Double vision in night shots

Reaction score
Okay before anyone offers ideas on changing my settings, let me tell you I am a 40 year photography user, and I have used every camera setting you can imagine, so its not a setting problem.
I have been told that perhaps my lenses are not aligned and it does not show up except in night shots. See example....and I have tried many times with different lights. Including experiments in the basement with all types of lights. Same results as the shots your seeing. I guess do I need a new camera?
Click HERE for examples

Thank you in advance
John

Wouldn't you think if you had a lens alignment problem it would show up in all photographs?
The shots were 1/3 and 1/5 of a second.
I can't tell if these were cropped or the original size.
What was the weather conditions? Any wind to speak of?
Any filters on the camera. Some of your others looks like they may have a polarizer or ND filter.

Reactions: BoydBros
Wouldn't you think if you had a lens alignment problem it would show up in all photographs?
The shots were 1/3 and 1/5 of a second.
I can't tell if these were cropped or the original size.
What was the weather conditions? Any wind to speak of?
Any filters on the camera. Some of your others looks like they may have a polarizer or ND filter.

No wind,you can actually read the address on the garage, so no shaking, clear sky....other pics I've taken were shot with the camera in vivid mode, no filters.

I agree, this looks like reflections off the front glass.
Either that or his camera has a vertical astigmatism.

I would think that if it's a lens alignment issue, it would be visible in the daylight images as well. If there was a physical aperture, it would only show in low light with the aperture wide open but since it's electronic, I can't see that being the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoydBros

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.