Downgrade 3.12

Download previous version of the assistant, you should able to install the old firmware back. I tried it on my Mac once.

Just wondering why would you like to downgrade?

I tried to download 3.8 and 3.6 both won't let me go back they say that 3.12 is latest upgrade. I want to go back to 1.08 so I can adjust my gimbal. I have a walkera gimbal and it works good, but when I plug in my pitch control the gimbal will tilt up and down when the phantom moves forward and back. This issue has been talked about and everybody says to adjust limits in gimbal control. If you or anybody else has a different work around please let me know.

You cannot downgrade to an old version of 3x. All Phantom Assistant 3.x versions will install the latest 3.x firmware version.

It is possible to downgrade to the latest 2.x or 1.x version of the firmware though. To downgrade to 1x, download and install a 1.x version of the Phantom Assistant from the following link:

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

I tired that too, I found someone on here that had a link to dji assistant 1.08. I downloaded it and its still doing the same thing. I can post a picture if that helps. Maybe its me and I'm doing something wrong. But I thought it was pretty straight forward. Plug in drone click update software does the rest. I even tried to do a hard reset, the hard reset worked and showed software 0.0 but still wouldn't load 1.08. I'm at a complete loss

IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1264.JPG

Are you using Wndows or Mac? I used Mac because I couldn't get Windows to recognize the firmware.

I couldn't find assistant 1.08 for Mac, so I had to use windows. But if you have the dmg for it or know where I could get it please let me know. I willing to try anything.

I wonder if disconnecting from router or wifi will allow rollback firmware to a later version

I will defiantly try that, and I thought about doing that, but I wasn't sure because I though it had to download the software. Im really trying to find dji assistant v1.08 for mac. I can't find it for the life of me.

I tried to disconnect the wifi but to no avail. I'm starting to think that they are making it so once you upgrade to 3.12 thats it, no going back. I have a feeling it has to do with the new no fly zone in Washington DC

When it first came out I went ahead and went to 3.12 to try it and then used the 3.04 to go back and was no issue . Did it again just trying different stuff and tried todo it again and it wouldn't do it here nether ! :confused: Did try the unhooking from internet but like you it's gone !! o_O
I don't have any issues with it where I'm at but just like experimenting with these but might not beable to this time !!

Well dang looks like I might be s.o.l then. If anybody has a work around please let me know, so I can use the tilt feature with my gimbal.

Well dang looks like I might be s.o.l then. If anybody has a work around please let me know, so I can use the tilt feature with my gimbal.
In assistant did ya check the upgraded gimbal ?

Being in the same boat as OP, I found all that option did, was to tell assistant that you have the wheel instead of the slider. The wheel is self centring and with a supported gimbal, it will spring back when you release it, but it will leave the gimbal in the position it is. With the slider option you would have the normal knob control, which will move the back gimbal to neutral as soon as you release the wheel.

I have the new controller but it doesn't make any difference at all what option I choose. Only when you have a Zenmuse H3-3D or a Vision+ camera it will differ.

People with anything else, including Zenmuse H3-2D, are left out and can never go back again (suddenly, no announcement or warning) to adjust their gimbal. DJI is very sorry but all they say is that they only support H3-3D and H4-3D.
For non DJI gimbals they don't even bother to answer at all, other than "sorry but we don't support 3rd party gimbals".

What we can do is to add resistors to the knob to get the amount of gimbal movement down or up. Or bypass it with a knob of our own choice. I removed the spring which helps a little but every 1/10 of a mm I move the knob, the gimbal does the full swing, very annoying and it renders the pitch useless actually.

I'll revisit all the gimbal knob mod threads. There must be a way to get it working more or less.

edited for typo's

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.