Phantom 2 Vision + NO CAMERA

Reaction score
So I just bought a used phantom 2 vision plus. Everything works as far as flying. I'm 100% new to the drone scene and I have a few questions in hopes you kind folks could help me understand or help troubleshoot.

1: Does the GPS have to be fully connected to the right amount of satellites in order to make the camera work? Must it be calibrated 1st also?

2. When I open up the DJ app, I connect to the phantom wifi. In the ABOUT section under settings it shows N/A for Camera. When I click to show camera from on the main page, it opens and states "wifi connection broken" and it only shows the wifi extender battery percentage. No
Satellite data, no SD info (line goin through it) no percentage of battery for PV+. When I back out of the camera back to home page, it says my wifi is connected to the Phantom_xxxx. So I'm baffeled. At one point the app showed the camera being Green, Internet connection blue and Wifi connection no color.

I updated app, firmware on camera and whatever else I was able to update.

3. Is there an updated firmware for the WiFi extender? Do I just plug that in to the computer via micro-usb? (Only thing I just thought of while writing this that I didn't try)

I checked all connections to camera. They seem tight and secure. When I push the manual picture button, it flashes red a couple times then back to green. Is the red bad? The gimbal seems to work properly. No crazy movements & bizzare noises, at least I don't think the noises are bad. The camera stays green when powered on. No red lights for anything except when I push manual picture button above camera.

I feel ive tried all possible things I think I could have tried.

Bad wifi extender?

Bad camera?

How do I know?

Does DJ assistant help with anything when micro usb is connected to camera usb and computer? Or is that only for transfer?

Any suggestions would be fantastic and looking forward to using this site.

Mind you I've been trying to do all this while at home, not in a open field or anything like that. So not sure if the interference of not being in the middle of basically nowhere is what's truly effecting why my camera won't connect. Also have rebinded the device numerous times.

Trying to lay out my whole situation for everyone in hopes to help narrow down what the problem could be.

Thanks!!!!!!

Looks like your the module inside the phantom is not bounded to the white range extender on your controller.

I'm at the gym so i cant find the how to bind link. Google up re700 binding. There is a wiki on it. And dont rely on the QR barcode. The internal wifi module may of been replaced.

How do I know if I have the re500 or re700? Is it located on the extender?

Last edited:
How do I know if I have the re500 or re700? Is it located on the extender?
It shouldn't matter as the RE500 and RE700 are the same. The only difference is strength. The P2V+ (the one you have) should be a RE700.

Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Range Extender - DJI Wiki

Let us know how you go.. and keep in mind, a used P2V+ may have a wifi module swapped out so the QR barcode to bind may not match the unit inside.
If that is the case, google wifi analyser. I'm at work at a meeting at the moment so I can't give you step by step..

Holy hell that worked!!! I'm in business! The wifi module must have been swapped out because that QR code didn't work.

You my friend are a genius. I'm just glad I don't have to keep messing with this thing till the morning hours being frustrated. Awesome. Thank you so much. Can't wait to get out there and use this PV2+ to its full potential.

Holy hell that worked!!! I'm in business! The wifi module must have been swapped out because that QR code didn't work.

You my friend are a genius. I'm just glad I don't have to keep messing with this thing till the morning hours being frustrated. Awesome. Thank you so much. Can't wait to get out there and use this PV2+ to its full potential.

All in days work of Captain Non-America :)

Yes he is a genius and you can be one also if you read the user manual :) I recommend reading it before flying so you won't lose(or crash) you bird due to user error.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Have fun flying !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.