Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

I did all the process but my phantom doesn´t work anymore... is there some tip´s to try to my phantom come back to life? it is not working...

I did all the process but my phantom doesn´t work anymore... is there some tip´s to try to my phantom come back to life? it is not working...
Need to be more specific before anyone can offer any help.

Which phantom do you have, pro or advanced?
What firmware version did you start from?
What steps exactly did you do?
What do you mean by doesn't work anymore? What symptoms are you seeing? No link between the RC and AC? No video feed? What lights are showing up on the AC and RC? Is it swearing at you in Hungarian?

You need to be very specific :)

I hope you are not a victim as I was .... I had to send mine in for repair .... new OFDM Rcvr and board ....

Basically the P3P has had 3 revisions on the OFDM and all FW now is related to Vers 3 .... DJI admitted that Vers 1 particularly is vulnerable to failure with forward as well as backward FW change.

I was very lucky that DJI repaired mine for free ... but I know cases where it has cost over $200 to fix.

Interesting point : When I rec'd my P3P back from DJI two days ago ... they had installed FW 1.10.09 ... not 1.11.20 .....

I hope you get her fixed ...

Nigel

I used the debug file for doing this. After this, I could not conect the rc anymore. Tried to bind and nothing. After this happened, i tried to upgrade again and didn't work. What mean, the upgrade failed, red lightning and ddddddddddddddddd busy. Tried again and the same. After this I tried to downgrade for many differents versions and the some results.

This the status now. No light on in the gimal board. The aircraft doesn't link to the Rc. Last fw I tried to install. Was 1.3.
IMG_7623.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7624.JPG
    IMG_7624.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 564
Which parts was necessary to replace in your aircraft? Why the downgrade damaged those parts?

Video downlink module V14
Main controller board 2312
Gimbal roll axis ESC board

Rest of my repair were physical ...... unrelated.

The reason given to me is that the P3P as I said earlier - has had 3 revisions through its life ... the FW now is aimed at the Vers. 3 ... but still supposed to be suitable for Vers. 1 & 2 .... but as they told me - my P3P was Vers. 1 and they are liable to fail when FW is changed Up or Down.

I don't say this is your problem ... but this is what happened to me.

Nigel

Ok airbender from 10 went to 9 with debug / 9 to 8 with debug neither would go without debug so to 7 with debug no go without it either. Now at 7 I hear a scratching sound sounds terrible and getting gimbal overload message tried camera doesn't work. Every thing was fine or worked until now. Before work I reinstalled 7 with debug file didn't have time to check before leaving. Next thing is with dji go 1.1.14 on a iphone s6 didn't have a plus but with 2.4.2 on a android I have the plus kinda puzzled with that one . I'm wondering if when I get home an it's still making a crazy sound an camera not working should I go down to 6 then back to 7. O yea I've been downgrading ac first and then rc . If this seems rushed it is im at work being watched. Thanks

Next thing is with dji go 1.1.14 on a iphone s6 didn't have a plus but with 2.4.2 on a android I have the plus kinda puzzled with that one
If the + is still around, it sounds like something didn't downgrade. Hopefully you didn't run into a failure with the earlier hardware revisions that some have.

2.4.2 should work fine with 1.7.x firmware, it's what I'm using and the + sign only shows up with the batteries that were not in the AC when I did the downgrade on mine.

What I would do is see what the results of the 1.7.x with the debug are. If it's still not quite right, install the next version up and do that until it starts working again.

P3A / P3P ESC Error Shown on App after Firmware update.

Please contact us so that we can send you the firmware version 1.11.30 and you can copy on your SD card and insert to your drone. Reboot the drone and let the firmware update to this version.

Reactions: Mordor
1.11.30 is different from P3S_FW_V01.11.0020?

Is it little different? Apart that everything seems work, except at beginning difficulty recognize my batteries, red light on gimball, and esc error every time i try turn on engines...

Thank you!

UPDATE:
After donwgrade until 1.7, always with different errors, including MD Data, Barometer, Compass, i decide to update to 1.8, than 1.11.
At the end i did get a big red light on gimball and engines.
Did repeat the update, same result.

However, hen connected with App, everything seems ok, no more errors, and engines did start!

. After about 8 fw experiences, i finish my experiences and i will live with it.

My opinion, somehow battery and gimball are in my case conected to this errors....
i have a P3A with V2 board and engines.

Hope it helps somebody here!

Goodspeed!

1.11.30 is different from P3S_FW_V01.11.0020?

Is it little different? Apart that everything seems work, except at beginning difficulty recognize my batteries, red light on gimball, and esc error every time i try turn on engines...

Thank you!
Yes it is different...

Reactions: Mordor
This 1.11 is completely insane:
My original battery, at 30%, did enter as having only 15%......luckily i was near just testing and did land with safe...
Also, can`t go further then 30 meters....and yes i did log out/log in...
No, i dont` have last app: Its 2.7.2. and no, isn`t at beginning mode or any kind of limitation..

A OEM battery, i thought it was dead.....didn`t work.

Finally, i did use my wife phone and everything seems fine, except image quality very bad, as opposite to app 2.x.x....and distance seems worse...

In conclusion:

Due to this draconian measures from DJI, i, in fact receive a new P3A, but completely lost the confidence i did have in flight :(:(

Can tell, if suddenly gonna have a esc error, or battery problem....i dont feel confidence in nothing. Its a bomb waiting to fall!

Thanks DJI for screw it......no personal offense here Raul Flaga...

Last week I rolled back successfully on my P3A from P3S_FW_V01.11.0020 to P3S_FW_V01.10.0090 with DEBUG file method. After downgrade all lights were red. So I turned it off/on and bird did the same SW update once again. After that it was O.K.

Reactions: airbender

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.