Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Tks ...

Please - I am not against or trying to knock the want to roll-back etc. But would like to pass on what happened yo me and hopefully others avoid the heartache and serious cists of repairs if it goes wrong.

Even the DJI guys admitted that they are not happy with DJI's changes - risking this 'burnout'.

I've been looking into this more and I think the changes on the board are to do with power. The version 1 had potential to have too much power hit it ... the version 2 limited this, but only the 3rd version fixed it. It may be that 'surges' occur while changing FW and its installing to modules .... but it would need someone far better at electronics than I to see the real reason.

Anyway - as they said - it can happen going forward or back with FW !

Nigel

Thanks for all the efforts and instructions. I just downgraded my P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.9.6 per instructions and no problems and no "+"s. Used the graduation method to downgrade RC from 1.8.0 to 1.6.0 using the Go App ver 3.1.3. No problems. AC took about 22 mins to reflash and RC maybe 3 mins. I was gonna downgrade the Go App to 2.4 but is there a real need? I do not plan to use the hacks at this time. Thanks again!

Thanks for all the efforts and instructions. I just downgraded my P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.9.6 per instructions and no problems and no "+"s. Used the graduation method to downgrade RC from 1.8.0 to 1.6.0 using the Go App ver 3.1.3. No problems. AC took about 22 mins to reflash and RC maybe 3 mins. I was gonna downgrade the Go App to 2.4 but is there a real need? I do not plan to use the hacks at this time. Thanks again!

That's good to hear that it worked for you ...

Nigel

I dint read all this thread so this may have already been said but when i do check it out i see people talking about the "+"...Did anyone ever have any issues when there was a "+" after the FW# after downgrading...I'm pretty sure its just the battery FW and in my case I know it was...Besides the battery that i used when downgrade it, every other battery gave me the "+" because they weren't downgraded with it. I downgraded my spare batteries just to see if i could and really for no other reason...I think people try to get rid of it by reloading FW up and back down and in some cases maybe causing issues...What I'm trying to say is I really don't think its worth caring about the "+"...Hell, it may even be a benefit to have the "+" who really knows...

Reactions: Apilot101
This issue of whether the method works with FW 1.11.20 - I wonder if the 3 generation factor plays here. No-one knows what generation P3P they have without opening up the gimbal case .... so I'm wondering if successful roll-backs from 1.11.20 are mostly generation 3 machines ? With a spattering of earlier generation successes ?

Nigel

Just had word from DJI Centre ... my P3P is on its way to the 'Doctor' ..... so I hope all will turn out good.

When I collect it - I will try and get some more info ...

Nigel

Good to know @solentlife , thank you for the reports. I've updated the OP with links to your post and the supporting evidence in the wiki that there are multiple versions of the P3A/P that can cause problems when trying to roll back.

· mefistotelis is "the man" He has helped develop all the tools we have as of now, and really moved forward understanding the firmwares.

That's fine .... but remember that the original method was based on 1.10.09 back ... not on latest FW 1.11.20

So far we do not know if there are any 'quirks' in latest FW that need to be accounted for.

The other point is the 3 generations of P3P ..... for myself having fallen foul of this - I would be relatively OK to roll back 1.10.09 - but not 1.11.20 ....

At end of day DJI will basically dictate as they control writing of the FW.

Nigel

The market for a "jailbreak" app have just increased considerably.
The freedom of a jail broken phantom is something that is going to be the new talking point.

Reactions: Apilot101
The market for a "jailbreak" app have just increased considerably.
The freedom of a jail broken phantom is something that is going to be the new talking point.
Its also the new app. Its an underground app that has to be downloaded with an APK file but the results are very impressive. Not sure if I an allowed to link the site here. If I am allowed then I will happily do that

DJI don't own this site ... so go for it ...

To cover your a*** ...... add a line :

This is purely for information purposes only and use is entirely at own risk etc. ... ;)

Nigel

Its also the new app. Its an underground app that has to be downloaded with an APK file but the results are very impressive. Not sure if I an allowed to link the site here. If I am allowed then I will happily do that

Please?:):D

I don't. I've been hearing that 1.11 isn't currently something that can be rolled back yet. You might be stuck.

Think I will update the OP mentioning that 1.11 may not be able to be rolled back with this method.

I downgraded my P3P using the graduation method from 1.11 to 1.10 and it worked just fine. I could downgrade further, but I was very happy with 1.10. I also downgraded the remote to 1.6 (1.8 is offered but fails to download). 1.6 worked fine. Re-calibrated the lot and all seems to work just fine.
So, I would say it is possible to downgrade from 1.11.

Reactions: Mordor
I downgraded my P3P using the graduation method from 1.11 to 1.10 and it worked just fine. I could downgrade further, but I was very happy with 1.10. I also downgraded the remote to 1.6 (1.8 is offered but fails to download). 1.6 worked fine. Re-calibrated the lot and all seems to work just fine.
Cool, thanks for posting. I've updated the OP with your report. :)

Can you tell me if you have the last version of board and the engines?
Tomorow i receive mine from DJI reparations and i may try this....even its a Advanced model..

Apreciated!

Hi peeps thanks for all the info! Awesome.

I can confirm successful downgrade from 1.11 using debug file for P3A to 1.10. I did another step to 1.9 (no + signs) because I had ESC status error. In the end the status error was caused by something else but it was worth the try. (bird is flying again though)

Also maybe handy to ad this link in the main article (if not already):
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

It's a link the all the previous P3 Advanced firmwares.
I tried to flash with P3X files .... took a while b4 I realized it was for P3P not P3A.. duh...

I am not exactly sure which version P3A I have but it has the new motors and the part #96 mainboard.

AC was flying again this afternoon using FW:
AC=1.9
RC=1.6
GO=2.4.2

I'm not sure if I will up- or downgrade from here. If the RC power restriction from FW RC 1.6 is confirmed I'll probably downgrade to RC 1.5.8 and 1.7 for the bird.

Thanks again and hope my contribution is of any help.

Cheers,
Pat

Reactions: Neon Euc
Reactions: VibeyPhantom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4