, re-pack/compile it to the .bin, flash and test my pro out again this weekend with my 8 batteries. Thanks again to the original poster and others of whom led me to find the answers! :)

Reactions: spectra9
Curious about " the newer(cool way to do to, but not for any lamers that can't/don't want to study/read whole threads and directions) " . Got link?

What I mention is very similar, Newer because a lot of it is recently Updated(files) And, COOL because also allows learning of personally modifying parameters directly to the firmware and then popping in the bin on the SD card and flashing.

It's first mentioned about on Page 1 of this thread by the original author, phantom-firmware-tools github project page. There is also another page by maybe the same author of the project link?, that lists his actual downgrade of FW steps, and then explains the phantom-firmware git page files and steps to modify some things(a LOT of things), at http://dji.retroroms.info/howto/modp3params. ''I didn't use the later to do my downgrades'', I used page 1 on this forum, RC v1.5, AC 1.7.

I believe what ultimately fixed it for you wasn't the modules but the fact you let it update through all that loud beeping and didn't care about the possible overheating issue...I had the same issue once when i interrupted an update and the next time i tried to update i got the crazy loud ESC beeping continuously for maybe a 30min while in the background i could hear the very faint d-d-d which made me let it keep going...It was one of the most painful things i had to listen to and I wanted to stab my eardrums with an ice pick..So hats off to you for enduring this and being patient and happy to see your flying again bud!
hi have the same problem constant beep at the end let it go for a half hour longer still constant beep gave up

Hey, I've been chatting to Steve via email but still cant solve my issue. He has provided me with the modded PMCAPPFw3.bin file but the hight restrictions didnt work on 1.11 fw. So, we're trying to downgrade to 1.10 fw. Sounds simple... right. Nah... two days later, still can't get it to work. I put a debug file on the sd with 1.10 and it went through the process for 25 min then the card says 'upgrading...' however the app says 1.10.90.

Hight still locked. Any ideas!? Thanks! Its a P3P btw.

Last week I rolled back successfully on my P3A from P3S_FW_V01.11.0020 to P3S_FW_V01.10.0090 with DEBUG file method. After downgrade all lights were red. So I turned it off/on and bird did the same SW update once again. After that it was O.K.
Hey, did the log pass/fail text file say 'upgrading...' after you did this or did it say 'sucessfull'?

I rolled back from 1.11 to 1.7 too with debug method. Can confirm it is working for me. I'm having the board P01012.09 .
I did it like:
1.11 -> 1.10 + Debug
1.10 -> 1.9 + Debug
1.9 -> 1.8
1.8 -> 1.8 + Debug
1.8 -> 1.7
1.7 -> 1.7 + Debug
The last step was important for me, every version step was fine without a + except for 1.8 -> 1.7. There I had to use again debug method on 1.7 itself otherwise I got a + .

EDIT: I have to say that I did the update from 1.10 to 1.11 within the day the update was released the first time on 06.07.2017. And the downgrade was done within the next two days. I don't know whether DJI modified 1.11 to prevent downgrading. I attached the 1.11 I downloaded at 06:30PM at the release day and which I used to upgrade. LINK
how to make file "P3X_FW_DEBUG" to force downgrade

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic