Don't trust healthy drones to track lost drones... Here's why with photo proof

Reaction score
So I set up a mission using litchi as pictured
601ec445f9d3c0e11f5a53c2d353542c.jpg

It ran the whole course as it was on my SD card. However healthy drones stated it didn't actually fly the whole course as pictured
e14f545214833a440d6c661412704255.jpg

This is extremely worrying as it may explain why many people can't find lost drones. Up until way point 5 healthy drones didn't log it at all. Which also means I am missing flight times and flight distance which I like to keep track off. Not sure if anyone noticed this but hopefully for anyone who can't find a lost drone then I recommend searching the whole flight area and not just what healthy drones say.

Hope that helps

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would also like to add in case this may be the reason why.... Is that up until way point 5 I lost connection with the RC controller. Could this be why it didn't log onto health drones, even tho I thought the GPS on the drone is what gave healthy drones the feedback

You can view your entire flight log by uploading it to my log viewer here.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Logs on the tablet will contain the information when connection was healthy.

You can compare those logs on msingers tool too and figure out the differences. Let's not conclude without doing detailed investigations.

You can also extract logs from aircraft, they will be complete in all respects.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks guys. I was a bit shocked as I wasn't expecting that. I will try msinger's app later but I still don't understand why healthy drones didn't record the info on there site? Esp If the worst happened and I did lose the drone. I did send an email in case it may be something that they are working on. So as soon as I hear from them I will copy and paste their comments :)

Last edited:
If you had no connection to the bird, then you lost connection.... ie, the stream that contains the data sent from the bird was no longer there. Without a data stream coming from the bird (eg, gps coords), there's nothing for any app to log... It's the equivalent of turning off your controller or phone mid flight.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Nothing to do with Healthy Drones or Litchi, but probably not a good idea posting pictures showing you breaking CAA regulations......you never know who's looking!

If you had no connection to the bird, then you lost connection.... ie, the stream that contains the data sent from the bird was no longer there. Without a data stream coming from the bird (eg, gps coords), there's nothing for any app to log... It's the equivalent of turning off your controller or phone mid flight.
Yes.

I'm sorry - I don't use healthy drones, but if you're using a data file from your app/mobile device and you fly out of range, then of course the flight data will be interrupted. How could it not be?

Thanks guys. I was a bit shocked as I wasn't expecting that. I will try msinger's app later but I still don't understand why healthy drones didn't record the info on there site? Esp If the worst happened and I did lose the drone. I did send an email in case it may be something that they are working on. So as soon as I hear from them I will copy and paste their comments :)

Back to basics mate. App logs when connection to craft. Drone logs when connection lost. Your ac only transmits to your controller, not to anything else.

If you're worried about losing your drone, get separate GPS tracker like some people here have done.

On the other hand, you could avoid flying over houses, busy roads, shops and so forth to try reduce interference and possibility of compass malfunction, fly away and thus actually causing harm to others. If you continue like this, no one's really going to be concerned about your drone as such.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So I set up a mission using litchi as pictured
601ec445f9d3c0e11f5a53c2d353542c.jpg

It ran the whole course as it was on my SD card. However healthy drones stated it didn't actually fly the whole course as pictured
e14f545214833a440d6c661412704255.jpg

This is extremely worrying as it may explain why many people can't find lost drones. Up until way point 5 healthy drones didn't log it at all. Which also means I am missing flight times and flight distance which I like to keep track off. Not sure if anyone noticed this but hopefully for anyone who can't find a lost drone then I recommend searching the whole flight area and not just what healthy drones say.

Hope that helps

Just looked at the map, and I drive my bus round that area, will have to keep an eye in the sky from now on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.