Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Thank you for the link, but I still haven't found the firmware of RC1.5.8.:(
Beginning with 1.4 about 2+ years ago, all RC FW is downloaded and installed through the app. It's only the AC that is updated with a .bin file on an SD card.

If you need help with the correct process for updating FW, follow these steps closely. :)

If you are trying to downgrade, you can try the popular "graduation cap" method to downgrade the RC. It often works, but not all the time. Keep in mind that if you get your RC to something lower than 1.6, you will need your AC to be lower than 1.8. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Beginning with 1.4 about 2+ years ago, all RC FW is downloaded and installed through the app. It's only the AC that is updated with a .bin file on an SD card.

If you need help with the correct process for updating FW, follow these steps closely. :)

If you are trying to downgrade, you can try the popular "graduation cap" method to downgrade the RC. It's often works, but not all the time. Keep in mind that if you get your RC to something lower than 1.6, you will need your AC to be lower than 1.8. Good luck.
Thank you, has been successfully through your tutorial to AC relegated to 1.76, RC relegated to 1.5.8, but my test result is "DJI GO" have been unable to downgrade the RC, I'm through "DJI GO 4" downgrade RC to 1.5.8, hoping to help a friend in need.;)

Reactions: JoBe
(last updated: 2017/8/23)

NOTE: There have been mixed reports that attempting this on older AC revisions may cause bricks on older birds due to the differences in hardware revisions as listed here and referenced here.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK, THIS MAY BRICK YOUR BIRD. MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

This was started in the Phantom 3 pro firmware hacking tools thread, which got sidetracked with the original post this one is based on (my fault for that post). It was pointed out that the thread was becoming no longer relevant to the original discussion (which I agree, again, partly to blame for that), so I deleted the post and started a new one here.

This topic was started by Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka, who posted:

After asking a few questions to clarify some points, I decided to start assembling this step-by-step list on how to 'safely' downgrade the firmware on the bird and controller.

As it's impossible to know all the potential edge cases that might come from this (upgrade history, different hardware revisions, etc), I put it up here so others can read and contribute. Together we are stronger and all that. :)

WARNING

You are doing this at your own risk and I will not/can not be held responsible for any bricks that result from this, I am just assembling the list of how to do this from posts scattered across multiple messages and forums.

This is not a guaranteed method, it’s what some people, including myself, have done and been successful with.

Updating the firmware is risky by it’s nature, and even more so with rolling back something that the manufactures did not intend to have rolled back. Add in that DJI apparently encrypts it’s module code and not all updates touch all the modules and it can get scary at times. However, if you are still willing to try, continue reading…

These are the steps to roll back from 1.10.0090 to 1.7.0060. Why 1.7.0060? This was the only version of the firmware that was released with an encrypted flight controller module, making it an ‘obvious’ choice for modifications. By accident or design of a disgruntled employee, no one who can tell is saying anything.

UPDATE: At this time, we have at least one successful 1.11 to 1.7.x rollback with debug use listed here. With DJI now actively working to prevent people from 'tweaking' the firmware, it is possible that 1.11 has something in it that makes this riskier than normal.

I will try to keep this updated as necessary as new information becomes available.

Note that the remote controller firmware will need to be rolled back as well (1.5.8 is known to work with 1.7.0060). Firmware 1.8.X and greater need RC firmware 1.6.X and up due to changes in the transmission protocol. The ‘graduation cap’ method may work for you, or it may not give you the option. If it doesn’t, then a possible manual method is listed as well.

I was able to roll back my professional with these steps. I don't have an advanced, so I can't verify that these step will work the same. In theory, they will as the only difference between the two is the camera/gimbal in use, but take that with a grain of salt!

Assumptions:
  • One is performing this on a phantom 3 advanced or professional (no idea if the other phantoms are the same).
  • One has copies of the official firmware files
  • One has a copy of an earlier DJI Go version (2.4.2, I found a copy on apkbeast)
Shorthand used:
  • p3a: Phantom 3 Advanced
  • p3p: Phantom 3 Professional
  • AC or bird: Aircraft (the phantom, either version)
  • RC: Remote Controller
  • FW: Firmware

The rollback order of FW versions going back to 1.7.0060 are:
The filenames are listed after the version number, and each line is a clickable link to download the FW zip from DJI (hopefully they don't remove them). These are the ones I used to rollback my p3p, the advanced filenames start with P3S, not X. If DJI moves/removes them, Google can help with finding alternate sources, search for the filename with the .bin or a .zip (hint hint). Make sure you have the right one!

An alternate source for the links to the FW files that lists even more is available here.

FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS STEP BY STEP, DO NOT SKIP ANY OF THEM, DO NOT SKIP FW VERSIONS, OR YOU MAY END UP WITH MISMATCHED MODULES OR EVEN BRICK YOUR BIRD.

Note that the debug flashing step(s) will take around 23 minutes, minimum, to finish. Make sure your battery is fully charged and in good shape!

The process:
  1. On an SD card, create a file named "P3S_FW_DEBUG" (p3a) or "P3X_FW_DEBUG" (p3p), contents of the file do not matter, it just needs to exist. If using Windows, make sure that the filename extension is not present. Google if you don't know how to check this
  2. Copy the previous version of the FW onto the SD card, not the version you want to finally roll back to. If you are starting with 1.10.0090, you will need to use version 1.9.0060.
  3. Flash the FW
  4. Once done, boot the phantom as normal and verify that the flash worked. If it did not, try again (I believe this is the correct thing to do if it did not flash on the first attempt).
  5. Remove the debug file and the now current FW, then put the next previous version on the SD card (1.8.0080).
  6. Flash and verify the change was successful
  7. Remove the 1.8.0080 FW file, put on the 1.7.0060 FW
  8. Flash and verify the change was successful
    • When I went to flash from 1.8 to 1.7, it would not downgrade in the normal method, I had to use the debug file
  9. Start up the DJI Go app and check the FW versions (you must not have any plus signs next to the numbers) and use the 'restore default settings' option
    • If the DJI app shows version numbers like 1.7.6+ (note the plus sign), this means that some modules did not get rolled back as they should have. In this case, you may have various issues with the compass, video feed, gimbal, etc. Reflash the 1.7.6 FW with the 'debug' file on the SD card.
  10. Perform a reset of the settings via the app.
  11. Profit! (?)
If you finish this and the FW versions list in the DJI app still show version numbers like 1.7.6+, something bad happened and a module(s) still did not get rolled back. Currently, the only possible fix is to update the firmware back to a point where the plus signs go away and work your way back again. This is not a guarantee that all will be well and you can try again, you may truly be stuck and have to send your bird in for repair.

For even more details on the firmware and modules, it is strongly suggested to check the phantom-firmware-tools github project page. Be warned that firmware modification is still in the early days and the page is meant for ‘advanced users’. In other words, beware, there be dragons and very sharp edges! Not for the faint of heart! :)

RC firmware rollback:
At this time, the information I have in front of me is limited and written from an Android device point of view (I don't have an iPad or equivalent, just Android devices). The following is known:
  • RC FW since 1.3.2 are only updated via DJI GoApp, not via USB drive.
  • RC FW 1.6 is only compatible with AC FW 1.8 or newer
  • When the DJI Go app does an update, it downloads a file from their server (i.e. RC_FW_V1.6.0.bin) into a folder named DJI/dji.pilot/package on the device storage and installs it from that location.
There are two methods for rolling back the FW that I have seen, the 'graduation method' and a manual method. The graduation method is the preferred way of doing this, but both are listed for better documentation.

Graduation Method
  1. Turn on your RC, plug in your android device and start the DJI Go app
  2. In the upper right hand corner, press and hold the icon for the Academy until a new screen appears
  3. From the drop down, choose the FW to roll back to and let it download and install
Manual Method
(Found on RC Firmware config · Issue #10 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub by aka1ceman)
  1. Turn on RC, Plug in Tablet, start DJI Go (I used 2.4.2)
  2. Touch and hold top right corner of screen for 5-10 seconds. (tutorial button thanks to Inspire guys)
  3. New screen opens offering to downgrade RC. (I was offered 1.6 and 1.5.8)
  4. Download but do not install.
  5. Using file explorer replace and rename file
  6. I used RC file for 1.3.2 and renamed, and replaced the existing 1.5 file.
  7. Go back to DJI Go app and finish install. It will finish installing. It did install for me although renaming may not be the safest way. Hope this helps.
Things to do after this:
  • You may want to try doing the 'channel hack' to increase the number of channels the RC uses to talk to the AC. I may do this myself at a later date if I feel it will improve things.

Thanks goes to:
  • Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka for the original post listing the steps they took
  • notsolowki for starting the firmware thread and pointing out a step or two in case the main steps didn't quite work
  • aka1ceman on the github project page for posting a method to manually rollback RC firmware
  • mefistotelis for running the phantom-firmware-tools, an alternative implementation to parser from phantom-licensecheck, github project
EDIT: Added links to the FW files to download them from DJI
EDIT 7/17: Added commentary about the 1.11 FW reports and different versions of the gimbal

NOTE: There have been mixed reports that attempting this on older AC revisions may cause bricks on older birds due to the differences in hardware revisions as listed here and referenced here.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK, THIS MAY BRICK YOUR BIRD. MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

This was started in the Phantom 3 pro firmware hacking tools thread, which got sidetracked with the original post this one is based on (my fault for that post). It was pointed out that the thread was becoming no longer relevant to the original discussion (which I agree, again, partly to blame for that), so I deleted the post and started a new one here.

After asking a few questions to clarify some points, I decided to start assembling this step-by-step list on how to 'safely' downgrade the firmware on the bird and controller.

As it's impossible to know all the potential edge cases that might come from this (upgrade history, different hardware revisions, etc), I put it up here so others can read and contribute. Together we are stronger and all that. :)

WARNING

You are doing this at your own risk and I will not/can not be held responsible for any bricks that result from this, I am just assembling the list of how to do this from posts scattered across multiple messages and forums.

This is not a guaranteed method, it’s what some people, including myself, have done and been successful with.

Updating the firmware is risky by it’s nature, and even more so with rolling back something that the manufactures did not intend to have rolled back. Add in that DJI apparently encrypts it’s module code and not all updates touch all the modules and it can get scary at times. However, if you are still willing to try, continue reading…

These are the steps to roll back from 1.10.0090 to 1.7.0060. Why 1.7.0060? This was the only version of the firmware that was released with an encrypted flight controller module, making it an ‘obvious’ choice for modifications. By accident or design of a disgruntled employee, no one who can tell is saying anything.

UPDATE: At this time, we have at least one successful 1.11 to 1.7.x rollback with debug use listed here. With DJI now actively working to prevent people from 'tweaking' the firmware, it is possible that 1.11 has something in it that makes this riskier than normal.

I will try to keep this updated as necessary as new information becomes available.

Note that the remote controller firmware will need to be rolled back as well (1.5.8 is known to work with 1.7.0060). Firmware 1.8.X and greater need RC firmware 1.6.X and up due to changes in the transmission protocol. The ‘graduation cap’ method may work for you, or it may not give you the option. If it doesn’t, then a possible manual method is listed as well.

I was able to roll back my professional with these steps. I don't have an advanced, so I can't verify that these step will work the same. In theory, they will as the only difference between the two is the camera/gimbal in use, but take that with a grain of salt!

Assumptions:
  • One is performing this on a phantom 3 advanced or professional (no idea if the other phantoms are the same).
  • One has a copy of an earlier DJI Go version (2.4.2, I found a copy on apkbeast)
Shorthand used:

The filenames are listed after the version number, and each line is a clickable link to download the FW zip from DJI (hopefully they don't remove them). These are the ones I used to rollback my p3p, the advanced filenames start with P3S, not X. If DJI moves/removes them, Google can help with finding alternate sources, search for the filename with the .bin or a .zip (hint hint). Make sure you have the right one!

An alternate source for the links to the FW files that lists even more is available here.

FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS STEP BY STEP, DO NOT SKIP ANY OF THEM, DO NOT SKIP FW VERSIONS, OR YOU MAY END UP WITH MISMATCHED MODULES OR EVEN BRICK YOUR BIRD.

Note that the debug flashing step(s) will take around 23 minutes, minimum, to finish. Make sure your battery is fully charged and in good shape!

The process:
  1. On an SD card, create a file named "P3S_FW_DEBUG" (p3a) or "P3X_FW_DEBUG" (p3p), contents of the file do not matter, it just needs to exist. If using Windows, make sure that the filename extension is not present. Google if you don't know how to check this
  2. Copy the previous version of the FW onto the SD card, not the version you want to finally roll back to. If you are starting with 1.10.0090, you will need to use version 1.9.0060.
  3. Flash the FW
  4. Once done, boot the phantom as normal and verify that the flash worked. If it did not, try again (I believe this is the correct thing to do if it did not flash on the first attempt).
  5. Remove the debug file and the now current FW, then put the next previous version on the SD card (1.8.0080).
    • When I went to flash from 1.8 to 1.7, it would not downgrade in the normal method, I had to use the debug file
  9. Start up the DJI Go app and check the FW versions (you must not have any plus signs next to the numbers) and use the 'restore default settings' option
    • If the DJI app shows version numbers like 1.7.6+ (note the plus sign), this means that some modules did not get rolled back as they should have. In this case, you may have various issues with the compass, video feed, gimbal, etc. Reflash the 1.7.6 FW with the 'debug' file on the SD card.
  11. Profit! (?)
If you finish this and the FW versions list in the DJI app still show version numbers like 1.7.6+, something bad happened and a module(s) still did not get rolled back. Currently, the only possible fix is to update the firmware back to a point where the plus signs go away and work your way back again. This is not a guarantee that all will be well and you can try again, you may truly be stuck and have to send your bird in for repair.

For even more details on the firmware and modules, it is strongly suggested to check the phantom-firmware-tools github project page. Be warned that firmware modification is still in the early days and the page is meant for ‘advanced users’. In other words, beware, there be dragons and very sharp edges! Not for the faint of heart! :)

RC firmware rollback:
At this time, the information I have in front of me is limited and written from an Android device point of view (I don't have an iPad or equivalent, just Android devices). The following is known:
  • When the DJI Go app does an update, it downloads a file from their server (i.e. RC_FW_V1.6.0.bin) into a folder named DJI/dji.pilot/package on the device storage and installs it from that location.
There are two methods for rolling back the FW that I have seen, the 'graduation method' and a manual method. The graduation method is the preferred way of doing this, but both are listed for better documentation.

Graduation Method
  2. In the upper right hand corner, press and hold the icon for the Academy until a new screen appears
  3. From the drop down, choose the FW to roll back to and let it download and install
Manual Method
(Found on RC Firmware config · Issue #10 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub by aka1ceman)
  2. Touch and hold top right corner of screen for 5-10 seconds. (tutorial button thanks to Inspire guys)
  7. Go back to DJI Go app and finish install. It will finish installing. It did install for me although renaming may not be the safest way. Hope this helps.
Things to do after this:
  • You may want to try doing the 'channel hack' to increase the number of channels the RC uses to talk to the AC. I may do this myself at a later date if I feel it will improve things.

Thanks goes to:
  • notsolowki for starting the firmware thread and pointing out a step or two in case the main steps didn't quite work
  • aka1ceman on the github project page for posting a method to manually rollback RC firmware
  • mefistotelis for running the phantom-firmware-tools, an alternative implementation to parser from phantom-licensecheck, github project
EDIT 7/17: Added commentary about the 1.11 FW reports and different versions of the gimbal

I'm come from China . APP has been banned from downgrade. Who can send me a low version file of FC.Thank [email protected]

Attachments

• 微信图片_20180304112348.jpg
    微信图片_20180304112348.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 503
Phamtom 3 Profesional, entiendo que es version 1.

hice todo al pie de la letra, baje del 1.10 al 1.9 con el debug, del 1.9 al 1.8 sin debug y jalo al 100, tuve que hacer sync de nuevo con el mando a distancia.
hasta alli todo bien. pero lei que el firmware perfecto para todos los mods era el 1.7.
Asi que decidi continuar ya encarrerado. le meti el 1.7 con debug ya que por si mismo no me lo permitio. y empezo mi historia de terror.
despues de los casi 25 min. marco error con el sonido de didididi a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
repeti el proceso y nada.
volvi a intentar con 1.8 sin debug, nada. con debug, nada
intente regresar a la 1.9 con debug, nada.
en cada intento todo parecia normal, pero al final es decir despues de 20 min, diiiiiiiii.

Alguien que pueda apoyarme?

I started downgrade from 1.09, after 1.76, the no-fly zone is still in, I do not know where the problem is, and then continue to fall to 1.4, the no-fly zone is still in, and when I finally relegated to 1.3, the phantom diiiiiiiii long Ming. After unplugging the battery, renewing the battery and re-entering the 1.6 firmware, the phantom can continue to work, but the unplugged smart battery cannot be turned on or off, and has been confirmed to be dead.

Last edited:
I tried to downgrade the AC from 1.10.9 to 1.08. There was a compass error. I tried several times without success. I need help now (PH3 ADV)
Why is my RC only 1.60 can choose

I started downgrade from 1.09, after 1.76, the no-fly zone is still in, I do not know where the problem is, and then continue to fall to 1.4, the no-fly zone is still in, and when I finally relegated to 1.3, the phantom diiiiiiiii long Ming. After unplugging the battery, renewing the battery and re-entering the 1.6 firmware, the phantom can continue to work, but the unplugged smart battery cannot be turned on or off, and has been confirmed to be dead.
Just downgrading alone does not necessarily remove NFZ.

I tried to downgrade the AC from 1.10.9 to 1.08. There was a compass error. I tried several times without success. I need help now (PH3 ADV)
Why is my RC only 1.60 can choose
Read the tutorial on how to downgrade the remote.

Just out of curiosity, I have an EU model with the less powerful CE mode (hardware side, the new controller) but upgraded it with parabolic antennas and 2W boosters.

My question: Does 1.7.6 give any benefits? Like higher top speed, better TX/HD? Sorry, noone really specified what's better about it, so the new FWs really harm the performance?

Hi Airbender, your advice saved my sanity last night!

I received my first DJI drone yesterday - a DJI re-furbished Phantom 3 Advanced and was keen to power it all up. I didn't see an SD card in the box and assumed It wasn't included (WRONG!) After checking battery levels were good, I powered up the remote, App and P3A which then proceeded to do what I later realized was a firmware update. Much to my dismay, this bricked the battery (2 middle LED's permanently lit & unable to turn off). After checking, I found that the SD card was supplied and was already in the drone with a P3S_FW_V01.11.0020.bin firmware file on it. After a number of unsuccessful re-tries at the firmware, I began a frustrating search on the net for a solution - due to past experiences with firmware upgrades in my work (Broadcast transmitters) I thought a firmware downgrade and then a re-upgrade might be the solution, but no one seemed to have a method that worked - until I came across your post! I figured I had nothing to lose, so, following your method I downgraded the firmware to P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin which happily restored the battery back to normal! I then re-upgraded the firmware to the latest version without any problems. I am a bit surprised that DJI don't have a firmware rollback feature, as I found I was not the only one to have a bricked battery due to a firmware upgrade failure on a number of different DJI drones - including Spark and Mavic Pro models. Many equipment manufacturers have had this functionality for some time due to the possibility of firmware upgrade glitches.

Your post saved me a lot of disappointment and possibly having to return my P3A for a warranty repair/claim and having to wait for days or weeks to fly my P3A - so thanks again!

WARNING

Assumptions:
Shorthand used:

The process:
  3. Flash the FW
  11. Profit! (?)

RC firmware rollback:

Graduation Method
Manual Method
Things to do after this:

Thanks goes to:

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, I have an EU model with the less powerful CE mode (hardware side, the new controller) but upgraded it with parabolic antennas and 2W boosters.

My question: Does 1.7.6 give any benefits? Like higher top speed, better TX/HD? Sorry, noone really specified what's better about it, so the new FWs really harm the performance?
1.7.6 by itself doesn't give benefits like higher speed. It happened to be the 1st unencrypted fw that we were a or to modify to get those characteristics. We changed the parameters in the fw.

Now since then we have been able to obtain the key to unencrypt all fw.

As far as harm performance.... early fw did not include as much restriction on NFZ and slight performance to prevent battery issues mainly in cold weather. And yes, as time went on and certain countries complained, DJI lowered the TX power to conform to laws in that country.S9me have noticed a distance reduction .

hello to all I have a problem after interrupting the update of FW in the app ERROR CAMERA comes out and does not read the sd recognizes it but not the data that I can do thanks.

Got this link from the video here: howto:modp3params [dji.retroroms.info] It looks like the steps are pretty much the same.

Thought I bricked my P3 Standard after trying it. Mine is not like the one in the video above though, newer version maybe, as the memory card slot is on top of the camera as opposed to being integrated into the mount housing in the video. Followed all the steps. Formatted the card to start. Just in case (pretty sure it was already there anyway), I started with P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin along with the P3C_FW_DEBUG file with no extension. P3C_FW_RESULT_AB.txt shows "Abort - The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

Next hit it with P3C_FW_V01.08.0100.bin and all seemed to go okay. Result file shows only shows the message "Packet: P3C_FW_V01.08.0100.bin - Upgrading ...".

Next I tried to hit it with P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin. This is where the problems started. It ended with a red light and a horrendous sound. WAY louder and more annoying than the standard upgrade/downgrade tones. I'm serious. I put this thing in my walk-in closet in my bathroom, closed the door, then closed the bathroom door, then closed the bedroom door and you could still hear it! Even tried covering it with a thick blanket. My heart sank when I powered it off/on and the same louder/annoying tones continued. Result file shows "Packet: P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin - Upgrading..." and nothing else.

Thinking I bricked it, as a last ditch effort I put P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin back on the memory card and hit it again. It started out with the louder/annoying tones, but after about 15 minutes of that, it went back to the softer "beep-beep" tones and was flashing red/green again. 15 minutes after that the flashing stopped. I removed the memory card and powered it on. Everything works again. Yay! Result file shows "Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin - Upgrading...".

Seemed so easy. Where did I go wrong? I read in the OP here that some P3 are built with different hardware which could make downgrading risky. Could mine be one of those?

Also, in the video I noted above, the creator of the video says the python scripts linked can now modify and flash any version by simply downloading the latest dji_fwcon.py from the link he provided. I did that and followed all the steps and applied them to P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin. Everything seemed to go just fine, except when I put the resulting PMCAPPFw3.bin on the memory card and turn on the drone it does not flash. It just turns on like normal. Some models of the P3 apparently have a button on the side to force a flash. Mine does not.

Is there any way I can still do this?

Hi peeps thanks for all the info! Awesome.

I can confirm successful downgrade from 1.11 using debug file for P3A to 1.10. I did another step to 1.9 (no + signs) because I had ESC status error. In the end the status error was caused by something else but it was worth the try. (bird is flying again though)

Also maybe handy to ad this link in the main article (if not already):
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

It's a link the all the previous P3 Advanced firmwares.
I tried to flash with P3X files .... took a while b4 I realized it was for P3P not P3A.. duh...

I am not exactly sure which version P3A I have but it has the new motors and the part #96 mainboard.

AC was flying again this afternoon using FW:
AC=1.9
RC=1.6
GO=2.4.2

I'm not sure if I will up- or downgrade from here. If the RC power restriction from FW RC 1.6 is confirmed I'll probably downgrade to RC 1.5.8 and 1.7 for the bird.

Thanks again and hope my contribution is of any help.

Cheers,
Pat
Hello Pat
I know it's been a while since you posted this message but, having a ESC Status Error on my 1.11.20 P3P, I'm trying to make a downgrade to see if that could solve my problem.
I see that your esc status error was caused by something else... could you tell me what, please ?
Thank you !

Hello to everyone. I'm a french new owner of a second hand Phantom 3 Pro, which is my first "real drone".
Having a ESC problem, which have been temporarilly solved by the 1.11.30 DJI FW, but reappeared a few flights later, I'm assuming that this error is a software problem, so I hope downgrading my drone could solve it !

Thanks to this post, I was able to succesfully downgrade to 1.07.0060. Thank you Airbender !!!
Screenshot_2018-05-16-06-26-42.png

But as you could notice, I have a Aircraft Firmware Inconsistent message. Does anybody know what it means ?
Screenshot_2018-05-16-06-29-21.png

Maybe it's because I'm still using too much recent version of DJI Go ? I have downloaded a patched 2.4.2 version but still hadn't time to test it.

Other thing: it's impossible for me to downgrade my RC. I tried many times the graduation cap method, but it never worked... Always had a fail message...

I'm a bit confused with the very first post in this forum:

Manual Method
I don't understand the 6th step. Would someone please explain to me a different way.

Thank you to everyone who could help me !

EDIT: with the patched dji go 2.4.2, the rc upgrade seems to work !

EDIT N°2: unfortunately my ESC Status problem was not solved by downgrading :-(

Last edited:
Hello to everyone. I'm a french new owner of a second hand Phantom 3 Pro, which is my first "real drone".
Having a ESC problem, which have been temporarilly solved by the 1.11.30 DJI FW, but reappeared a few flights later, I'm assuming that this error is a software problem, so I hope downgrading my drone could solve it !

Thanks to this post, I was able to succesfully downgrade to 1.07.0060. Thank you Airbender !!!
View attachment 98953
But as you could notice, I have a Aircraft Firmware Inconsistent message. Does anybody know what it means ?
View attachment 98954
Maybe it's because I'm still using too much recent version of DJI Go ? I have downloaded a patched 2.4.2 version but still hadn't time to test it.

Other thing: it's impossible for me to downgrade my RC. I tried many times the graduation cap method, but it never worked... Always had a fail message...

I'm a bit confused with the very first post in this forum:

Manual Method
I don't understand the 6th step. Would someone please explain to me a different way.

Thank you to everyone who could help me !

EDIT: with the patched dji go 2.4.2, the rc upgrade seems to work !

EDIT N°2: unfortunately my ESC Status problem was not solved by downgrading :-(
We downloaded the 1.3.2 firmware for the RC and renamed it 1.5 to make the app think it was installing 1.5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.